1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

New look Pistons

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by 16 Mile, Oct 2, 2006.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Unfortunately we have the same opinion... but I'm willing to give him a clean slate to see what he can do... Dice took a lot of abuse because of is injury plagued years and he turned out to be a steal... sometimes players can thrive in the right environment.

2. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

This isn't hating on Murray, it's hating on Flip for already deciding minutes without even had a practice yet. How does Flip know that Flip is a better two than Delfino if he hasn't seen the two play against each other? How bout letting them compete for the minutes instead of just handing them out?

3. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Jess like it wasn't hating on Ben & Evans?

4. Robert Michael

Robert Michael First Round Draft Pick

Flip Saunders is a joke. I am on strike :yellowprison: until someone takes him out.

:gun1:

Delfino will be my
    huckleberry.

5. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Reading between the lines, never ever believe anything that Flip says. I think I've figured out what Flip is planning, and it doesn't look good. Sheed made a comment that you only play zone to hide a weak defensive player. Now who on this team is a weak defensive player? Murray.

Have a feeling we are going to see two 3 man rotations, each rotation getting 100 mpg. CB, Rip, and Flip; and Sheed, Nazr, and Dice. Add Tay playing Tay playing another 35 mpg, and that leaves about 5 mpg for the rest of the guys.

Delfino will get a lot less minutes than he's expecting because Flip will slide Rip to the three when Tay comes out. We'll see a lot of CB, Flip, and Rip lineups.

Lindsey and Delfino will play only if Rip is sitting out with Tay at the same time or with CB at the same time. This is gonna get ugly.

6. hack

hack First Round Draft Pick

`` it's hard to shut down teams in the 4th if you aren't allowed to play offense on the other end.''

really? Maybe you're on of those long-time Pistons fans who only came aboard after the LB era or something, because that's exactly what we did for 2 years.

7. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

it's hard to shut down a team with infinite tries to score while you get none. even if we stopped miami 6 out 8 times. we would only be down 4 more points cause we aren't scoring any. what i consider lockdown is making progress. if you are locking someone down they shouldn't be going up 4 more points.

i did say hard to do. i know during the lb era under the different rules that we would barely score any points and still survive to win by playing great D. under todays rules that's not possible when playing a star like lebron/wade as they march to the free throw line.

8. hack

You just repeated the same dumb stuff. Why do you think saying it twice would make it so?

9. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

hack, i think it's supposed to work sort of like hypnosis: you're getting sleepy, you're getting sleepy and, eventually, it DOES make it so...maybe it's like that, but you're not cooperating. prolly you need to just relax and give in and then it'll work.

10. hack

I'm not gonna pay a lot for this muffler. I'm not gonna pay a lot for this muffler. I'm not gonna pay a lot for this muffler.

11. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Simple solution: Dallas team got out-coached.

12. Prophecy Revealed

Prophecy Revealed First Round Draft Pick

You can't [coach] how officials will call fouls ,legit or phantom or self-inflicted (i.e. tripping on ones own feet or falling in a crowd when you try to take 4 defenders to the hole.)