New Jersey at Detroit - 7:30PM Feb. 14, 2005

Discussion in 'February 2006 Games' started by roscoe36, Feb 2, 2006.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Detroit Pistons @ New Jersey Nets
    7:30PM

TV: FSN / NBALP / SCORE.CA
    Radio: WDFN

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Your Comments?
    ~~

2. vthomp

vthomp First Round Draft Pick

The Pistons have had a rough couple of weeks only because they lost to the Hawks. If you really look at it if they had won that game things would not be all that bad as of now. I had them potentially losing road games to the Pacers, Heat and Nets. The Atlanta and Miami games were bad loses because they had control of those games and lost the in the 4th qrt.

Tonight though our Pistons will get back on track with a victory. The Nets will come to play and will gives some problems from the start but look for Detroit to pull away and should win this by Double Digits. The Pistons will still remain on the perimeter for the most part and will go down low in must need baskets. My perdiction for this game 96-84 Detroit.

With a win tonight Detroit will go up 2 games on the Spurs and Mavs not bad after having two mediocre weeks. The Pistons will be fine and should come back from All-Star break in streaky mode.:laugh: GO PISTONS!!!!!!

3. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

payback time, let's not pull a utah

4. himat

himat Bench Warmer

chauncey has healed up his hand and hammy. he was not hurt in miami, but wade got in a zone and took over. pistons have had trouble bacause chauncey can't be as aggresive and the opponents pg takes advantage. pistons 99-82.

turnovers are the key. the pistons have lost 4 of their last 8 games, and in 3 of those 4 losses they have had a uncharacteristic double digit turovers stat. if the pistons take care of the ball like they do normally they should win.

5. roscoe36

6. roscoe36

Finally some Eastern Conference basketball from the Pistons.

Tough "D", some hard fouls and lots of contested shots.

Delfino was EXCELLENT tonight, proving that even in garbage time, you keep playing for pride.

Mo was a little spotty in limited minutes, and ended up being the odd man out when Rip was saddled with his 4th foul just a minute and a half into the 3rd Q. Those were Delfino's minutes and he made the most of them.

Strong game from Sheed, Ben and Dice. Both starting Wallaces finished with double doubles in points and rebounds as the Nets only got 10 points and 15 rebounds out of their 3 centers (Uncle Cliffy, Jason Collins and Marc Jackson).

All told the Pistons had 3 players with double doubles as CBill had 10 Assists to go with 19 points. Most of those points earned at the free throw line (9-10) and from beyond the arc (2-5).

This was classic smash mouth Pistons basketball circa 2002~2005. Even Tay got into the act scoring in the paint, drawing a charge (when was the last time we drew a charge?), rebounding and getting physical on defense.

And Lindsey Hunter made it back with a quintuple single in 9 4th quarter minutes. You gotta hate his offensive game, but boy did I enjoy seeing someone bring the ball over halfcourt with authority and purpose.

7. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Delfino = Beast

8. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

We are still in good shape heading to the break. I said after the New Jersey loss there that we could hold that team to 75 points if we needed to and we did tonight without playing playoff basketball. The bench is still so spotty. Delfino may be the biggest find (for defense) but keep in mind his jumper is sketchy and he is only 23 with limited experience. Arroyo was off today and Evan's shot and defense are not consistent. But, the bench is better than last year and so are the Pistons overall. Our guys are so cocky. And I think that they have reason to be.

9. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I was hoping BBall and Dave would come on and give Ben some props for dominating Krystic tonight... but then Hell started getting frigid.... did ya see him on the jump ball against the kid that's listed as taller than Darko in Eurobasket?.. complete domination tonight.

10. himat

himat Bench Warmer

tayshaun might of not shot the ball well, but he stopped vince and jefferson. even though we didn't shoot the ball well we made nj shoot jumpers that were contested.

11. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

I hope that was just rust on Lindsey's game, cause he looked awful.

Delfino's D on Carter, Delsanity. I always figured him to become a pretty good offensive player with ok D, looks like he's going to be a shutdown Defensive player with spotty O. I'll take it.

12. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

I think his offense will definately pick up. He's got a lot of moves. He just needs to put it all together. I've seen too many impressive things offensively to think his offense won't be at least very solid. As he gets older his jumper will be more consistant (the form is good as is), and he'll learn how to finish around the rim a bit better. Just remember that the guy he's always compared to (Manu) had a very streaky jumper when he came into the league at 25. Now he's a very good jumpshooter.

The important thing to have at his age is the physical ability to do some of those offensive things and the desire to play on the defensive end. Needless to say I'm more excited about Delfino than I have been about a young Piston in a long time. It's great to have a slasher again who likes to go strong to the rim.

13. himat

himat Bench Warmer

i think i'm finally confident in another bench player. dice i'll be confident with every game, and delfino has consistantly shown he can play. if lindsey 's ankle doesn't mess up his game i should stay confident with him as well.