NBA Playoffs....Are you fired up?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by BillLaimbeer, Apr 25, 2012.

?

Are you fired up for the NBA playoffs?

Poll closed May 5, 2012.
  1. YES, I WILL WATCH EVERY POSSIBLE GAME! I AM SO EXCITED, I WILL ANSWER IN ALL CAPS!!

17.6%
  2. I love the NBA playoffs. I will catch a few games here and there. I'll definitely watch the Finals.

29.4%
  3. I'm fired up to watch my 2nd favorite NBA team and root them on to a championship

23.5%
  4. I'll watch some action if I'm bored and the remote happens to stop at the right time and channel

23.5%
  5. The season ends for me on Thursday, April 26 when the Pistons season ends

5.9%
  1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Clippers hold on to beat the Grizzlies in LA despite shooting 13-30 from the line.....FT shooting less than 50% will not get them pass the second round...let alone the first round.

CP3 was 7-8 from the line, but Blake was 3-9, Reggie Evans 2-8 and Bledsoe was 1-5. No body else went to the line. In comparison Rudy hit 12-15 from the line and made 2 threes in the last 13 seconds to bring his team within 1, but could not hit the game winning bucket.

Clipps survive, but w/o the 4th quarter heroics on CP3, they would not even be in the playoffs.

2. LA Dre

James Harden showed no ill effects from the elbow delivered by the Artist formerly known Artest. He threw in 29 points tonight to lead a 4th qtr comeback as the Thunder swept away the defending champs Mavs. The Mavs did not go down without a fight....The loss of Chandler and Barea from last years championship team was evident all season, and the unexpected no production of Lamar Kardashian was a season long game changer too.

3. LA Dre

[​IMG]
    LA DRE (Jr) at the game representing....

4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Harden was crazy good tonight. Unstoppable. Westbrook, Harden, and Fisher on the floor together for a long stretch in the 4th quarter and Harden just dominated everything.

5. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Looks like I was wrong about the Jazz being able to compete with San Antonio; the Spurs are playing at a high level right now. Same goes for the Thunder; Harden was amazing. Grizz being down 2-1 to the Clips is surprising, but CP has been really good.
    Got to hand it to the Jazz though, they put up a fight in game 3. Too bad the Spurs were able to counter brilliantly. Favors played fairly well for them though; Burks too. Harris was good in the first half, non-factor again in the second. Don't recall seeing Jefferson pass out of the double team once.
    Miami looking for the sweep as well. They'll get it. Haven't seen a team in these playoffs play with less will than the Knicks.

6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Knicks are a mess.

7. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Melo doesn't believe in ownership, the ability to take responsibility...and that's why his teams are messed up. When he falls short, he never accepts any criticism...instead blaming others, the coach, or the GM. He has never led a team by identifying himself as a leader...then acting like one. He actually is blocking the others from becoming a more cohesive unit....I'm glad we never drafted that turkey.

BallDon'tLie and brofmfa like this.
  8. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Now that Melo, JR Smith and KMart are no longer Nuggets, I'm finding it difficult to not root for Denver.
    Kenneth Faried is worth the price of admission alone. He plays as hard as anyone in the NBA.
    I'm hoping that Joe takes a long look at teams like Denver and Memphis if/when he ever decides to create a plan for the future for our Pistons.

brofmfa likes this.
  9. max

max All-Star

I know what you mean. I don't really mind that team now. Although they were pretty cool under Billups but Mello always kind of ruined it.

Now I have a hard time watching them while not being upset about the Afflallo trade.

10. LA Dre

11. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Based on his contributions this year, his share was 59 cents...............
    Owner has the right to question his commitment....
    Hopefully, he's ready next year.

12. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Well, the Spurs got the sweep, though not without some late game drama. I kinda feel like Ty Corbin made a mistake inserting Josh Howard into the SL when Carroll (sp?) in the SL was what got them in the playoffs in the first place. And Howard did jack when he was on the floor; Carroll was a big part of them coming back from down 21 today. Goes to show being a veteran doesn't always mean you're better (except when your backups are Austin Daye and Damien Wilkins that is. :cheeky-smiley-012:)
    Clips-Grizz looks like one for the ages; I wouldn't be surprised if the Clips go up 3-1 or if the Grizz tie the series. The longer that series goes, the better for the Spurs though.
    Oh, and I'm late to the party on this, but...

Gallo, please stop flopping.

13. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

The Jazz is awesome, they're going to make noise in 2 years.

14. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Agreed. They need better shooters though; having no real 3-point threat killed them all series long. Burks looks like he could be that shooter down the line; his jumper looks good already. Favors was good the last two games as well. That front line depth they have is going to be the envy of the league in a year or so (provided they keep them all, of course).

15. LA Dre

Clippers are living on borrowed time....finding ways to win in the end.....but then again so are the Lakers who after winning the first game by 15 points, have lost one by 15 and won their other two by just 4 pts......but in the end, both teams have three wins and are one W away from the next round, or one key injury away falling back to earth.

Blake was great tonight under the hoop without all of the lob city heroics, but fouled out in the first 90 seconds of OT and CP3, had to step and the Grizz allowed him to without making any adjustments or taking the ball out of the his hands. Funny things is the Clippers have a shot blocker on the team that starts, but has not mature enough to play in the last 8 mins of the 4th or OT. Yes his name is Deandre Jordan.

linwood likes this.
  16. LA Dre

The first team Gone Fishin'
    [​IMG]
    Defending champs Dirk and Cuban were out at the old fishing hole
    today and decided to invite former skipper along for the cruise...

linwood likes this.
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Mavs owner tanked this season for next season. Smooth move.

18. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Looking like LA's going back to Denver with the way they're playing. What a lousy effort, letting McGee walk all over them.

19. LA Dre

Yep McGee dominated both Bynum and Gasol >>out jumping them, out rebounding them and playing them. Then there was Andre Miller who was lobbing and weaving in between the Laker smalls and bigs. Kobe tried to be the MVP of the playoffs before we even hit June and by scoring 8 straight points on 2 threes and duece, but then missed his last two threes in the last 20 seconds. Steve Blake and Sessions also hit threes in the Laker comeback, but the team came up short and now as Alexa said, they are heading back to Denver much to the chagrin of all of the celebs that paid $10K for those court side seats.

20. LA Dre

[​IMG]

The second playoff team the go fishing....