NBA Stars at the TVSL and broadcast news

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Jul 5, 2006.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

A couple of NBA All-Stars will be participating in the 2006 Toshiba Vegas Summer League. Ron Artest of the Sacramento Kings and Amare Stoudemire of the Phoenix Suns.

Amare is looking to continue rehab by playing with the summer league Suns. Last season, Stoudemire had microfracture surgery on his left knee, and arthroscopic surgery on his right knee. The All-Star Power Forward looks for a healthy return to the Phoenix Suns lineup in November, and potentially a title run with the offensive powerhouse commanded by two-time league MVP, Steve Nash.

In 2005 Ron Artest returned from suspension and began his summer conditioning by participating with the Indiana Pacers Summer League Team. This season, Ron received permission from his current club, the Sacramento Kings, to participate in the TVSL.

Following in the tradition of Larry Bird, arguably one of the greatest players of all time, Artest and Stoudemire elect to make the most of the summer scrimmages to further improve their game.

Also at the 2006 TVSL will be several of this year’s draft class. 16 of the top 30 picks in the 2006 NBA Draft will be participating with their NBA teams.
    Five of the top 10 draft picks (#1 Bargnani-Raptors, #2 Aldridge-Blazers, #6 Brandon Roy-Blazers, #7 Randy Foye-Minnesota Timberwolves, #9 Patrick O’Bryant-Golden State Warriors) will be in uniform for their respective teams.
    And now, some information that we have all been waiting for…

MSG Network will be broadcasting all Knicks games. The Detroit Pistons play the Knicks Summer League squad on Tuesday July 11th @ 9:00 PM EDT.

NBATV will be broadcasting 22 of the 40 2006 Toshiba Las Vegas Summer League games. 16 NBA teams will participate in the tournament, playing a total of 5 games each.

The 2006 Toshiba Vegas Summer League has introduced Courtside Live featuring exclusive daily video coverage of the 2006 TVSL, including game highlights, interviews, and behind-the-scenes footage! You’ll probably want to sign up ASAP!

2. linwood

linwood All-Star

Can we trade Cato and Delk for Artest?

3. linwood

linwood All-Star

Seriously though, it should be interesting to see how Amare plays. He could really be the piece that pushes them over the top next year. Or, he could break his knee or ankle or whatever again.

4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

At this point with our limited defensive presence, I am willing to trade Cato, Delk,Davis. and Dyess for Artest if the Maloofs were silly enough to take them all and they were actually available to trade.:eyebrows:

5. linwood

linwood All-Star

I'd make that trade in a hartbeat!
    :nod:

6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Bump - added the full post to the first in this thread. Fans should sign up for Courtside Live soon.

7. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I don`t know where he would fit in but an interesting guy on our Summer League Roster is Nik-Caner Medley.

He is a 6-8 240 lb. forward who can play either forward position. He led Univ of Maryland in scoring each of the last two seasons I believe. He can shoot and he is a slasher. Extremely athletic and a good ball handler for his size.

I want to see what he does over the summer. This guy is NBA material and will get himself in the league. I didn`t know he was on the Pistons summer league roster.