NBA Finals: Spurs vs. Cavs

Discussion in '2007 Playoffs' started by Dumars4Ever, Jun 3, 2007.

1. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Hey Barb...

GO SPURS!!!
  2. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

No, I think the league has to maintain some sense of integrity even at the expense of the almighty ratings. The league is bad but they arent the WWE, lmao.
  3. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

Cosigned @exp
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

BSA, I will be cheering for the Spurs, and even Tiny Tim too.

I hope you stay around and post now and then. You've got a lot of friends here.
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'll be rooting for the Spurs for the following reasons:

1) They play defense, which is unpopular and has been legislated against with the rules changes, and their win would be a poke in the leauge's eye.
    2) I don't care to see a manufactured MJ win the title. I don't want to be a witness I guess.
    3) It will help me in the bracket pool.
    4) The Spurs players are humble, low key, hard working, good guys.

Go Spurs!
  6. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Barb, there is absolutely no reason for you not to post. If you are concerned that there will be sour grapes and that people will feel you are gloating, I can assure you that isn't the case. We know you better than that and you know us better than that.

The Pistons absolutely do not belong in the finals or we would be there.

Go Spurs (except Bowen and Horry). :MusicBigGrin: Crush the Lebronites!
  7. hlbimage

hlbimage First Round Draft Pick

I totally agreed with everything you wrote. The whole purpose of the Cavs was "Beat Detroit" in the Piston's series. They don't know what awaits them from the West. So what the Cavs swept the Spurs in the regular season. That doesn't mean anything in the conference finals or the Finals.

This is the first time ever that I am rooting for the Spurs so that I can see the LeBron hype machine dies a quick and painful death pretty much like his career if he stays in Cleveland.
  8. linwood

linwood All-Star

Barb,

I remember reading a post about your situation a while back. My prayers and love go out to you and your family. I have truly enjoyed reading your posts over the last year of so, and I can't think of a nicer "enemy" :) out there! God Bless you.

I hope the Spurs just crush the Cavaliers, and I hope you are able to enjoy every minute of it.
  9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Gee all of sudden all of these Cavs haters in this forum. I think back a couple of years ago when everyone hated the Spurs. I know we all respect the Spurs, but IMO I think everyone has bitter pill in their mouths about how the Cavs beat us and and all of a sudden we want to see them get crushed!!!

I can understand hatin on the heat last year because of the arrogance of Riles, Shaq and Zo and the refs treatment of Wade but the Cavs??? Other than the antics of Sideshow Bob, and the sly grin of Boobie, they beat us.....I know on paper the Pistons were better, but give them credit for never allowing us to get a decent lead that we could extend and hold on to.

The Spurs will probably win, because of two things we didn't have: Tim Duncan to stop any King James penetration from layup/dunks and then the offensive penetration from Genobli and Parker, something we never have despite our successes. However I wouldn't mind seeing the Cavs win just to offset the so called the experts who say the east is the least.
  10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Dre, no one wants to see James get coronated as a champion. Between him and Wade, we will have to start stockpiling picks for 2018.
  11. LA Dre

Agree, but as you can see, Billups and Wade both got there won and failed to win again. Even if the Cavs win this year, by fluke, I doubt if they can even repeat or even get back to the finals with the emergence of the Bulls and Raptors and the possible rebuilding of the Pistons and Heat. If the Spurs don't win, we may be in the era of one and done for a few years with so many good teams in the west all with a shot.
  12. detteam

detteam All-Star

Hey Barb

You are one of the best! Not many people have the courage to step into a foreign territory without being hostile or defensive, much less have the ability to garner the respect and admiration of the foreigners. You are a great example for all of us on this forum to follow. You are part of the PF family.

I'm thinking about you...love, prayers, and hope. :)

and GO SPURS!!!
  13. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

14. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

15. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Cavs have really gotten it handed to them in the second half of this game. Doesn't look like this series is going past Game 5 at the latest.
  16. LA Dre

Spurs able to do what we failed to do get a double digit lead, not leave Boobie open and penetrate in the paint at will. Darn you Flip:messer:
  17. himat

himat Bench Warmer

It's the defense. Damn this team is nowhere near the defensive team it used to be. Sorry Flip, but leave man.
  18. LA Dre

Yeah how come Flip can't be a man and just step down?:MusicBigGrin:
  19. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Cavs somehow scrambled back and almost cut it to 5, but the Spurs will still put it away...thanks to the BIG LEAD they were able to amass before LeBron and company finally started hitting some shots.
  20. LA Dre

Obviously Gibson is the star of the team and should be taking the most shots 7-9 shooting to lead them with 16 pts, but no FT's. Didn't he hit 30 of 30 from the FT line against us???