1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

NBA small forward rankings

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dlev59, Sep 30, 2006.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

2. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

Tay plays a lot better D than all of those guys.

3. Hobbs

Hobbs First Round Draft Pick

A lot better than Kirilenko and Artest?

4. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

Sure, Tay plays more consistent defense than these two since he actually plays an entire season, i.e. he's not hurt and he's not sitting out suspended or waiting to be traded.

5. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Take a look at the honarable mention. You could almost make an all-defensive team of small forwards from that list; Tay, Gerald Wallace, Caron Butler, Bruce Bowen.............All of them play better defense than most of the top 10, except Ron Ron.

Remember, this is the "new NBA", defense isn`t as important as it once was.

6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I love Tay, but I would take all but maybe Harrington & Artest in a trade for him just because most of them are more aggressive and consistent than Mr. Prince. A couple like Pierce and melo are probably prone to TO's but that is because they 'touch' the rock more often

He has to show that he is there to play everygame and not take a week off or a even disappear for a half when they really need him. 14.1 ppg and 4.2 rpg is Ok, but if we get 18 and 7 from him this year, then I will move him up five spots my list.

More agressiveness will get him to the FT more often too where he was our 3rd best FT shooter among the regulars. The good thing is he has been a model citizen in the mode of Joe D and he has remained healthy despite his thin frame. Let's hope he puts on another 15 pounds over the summer.

7. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I think Tay s/b a SG... he could dominate on offense and do well on defense (baring Wade)... he's just not physical enough to establish post position on a regular basis at SF... also has trouble with stronger SF's.

8. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Ranked by total sprocket points for last season (regular + playoffs), I get the following ranking...

1. Shawn Marion (Fox 2)
    2. LeBron James (Fox 1)
    3. Boris Diaw
    4. Lamar Odom
    5. Paul Pierce (Fox 4)
    6. Richard Jefferson (Fox 5)
    7. Andrei Kirilenko (Fox 8)
    8. Carmelo Anthony (Fox 3)
    9. Tayshaun Prince (Fox other)
    10. Caron Butler (Fox other)
    11. Luol Deng
    12. Rashard Lewis (Fox 9)
    13. Josh Smith
    14. Josh Howard (Fox 10)
    15. Al Harrington (Fox 7)

Since Artest didn't play all that much, he doesn't show up. Odom is listed by my stats source as a three so he appears here rather than at the 4 spot.

Diaw seems a glaring omission unless they consider him as playing another position. Perhaps the same for Josh Smith.

I'd say the ranking is a bit biased by too much emphasis on scoring and probably on being on a winning team.

9. max

max All-Star

ESPN always goes by total stats win or lose it does not matter, only the bottom line.

If we are to be successful next season then not only Tay but Sheed as well have to stop dragging along at 14PPG and 5-8 boards/game. What kills it are all the single digit scoring nights they have.

When Billups or Rip are hot thats one thing but these guys dissapear for entire games.

10. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Excellent summations. He holds (as a consistent starter) a far too valuable slot that shows his inconsistency, his passivity and limited offensive moves...but, every team has a fair-haired boy.