New Jersey Nets Dec.31st, 3:00 PM

Discussion in 'December 2008' started by Dlev59, Dec 26, 2008.

1. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

He was mainly taking Kwame to the woodshed, Lopez had it going last night and the only 2 players that we had on our team that stood a chance of slowing him down were out.

Yup pretty weird, but it proves thata contrary to popular belief, Joe is not asleep at the wheel. Think about this, we played the 2nd half with a 7 man rotation, 5 of the 7 were Joe D. draft picks, with the highest pick being a #15 pick in Stuckey (having a #1 overall in AI helps too.) Show me another GM who has 5 low draft picks contributing to the rotation.

You can say that again.

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'm really pumped

3. boozy

boozy First Round Draft Pick

Yeah he is a Super Douche. Have been incrediably aggrivated with the poor officiating I've been seeing in recent games. KB did not deserve all those 3 second calls. And AA has been getting called for some BS as well. Too many bad calls both ways for me to go into detail on every one. Although I do remember a Lopez tip in that sure looked like a goal tend to me.

4. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The only truly interesting thing to consider about this game was what Sheed might have said to the Jersey coaching staff on his way out of the game. They looked chagrined, but Lopez down at the end of the bench looked briefly shocked before cracking up.

And just to continue my rant - it doesn't matter how good Amir is unless he can actually stay in basketball games. Three fouls in the first nine minutes, all bad ones, the first off the ball grabbing a man heading to set a screen, the second offensive, and the third reaching in and fouling because he was out of position on defense.

Yeah, only one more for the rest of the game, but the damage was done because he wasn't nearly as productive the rest of the way. And that offensive foul on Lopez would nine times out of ten been on Amir in the 4th, and there were two others that most of the time he would have been whistled for. Any other game he fouls out again.

Maybe next game I'll track how many times he leaves the floor at a timeout without getting blasted by the coaching staff.

The kid is an amazing talent, but this is his fourth year and the honeymoon won't last much longer.

5. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i was wondering the same thing!! i saw the reaction from lopez and wondered what sheed said.