NBA Playoffs....Are you fired up?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by BillLaimbeer, Apr 25, 2012.

?

Are you fired up for the NBA playoffs?

Poll closed May 5, 2012.
  1. YES, I WILL WATCH EVERY POSSIBLE GAME! I AM SO EXCITED, I WILL ANSWER IN ALL CAPS!!

17.6%
  2. I love the NBA playoffs. I will catch a few games here and there. I'll definitely watch the Finals.

29.4%
  3. I'm fired up to watch my 2nd favorite NBA team and root them on to a championship

23.5%
  4. I'll watch some action if I'm bored and the remote happens to stop at the right time and channel

23.5%
  5. The season ends for me on Thursday, April 26 when the Pistons season ends

5.9%
  1. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

SVG's t-shirt is a nice touch.
  2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Kobe was his scary self in that 4th quarter. He had that look. Glad the Nuggs got some clutch play from Miller to keep it out of reach.
  3. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

During one of the games last night (probably Orlando) they mentioned that five Orlando players had won the most improved player award (including Ryan Anderson this year). Seemed like a lot so I looked and the award has been given for the past 26 years, so five is 19% versus Orlando is 3% of the league. So Orlando is nearly six times more likely to have a player getting the award.

Chance? An incredibly devious drafting strategy? An organization dedicated to young player development? Note that no Piston has ever won.
  4. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Rodney Stuckey was focusing all of his efforts on winning the NBA's "Most Improved Player During the Month of March" award. Sadly, he was edged out by Gordon Haywood.

I'm sure he'll take another run at it in March 2013.
    alexa032 likes this.
  5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well I waited for one night to post, but my Clips were beat up physically with both Blake and CP3 nursing injuries. I will wait until noon Friday before I got StubHub and see if I can find some decent tickets price wise......I just don't want to go if one of them is too hurt to play, and they wind up losing. The Grizz may have the momentum here especially the Clips are hobbling. Of course they have heart and are never been blown out of any of there games since February.
  6. LA Dre

FT shooting played a part in both of the early games. A bad play by Rose's replacement C J Watson in the last 12 seconds cost the Bulls a chance to take the series back home for game 7. Dude passed the ball to a bad FT shooter with 5 seconds when he should dribbled over to the corner to get the clock down to 1 or 2 seconds. Looked like flagrant called should have been called, but the game was in Philly...... AI2, grabs the second missed FT by Asik and races down the court and gets fouled by Asik and he hits the winning FT's Talking about a game changer.. Bulls almost won the game w/0 Rose, Noah and an effective Boozer who wasn't even in the game the last 5 minutes.

Celtics - Hawks game comes down to the end where Al Horford misses one of two FT's when he had a chance to tie the game with less than 10 seconds.
  7. LA Dre

Somebody at the hotel in Denver spiked Kobe's food from the night before and he spent the morning chained to his toilet.:toilet:. There was no way Kobe was going sit the game as they even had the vomit bag under his seat. Looks like instead of his team mates stepping up, they let the Nuggets run all over them and the after opening the game on a 13-0 run, they opened the second half on 9-0 run and were up by 20 with about 10 mins left in the third and never looked back. There was scene where Bynum appeared to be disinterested in being there and was sitting down the bench pondering about what he was going to wear the next day and his team mates were in the huddle listening to the coach. Kobe scored 31 points on a sick stomach, but the supposedly healthy Pau Gasoft scored 3 pts and grabbed 3 boards. Bynum was 11 and 16 but nobody noticed it.

There was story going around that the Laker players were told packed enough underwear to travel from LA to Denver to Oklahoma City this weekend for an Saturday game with the Thunder ...........un-uh now they will be flying home for another date with the Nuggets at Staples Center and the return Metta Elbow Peace.....its anybody's game as the Lakers will be favored at home but the pressure will be on them....
  8. LA Dre

[​IMG]

Joe Johnson, T.I., Kenny, Josh Smith and Al Horford come up short
    after winning the first game vs the Celtics...
  9. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Charles G might kill someone the next time he plays against the Celtics if Ryan Hollins and KG are still on the team.
  10. LA Dre

[​IMG]

Last night I attended what will probably the last Clipper home game of the season...Not to use excuses, but they lost 90-88, playing most of the game 4 on 8. In the other words, they had a half-injured Cp3 and Blake-show trying their best to will their team to 4-2 series win over the more talented Grizzlies.

Unfortunately what was supposed to be a home game with everyone in their Lob City and other Clipper apparel ready to party that night turned out to be more about the refs trying to force a game seven more so than the Grizzlies, who had 22 TO's and missed serveral FT's down the stretch. I have never been to a game where the home team got so many bad calls. It reminded of some of our Piston games vs the Heat in the 2006 ECF

Mark Harris was the ref who must have been told by the NBA that we are short on revenues and need another game in Memphis market. Most of the bad calls were initiated by him including the tech for the hi-five by Blake and Reggie Evans. Stuff like deflates a team trying to make a comeback...of course once the Clippers got the lead and squandered it, and that was on them....but in the end the calls going the other way looms big in a 2 pt loss...
    roscoe36, linwood and BillLaimbeer like this.
  11. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

I must be the only person who doesn't think there is a big conspiracy.
  12. LA Dre

The NBA got what they wanted ....the lakers in the second round vs the Thunder....the up and comer vs the old guard. ratings will be up and Laker fans abroad can continue to cheer for Kobe and wonder what Metta and Bynum will do to screw up their chances of getting to the finals. You have to wonder if the NBA thought this out when they set him up for just a 7 game suspension. :conspiracyalert:

No ref controversies here....they called it fair....the Lakers just won out in the the end due to the bigs getting the boards and the put backs and Metta, Kobe and Blake hitting the crunch time threes. They must have piped Magic Johnson's comments into that huddle at the end of three. If you recall he said if the Lakers lost, heads would roll starting with Coach Brown, then bynum and then maybe Gasol. (no mention of Kuester though :) )

The perceived bias to me seemed to be Steve Kerr who obviously would rather sleep at the JW Marriott across the street from Staples than the some Hilton in Denver next weekend. Every time the Lakers were slumming, it appeared he wanted to get out there help coach them based on his comments. He was really take on the cause when Nuggets came back from the 16 pt 3rd qtr deficit to take the lead. Even the TNT studio guys Ernie and Kenny seem to want a Laker victory up front with Shaq on the fence and Charles pulling for the Nuggets all the way.
  13. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Frankly speaking, the Lakers were the better team and should've won this series much sooner, if only they'd played with better effort in games 5 and 6. MWP did make a difference though, he absolutely stifled Gallinari and kept Miller in check when he was on him. It helped a lot that Kobe didn't force the issue/Blake hit his open shots as well. Winning against OKC in OKC is a looong shot for them though, especially with as little rest as they'll get and the horridness of their play on the road.
  14. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

What a great trade the McGee deal was for Denver. They traded Nene who was never going to be more than what he is now for a guy ho has realistic room for growth with a little help. I believe the word I am looking for is upside.

That being said, I don't know why they didn't start him and bring Mozkov(?) off the bench.
    linwood likes this.
  15. linwood

linwood All-Star

Totally agree. The young Nuggets seem to have tons of potential and excellent depth. If they can keep that group together for a few years, they may be a real contender.
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

They were missing Wilson Chandler too, which hurt them.
  17. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

He is probably the most athletic centre in the league. Basketball skills can be taught - not many 7 footers have such a gifted physique. He is a project, but I get the feeling that he wants to be good.

And his momma is one scary ass woman!
  18. LA Dre

Well , what supposed to be the end of road for the Clippers today, turned into big party next weekend downtown at LA Live....(Staples Center and Nokia Auditorium etc). The Lakers will be playing at Staples Friday and Saturday, the Clippers Sat and Sunday and the LA Kings are there Thursday and Sunday. I am not sure I can afford to go to any of the games, but might go down there Saturday just to hang...at the outdoor party....

Anyway ESPN called it an upset win as did Jon Barry. The Clippers bench outscored the Grizzly bench 41-11 as the Clippers starters were resting on the bench in the 4th qtr waiting for game 8? Blake struggled with his lingering injury, but the CP3 played well enough to comeback in near the end of the 4th to assure that the bench did not blow it. Both the bench and starters scored 41 points a a piece as coach VDN rode his bench to a victory, even though most thought he would bring back his starters as most coaches other that coach Pop would have done.

Could be a Spur sweep? maybe, but the long suffering Clipper fans may get chance to cheer on their team almost until Memorial and that has only happen once before.
    roscoe36 likes this.
  19. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I really love the play of Kenneth Faried. Much more so than McGee, although Faried doesn't have the size. I salivate dreaming about having him start at the 3 for us instead of Prince.
    BallDon'tLie and linwood like this.
  20. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

It was a fun game to watch, the intense and defense were what playoff games all about. Clippers will be a contender in West with CB3 and the youngster they're having.