1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

NBA Finals: Spurs vs. Cavs

Discussion in '2007 Playoffs' started by Dumars4Ever, Jun 3, 2007.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I was listening on the radio and hoping, nay, praying that Donyell Marshall, Eric Snow, Boobie, Sideshow Boobie and that goofball Drew Gooden were not going to win and have a chance at a championship.

Btw, that sounded like the ugliest basketball game of all time.

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well the Cavs put up a big fight at home but Boobie came back down to earth and was a no show. The Cavs did their usual 3rd qtr disappearing act only scoring 12 points. Spurs were only a tad better scoring only 15 themselves but always hit a three ball to keep the cavs at bay.

The Cavs had a shot, but allowed the Spurs to close out the first half on a 10-0 run with La Bron and Duncan watching from the bench during the last five minutes of the second. Then with about 5 mins left in the game, the Cavs missed out on four conscecutive attempts down the floor to score after stopping the Spurs on the defensive end for times.

Genobli was 0-7 from the field but made the last three points, the difference in the game at the FT line.

The big difference in the game was at the three point line where the Cavs were 3-19 and the Spurs were 10-19.

Boobie was a bust shooting 1-10 and and 0-5 from beyond the arc. Why didn't he shoot that way 10 days ago?

Break out the brooms:sweeping:La Bron conceded the series during his post game comments by not aknowledging the supposed foul on the last play of the game.

3. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

I agree with that Kobe statement. Kobe is fun to watch. I like Kobe alot though so I'm partially biased.

4. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

It wasn't pretty, to put it mildly, but I've definitely seen uglier. As fondly as we remember our '04 ship-winning team, let's not forget some of those games like the 69-65 ECF clincher over Indy. For anyone who wasn't a fan of either team, that game must have been excruciatingly unwatchable.

5. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

No one convince me after this series, our defensive schemes on LBJ weren't the problem. The Spur's defense on him was flawless for the most part.

Although at the end it looked like Bowen was trying to foul him when he shot that 3. I guess the refs are so used to him clutching, grabbing, etc., they've become immune to it.

6. linwood

linwood All-Star

I loved that game. One of top 10 of all time!

7. LA Dre

Back in 88 there was that ugly 79-78 Celtic win over the Pistons on Memorial Day that up to that point was one of the ugliest games ever. I think if I remember, McHale ended it on a 3 pointer when the Pistons failed to foul him when everyone in the Silverdome knew he was going to shoot the 3. The Pistons won the next two games and the series (ECF) 4 games to 2, so all was not lost until they were robbed in game 6 of the finals at the fabulous forum on the phantom call by some celebrity awed ref after a magnificant 43 point game by Zeke.

8. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Stern's Cavs: the worst team to play in the finals. Here is the irony: the Cavs are purely a defensive team. They stopped up the Spurs just as they stopped us up.

So how did they get there? Le Bron can drive and the rules allow him to do just enough to put them over the top with their defense. So they beat us. When Le Bron is stopped, the Cavs are nothing. Just defense.

How Le Bron went off on us...I can't figure....He is not a very good shooter at all.

9. LA Dre

He was in a zone in game five as it relates to his jump shots and our guys just got out of the way of his drives getting caught up in the spectacle of it.

10. himat

himat Bench Warmer

The Pistons have lost all their "defensive principles" thats how.

11. hlbimage

hlbimage First Round Draft Pick

I've been saying that LeBron is not that good of a player and I was right from what I read today about his only second mistake that cost them a crucial game. Instead of shooting or dunking it he bring it outside to an incompetant player in what would have give the team a chance to win. Oh well. LeBron will go down in history as a "One Hit Wonder". I thought the Cavs would at least win one game. I'm eating my word and say that I am wrong. Looks like the Spurs is the NBA champions this year.

12. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Thinking more about it, that last attempted foul by Bowen that wasn't called probably could have been called continuation, which would given LeBron 3 FTs and a chance to tie the game. Of course, he probably would have missed one of them.

13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He shot the ball with almost 5 seconds on the clock. The Bowen thing was incidental contact and didn't affect the shot.

14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'll say one thing, LeBron gets more continuation calls than DWade.

15. pistonsloyalist

pistonsloyalist First Round Draft Pick

I think LeBron got into our players' heads in game five. They began to see him as unstoppable, and were afraid to foul him on any of his drives to the basket out of a fear that he would make the basket and make the ensuing free throw.

16. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

For all the people that love the low ratings :)

---------------

Long live LeBron!

17. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

"If anything, the NBA was due for some bad luck and worse timing. It coasted for so many years back in the 1980s and 90's with big market powerhouses and perfect soap opera storylines.
    If anything, David Stern's constant tinkering with the league's competitive rules – in part to end all the conspiracy theories about big market favors (which, ironically, continue anyway) – has worked too well".

Diminishing returns - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

18. max

max All-Star

Nice to hear about the low ratings. Even Jim Rome was pleading for the Spurs to finish this off so he would not have to watch a game 5.

Something is wrong with the what the league thinks is going to be popular. They were so certain that everyone would be tuning into see Lebran.

Final draw - fans want to see a competitive series.

19. barbara SanAntone

barbara SanAntone First Round Draft Pick

Well folks, hope we can finish this fiasco tonight. The AT&T center is open and sold out waiting for the sweep and start the championship celebration. I would have thought Cavs would have really pushed for a game 3 win, but they didn't even try. Now, all the hype is they are really going for 4 games starting tonight. Man, these guys are really in denial. They are in denial that they are a really bad team. It makes me so mad that they beat Pistons. The Pistons were so un-Piston like the last few games, it fooled the Cavs into thinking they were invincible. I think they got into the Pistons heads. They tried it on the Spurs, but Spurs didn't bite. These finals are about mental toughness, focus and desire to win. That comes with experience. That's what hurt about the Pistons. We should be playing them now.

20. LA Dre

Barb being a Piston loyalist I appreciate you coming in and providing your comments. The way the Spurs are playing, we may have taken it to 6 or 7 but you guys probably I hate to say would have won as we probably still would have had issues stopping both Duncan and Parkers penetration.

Hopefully TP gets the MVP tonight after the sweep is complete. I thnk he was the dominate player in this series having played great in games 1 & 2 and hitting the key three pointer in the crunch time on Tuesday. Plus when Duncan was in foul trouble sitting on the bench in that second qtr, it was Tony who led the 10-0 run to close out the qtr. If Duncan gets the MVP, then that would be the only fix I see...unless he scores 40 tonight:) Congrats in advance:winner_first_h4h: :cheers: