NBA Finals: Spurs vs. Cavs

Discussion in '2007 Playoffs' started by Dumars4Ever, Jun 3, 2007.

1. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

It's easy to make those shots when no one's guarding you. We let the Cav's role players get into a groove. The Spurs won't make the same mistake.
  2. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Stern certainly hopes not. With King James front and center!

It would be disasterous for the ratings not to be higher than the last couple of years.
  3. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Spurs in 5 and I want it to be a stomping. David Stern's nightmare is that the Bruce Bowen tricks he overlooked in earlier series end up hurting LeBron James.
  4. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

It may not be that easy. I think the Cavs length and size upfront will create some matchup problems. Timmy will get banged around in the low-post.
  5. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

If Bowen can handle LeBron then Boobie won't be big in this series. If they have to collapse on LeBron ....the the Cavs might milk Boobie for some more points.
  6. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Having a baby in the house, I nearly sprayed my monitor reading that. :)
  7. detteam

detteam All-Star

:tape: :tape:

bills...you ARE 'The King' of innuendo! :rofl:
  8. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

For anyone watching the Finals, we'll be opening the chat for the games. I'll post a heads-up here once the chat opens just before the games.

I think I'll definitely be more relaxed during the games this year. I despised the Heat and couldn't believe the refs handed the series to them last year, but I'm not particularly against either of the teams in it now.
  9. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

I dont know but I do look for the league and Stern to put the fix in big time in this series. I see the Cavs splitting the 1st 2 games. Then I see the Spurs taking 2 out of 3 in Cleveland. The refs will be in full control in game 6 and hand it over to the Cavs to get everyone riled up in anticipation of the upset. Game 7 will be close up until the late 3rd and where the Spurs take the title for the 4th time in 9 years. If this comes to pass I may refuse to watch the NBA for the rest of my life. Stern has gotta get the ratings up, what a %%%%ing shame.
  10. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Stern isn't exactly one of my favorite people, but if he wanted to fix things that badly just for ratings purposes, I think his actions in the Phoenix-SA series would have been somewhat different.
  11. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

No not reallly everyone anticipated that the league would practice "a no-tolerance policy" in that circumstance. So for the NBA to backtrack on their policy would have been a big no no. Everyone knew the NBA was gonna stand by thier policy no mater what to protect their integrity as a league.
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'm expecting a sweep.
  13. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Even at the expense of sacrificing the almighty ratings?
  14. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

LeBron, Boobie and the refs cannot take down the Spurs. Spurs in 6, but look for a Cavs' victory in SA in one of the first two games.
  15. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

My present plan is to tape the Finals games and only watch any game(s) that the Cavs win. It will be a drag to do so, because I am so crazy about basketball. But I really can't bear watching the Dastardly Spurs win.

On an intellectual basis only, I do admire their team and their coach. There's alot to like about their game. But on an emotional level I can't stand them. Way more than I dislike the Heat. I watched every single Spurs playoff game closely. I would be very very very shocked if the Cavs can get 2 games out of them even with the "treatment" by the refs. But there are so many reasons for me to dislike the Spurs and I can't find it in my heart to be neutral with my feelings for them even when considering that they may be the last real team to ever win an NBA title with the way things are going in the NBA.

I mean it's too much for one season. I had to watch them be happy over beating the Nuggets. I like a lot of those Nugget players. Especially AI and Nene and Camby. It was sad. Then I had to watch them beat the Suns. I like all of those Suns players and their coach too. Especially Steve Nash and Amare and Marion. And Barbosa. Then I had to watch them take apart the Jazz. I like alot of those Jazz players, their coach and especially Deron Williams. Enough is enough. I just can't bear any more shots of The Big Fundamental, The Big Floparoo and The Big Dirty Player happily celebrating a win sitting on the bench in the fourth quarter. We all have our limits. No more Spurs Victory games for me this year.

My only consolation for us not making it out of the ECF is that I won't have to add beating the Pistons to the above list of agonizing experiences.

P.S. Okay I do kind of like Fabricio Oberto and Michael Finley. But that's it!

P.P.S. Also, I sure as hell wish we could trade Flip Sr. for Pop. In a heartbeat. To get equal value we'd have to add all our assistant coaches and Arnie too.
  16. max

max All-Star

Only thing that really bothers be about the Spurs is knowing Eva Logoria is a super spur fan. Someting about that side show irritated me when we played them. "did you see her, what was she wearing... ".

I went to every game that series.
  17. detteam

detteam All-Star

I don't blame you :D
  18. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Aurora,

I don't like the Spurs and I picked them to face us. But I don't feel that Le Bron and the Cavs really belong there---we will see.

A Spurs win at least is a minor blow to Stern. The Spurs are the last of a dying breed. Our Pistons were the other team left of that breed and we are now out of the finals for two years.

The NBA is heading to the permanent Le Bron, Wade and star show brought to you by Stern and his sponsors.
  19. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I actually think Stern loves his "rules" as much as the ratings.
  20. barbara SanAntone

barbara SanAntone First Round Draft Pick

Hello all you forum guys, just now able to bring myself up to post after the Piston loss, totally broke my heart. I know the love you all have for your Pistons, and I feel your pain, Pistons were the only team that could match the Spurs. I have been looking 2 years for rematch, and this was my last chance to see it.

As far as Cavs go, folks in SA never heard of LBJ, so he will have to go back home to get his love. He is playing his "my mom was a single mom" card right now, but we have a lot of Spurs who had the same hand dealt so it will be hard to explain to them how his mom got a "loan" to buy her high schooler an $80,000.00 Hummer that he wanted. What a sense of entitlement that kid has.

I know the Pistons will come thru in a few more years, and I know you guys will still be around to cheer them on.

I doubt I will be posting anymore, but I really love you guys, I feel like I know you. Yes, Aurora, you sound like a honey, Warthogs on the spot recaps give me a feeling for being there. Army Girl, I really appreciate what you all are doing for our country. Himat, I am still impressed by your b-ball knowledge, and know that at some time you are going to do something great in sports. I have love for HQ and have him on my favorite list. The Low has fantastic music that helped me thru a rough time, but since I got my new computer it didnt come with that sound thing and I havent had a chance to go to store, but when I do, he will be the first I listen to. I can go on an on, you are all good people, and a special thanks to you Roscoe for putting this together and keeping such great members.

Yeah, I hope to hell we beat Cavs, and I offer my wins to the Pistons, who should be here in the first place. So, lots of love from San Antonio,:grouphug: