New Jersey Nets December 26th, 7:30PM

Discussion in 'December 2006' started by Dlev59, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

New Jersey Nets 7:30PM
    TV - FSN (Local) NBALP

The Pistons go for their 5th win in a row, to make it 7 wins out of the last 8 games.

The Nets come to the Palace after losing their only inside presence (Kristic) to a season ending injury. The Pistons should pound the ball inside to Sheed, J-Max, or whosoever chooses to go in the paint because the Nets interior defense will be nonexistent.

Look for Kidd, Jefferson and Vinsanity to cocme out very agressive against Detroit.

The Nets are team that will not give up and the Pistons should expect a hard fought game.
  2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Better beat them by 15 just to be safe.
  3. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

No Nenad in this game. This guy always seems to play well against us. Without him, there is no reason for us not to win. No Uncle Cliffy either. With our bigs playing so well recently, we should kill them in the paint. Collins & Moore should foul out midway thru the 4th unless Flip decided to play 'small ball' with them.

Flip has the team play smart basketball, we should win the game without any problem.

GO PISTONS!
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Can't overlook the revenge factor in this game though JZ. I'm sure the Nets won't let Maxiell have his way so easily this time.

Looks like I'm on recap duty again. Time to sharpen some pencils! :D
  5. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Watch out for Eddie House!
  6. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

word. he started for the nets last time out and had a very productive game including 5 triples. small ball will be in full effect.
    still i'd like to see part 2 of the max-DD lock down D, Net smashing tandem.

but remember roscoe, any time the nets play in the palace now its revenge time for us in case anyone forgot that 3OT thriller in the 04 semis.

oh, and also any time we play scalabrine the celtic, the swine! :gun1:
  7. roscoe36

My only concern is that Flip gets away from grind it out ball and tries to play cute by matching up with a small ball lineup.

I'd like to see Blalock get his 15 minutes. The Goon Squad get some substantial minutes. And I'd like to see Nazr take advantage of Mikki Moore and Jason Collins.

Delfino could be huge in this game if we need to matchup defense against their small ball offense. His rebounding and length are factors the Nets have no answer for.
  8. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Pistons -8, 10 bucks.
  9. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Three days til the return of the Old Skool..................
  10. roscoe36

Hey guys, my TV guide says I get the game, but the menu on my cable box says they are showing the Memphis game.

We might need an emergency re-capper or two. If you can provide a synopsis or some observations for the folks who don't get the game, that would be a plus! Thanks!
  11. roscoe36

12. roscoe36

Yep, I got the darn Grizzlies on THREE CHANNELS and no Pistons/Nets at all.

Ho Ho Ho.
  13. Terry T

Terry T First Round Draft Pick

I was never so mad at Larry Brown as I was that game, refusing to put Memo in and letting Scalabrine beat us.
  14. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

TT let's not revisit that game.
  15. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Yes please. I am out of town with no NBALP! I need a good recap of the game. I will drop into chat for a minute, then going to the movies to check out the new Mel Gibson movie.
  16. linwood

linwood All-Star

I watched that game at Harry's during playoff madness. I still remember almost every gripping second. One for the books!
  17. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pistons win by 1, (92-91) but it should not have been this close with Kristic MIA. They beat us in the paint 36-28 and this was so close we could have lost this one by those 3 tech fouls called.

Good no call by the refs in the closing seconds. Frank was upset, but they could have called one earlier in that sequence when Mikki Moore tripped Tay.

CB was 1-10 tonight so he could have been the goat...too many jumpers and 21 three ball attempts.....

Oh well we beat a team that we were suppose to beat and extend our lead over the Bulls who came back from 25 down to tie their game with the Twolves with 7 seconds left but lost it with less than 2 seconds on a winning bankshot by Randy Foye.

We got a back to back situation that we normally take care of playing at the Garden tomorrow night vs the Knicks. My only regret is that with the NBA League pass, I will be forced to listen to Mr. Articulate>>Walt Frazier do the color commentary :lecturer:
  18. max

max All-Star

Pistons started strong and it was looking like a blowout until the Nets got back in it. Mainly when the Piston reserves came in, not much at all from them all game.

Kind of a choppy game. Lot of fouls called, they were calling everything but it seemed to go both ways. Nets got to the line more since Carter knew how to work the refs. It was very inconsistant though, what was an offensive foul a couple of plays ago was whistled for a defensive foul.

Couple of Pistons had some good games. Sheed carried the team early with his marksmanship 3-pt shooting. Rip/Tay were consistant. Rip really had to play through some foul trouble there. Not much from the bench tonight.

Most entertaining part of the game was in the final minute. On que the game was decided on a call on our end and Billups hit both his FT's and then a non-call on Carter to end the game. Laurence Frank went nuclear on the non-call but he should have known that anything short of murder will not be given to the road team on the final possetion in a 1-pt game.

Good thing of the game - another strong performance from Mohammed. Couple more games like that and I may have to change my opinion of him.

Nice to get the win.
  19. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I only saw the last 7 or 8 minutes of this game, which were back and forth all the way down the stretch. Pistons were lucky not to have a foul called on Sheed when he flopped Varejao-style in the last 10 seconds, and then Vince missed a wide open J. The Nets probably have a legitimate beef with no foul being called there, but they also got VERY lucky on two Pistons possessions in the last two minutes, as both CB and Sheed missed good shots (and CB's was a 3) that looked good all the way before going in and out.

One unusual thing was that Nazr played almost all the way through crunch time, a rare occurrence this season, if indeed it's happened at all in any of the close games that the Pistons have had. But there was a weird move in the final seconds when Flip pulled Nazr for a defensive switch, bringing in...Dupree (!?) to replace him. If it was small-ball defense, why not Delfino? Strange move. Thankfully, it didn't end up mattering at all.
  20. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Not impressive but impressive. Chauncey sucks tonight, we shot way too many trey's, and no production from the bench (all of them sucked, sans Davis, he earned his check); but we still found a way to win. Great teams find ways to win when it's not their night. Should feel good about tomorrow night, Chuancey owes us one, and the bench does too.