1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

NBA Finals: Spurs vs. Cavs

Discussion in '2007 Playoffs' started by Dumars4Ever, Jun 3, 2007.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I was great in the third, fifth and 11th grades. The rest, not so much. :ohwell:

2. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

That`s very good. It`s the odd # grades that are tough. They introduce new concepts and skills. The even # grades reinforce those skills and concepts.

At least that`s what some teacher friends tell me.

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

My mom says I am a good boy. :D

4. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

On the question of Tivo/DVR as they relate to TV ratings, one of my friends said he recently participated in a ratings survey for a week, and he was told to include stuff they were TiVo-ing to watch later. So it seems that factor does get taken into account.

5. linwood

linwood All-Star

I'm not saying the questions aren't hard. I'm saying if the kids (and the shark) are pulling in more viewers than LeBron, then those kids need to get better agents, because I haven't seen any interviews with any of them where they state "my goal is to become the first 5th grade zillionaire".

6. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

:pound::pound::pound:You're killin' me Linwood.

7. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Chat's open for Game 2.

8. hlbimage

hlbimage First Round Draft Pick

Just watched my local news sport section where they said it is half time now and the score is Spurs 58 - Cavs 33. Cavs are a bunch of losers. I guess this is the perfect situation where people really want to see the Piston plays because we all know they can always get out of that hole in the 3rd quarter.

9. himat

himat Bench Warmer

And the Pistons lost to those stupid losers.

I used to say "I'm sorry Flip you have done a great job here, but I want a new coach in here".

F that. Here is what I really think "You suck Flip. You couldn't win for 10 years in Minnesota. First I thought KG was the one not living up to the hype, but now I think you are the reason that he has never won a ring in his career. You have done nothing here in Detroit. Yeah everyone should of expected the Pistons to be a little bit worse in coaching after losing LB, but not this much of a drop off. You do the same thing with the bench, let them rot on the sideline. You make no adjustments and you are to scared to get in these players faces. Get out of here before you make this team have no defense. Just leave.":swear2::rant2:

10. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I totally agree himat, but Flip shouldn't get all the blame. I think it says a lot about the players on the team too.

They always have an excuse whether it's the coach, tired legs, the refs, the rules, you name it.
    It's embarrassing that Cleveland crushed us and in turn they are getting humiliated by the Spurs.

11. himat

himat Bench Warmer

In my eyes it's the coaches job to not allow that to happen. Get some damn discipline in their. I know a lot of the high school coaches for every sport in our high school. Only about 1 or 2 of those coaches would allow the team to say crap like that whether it be basketball, football, hockey, soccer, or freaking track.

12. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Don't know how the Spurs collapsed so badly for most of the 4th quarter. LeBron had a shot to get them within 6 with about 4 minutes left, but he missed, and they never got any closer than 8 after that. But I still don't think this one's going to last beyond Game 5 at the most.

13. max

max All-Star

Exactly. If he knew he would be playing them 40+ mins then he should have been having them doing wind sprints getting them in shape. Either that or play the stupid bench that you supposidly gave up reg seasons wins to develope.

Cavs are getting exposed.

If someone gets a hold of the ratings then please post them.

14. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

The thing about this game that really made my blood boil was the last few minutes when Lebron got the ball at the top of the key, he was doubled. If he got it back, they doubled him again to get it out of his hands.

A simple defensive strategy that our stupid coach couldn't figure out that not only cost us Game 5, but ultimately the series.

He's such a gimmick coach, it's ridiculous.

15. Maverick

Maverick First Round Draft Pick

go spurs.

16. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

To me, game 2 highlighted the Stern rules and how it is damaging the greatest game in the world.

First, there is a team, the Cavs, who are a product of the rules (Le Bron). Le Bron's game needs the penetration fouls to excel. So Stern got the team (the Cavs) in place of the Pistons and obviously, be careful what you wish for. Notice Le Bron is far from polished when he can't get to the hoop constantly and not a great shooter consistently.

Early, Le Bron does a 360 as Ginoble backs away (I seen Tay do this). Foul.

Z misses a bunny near the hoop. So he falls around Duncan. Foul. The replay showed that Duncan had BACKED AWAY.

But here's the kicker. Just when the Cavs are back in it, Parker walks in to the hoop for a key score. I mean he walks, step after step. The replay showed about 6-7 steps. Amazing what you can do when you don't have to dribble.

This is not to take the Pistons off the hook. No offense. No adjustment coaching. Poor additions the last 2 years by management.

But hey, Sheed was trying to tell us something and I actually applaud him for it. He used the work "cheating." It isn't cheating, it is written in the rules.

17. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Pop made some interesting comments on NBA tv about the rules. He questions how a guy can get a call driving into the lane with little or no chance to make a basket simply by throwing himself at the defender. That is the crux of the problem. The only thing you can do is try and take one of those phoney charges. Either way, it makes a mockery of the game.

Wade perfected the flying backward routine last year.

That play in game 5 late where Le Bron fell backward was a huge call. It only takes a few calls like those to put the entire defense on its toes.

Of course, our defensive plan allowed Le Bron to do the rest.

18. pistonsloyalist

pistonsloyalist First Round Draft Pick

LA, you make some excellent points. Your point about Bron's game not being polished yet is right on the mark, even if the NBC announcers are unwilling to say it.

Regarding Pop's remarks about the anomaly in today's rules, I think the analogue to this is the pass interference call in football. If the ball isn't catchable, the offensive team does not get the call even if there was impermissible contact.

19. detteam

detteam All-Star

I'm with ya. IMO the talent Pops has is no better than the Pistons, but he has their respect...something Flip has not earned from his players over the course of 2 seasons.

"Joe!...Cut the anchor loose!"

sigh

20. himat

himat Bench Warmer

What you have to ask yourself is will things change if Flip stays. The answer is clear. Things won't change. Flip has to many flaws in his coaching. When he fixes one thing then another one of those flaws will be seen.

Lets see how this Pistons team has done under Flip

Offense

LB: B+ I don't care if the Pistons scored in the 80's. They scored when it was needed.

Flip: B- He has us scoring more points, but their is nothing inside. Jumpers don't tend to go down in the playoffs buddy.

Defense:

LB: A The Pistons were the best defensive team in the league under LB

Flip: C- Huge drop off. No boards, easily penetrated, getting beat by one man teams. The list goes on.

Respect:

LB: A He had these guys listening to every word he says

Flip: D+ He had these guys on board early, but yet again his methods failed come playoff time.

Winning:

LB: A+: This Pistons team overachieved in 04 and almost won back to back in 05.

Flip: D: This Pistons team has underachieved for the last 2 seasons. Regular season means nothing Flip

Playing all Players: (This is the one thing I expected to improve)

LB: C-: He had a small rotation. At least it got the job done.

Flip D+: You didn't do it your first year and you lose, so you do the same thing again??

Overall:

LB=: B+, A, A, A+, C-

Overall: A-

Flip=: B-, C-, D+, D, D+

Overall: C-

He did worse in everything. EVERYTHING.