NBA LEAGUE PASS QUESTION

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by kpaav, Oct 2, 2007.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

I thought in rained pretty good in TN on occasion.

TN - The Nobel Peace Prize state.

[​IMG]

Out Of Politics, Up In The Polls, CBS' Kathy Frankovic: Retired Politicians Fare Well With The Public, Unless They Run Again - CBS News
    :hoops:
  2. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I have LeaguePass from Comcast in Chicago. I noticed that NBATV wasn't coming in and called to see why. They are telling me that NBATV is no longer included with the LeaguePass subscription.

Anybody else getting the games and not NBATV?
  3. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

that's pretty odd
  4. dba

I looked at nba.com in more detail, and there is an asterisk in the description that says the inclusion of NBATV can vary by market.

I guess Comcast decided to drop it from the package. Pretty stinky since some games only show up there. Seems like if you're dropping $159 then getting the league's own network ought be be part of the package.
  5. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Maybe you need to get a certain "sports package" or something like that from the cable company to get NBA TV? I think that's what happens with my digital cable. There are a bunch of channels put together--NFL Network, NBA TV, Fox Soccer, etc.--that come as an optional package if you pay a few bucks a month for it.
  6. dba

I think that's right. I can get a sports package for yet more money and NBATV is included. That's a new thing for Comcast Chicago which always included it before in LeaguePass.

I'm must miffed, both about the change (making it cost extra without saying anything about it), and that the NBA's premier viewing package doesn't even necessarily include their own network. It just seems kind of tacky.
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

My Comcast DVR broke. So I can watch games, but can't record them. It is really frustrating going back to real time when I'm used to skipping every single break in the action.

I scheduled a Comcast technician a week in advance. They gave me the proverbial 4 hour window for this morning, then proceeded to show up 45 minutes after the window. They brought a new DVR up, hooked it up, and discovered it didn't work.

"Yeah, you're going to have to schedule another technician to bring another one, sorry."

Monopolies suck.
  8. dba

It's a hassle, but last year when my remote broke I drove out to the local Comcast place (in Ann Arbor). It took about twenty minutes of waiting in line while people paid bills and did other stuff, but once I got up and told them the remote broke, they just tossed it in a pile, handed me a new one, and I was out. It seemed to me that other people were swapping out broken boxes and DVRs too.

If you can go during the day, I bet you can swap out the broken one for a new one in no time at all. Just take your account info along with you.
  9. detteam

detteam All-Star

Just out of curiousity, what brand is the DVR?
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Motorola.

I remember popping in to the cable company in AA when I had problems too. Things like that can be a hassle in Chicago.

Getting your car out of the tow shop for example. There always seems to be a 45 minute line at those places.
  11. dba

And the shop is always at 118th and Halstead. But, which is worse, that or watching commercials?
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That's only a couple blocks away from me. Maybe I'll just walk over there tonight.
  13. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Attention..free preview this week on NBA League Pass for those who didn't purchase it.

Starts today and ends Sunday 1/27 This is on Direct TV, as I am not sure about Dish Network or the local cable outlets.