NBA Finals: Spurs vs. Cavs

Discussion in '2007 Playoffs' started by Dumars4Ever, Jun 3, 2007.

1. max

max All-Star

Every cloud has a silver lining. If the Pistons would have made it we would be hearing about how they are ruining the game and how much better it would have been with a young superstar like Lebran.

This is going to be the lowest rated series ever and at least they can't tag it on us.
  2. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Chat's open, if anyone wants to shoot the breeze while The Witness goes down.
  3. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Congrats to the Spurs. Best team in the NBA by a large margin. Of all the teams in the league not named the Pistons, they are the only team I don't mind seeing win it all. Watching Miami win last year was brutal.
  4. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Did anyone else notice David Robinson moving to the front of the podium to try to get interviewed by Dan Patrick on national TV? LOL. Let it go, Admiral. Especially with that felonious pink shirt on.
  5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Once again the best team at the end of the season when it counted and a team that knew what the ultimate :cheerlie-GOAL: was.

The 2007 San Antonio Spurs.....The Dynasty in motion to the overmatched overhyped WTF we doing here Cavs??

Although the Suns could disagree that they were better if it had not been for Robert (7 ringer) Horry's antics.

Best team during the regular season Mavs peaked to soon...Well there is all ways next season...just ask last years best team Pistons...:yellowprison:

Give the Spurs the credit and MVP Tony Parker all the allocades...... for keeping Eva for more than 2 years......:)

Congratulations to you and your Spurs, Barb!!!we love ya girl
  6. LA Dre

Yeah you think he had scored the winning hoop...:)
  7. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

If someone had told me at the beginning, middle and end of the regular season that the Spurs would win the championship this year, I would not have thought if possible. It goes to show what a young fan (in NBA playoff experience fanwise) I really am. The Suns were so great to watch, Dallas very inspiring with all those win streaks, the Pistons had their moments post Chris Webber acquisition, Utah had a fantastic start and the Bulls were showing speed and savvy beyond their own experience level. All that fun and who ends up with the prize? The same old same old Spurs. Devastating loss IMO for the future of the NBA.

Next year, I've decided I'm just following the regular season. Nuts to the post-season and the championship. The last four teams were all predictable, dull and played ugly. Enough. Well except for Utah. Well even them except for Deron Williams. The rest...including the Pistons...dreadfully dull playoff series.

I guess I just don't like playoff basketball. Call me a regular season bandwagon azz cat from now on.

2008! Goal: 82 wins, Coach of the Year Flip Saunders:yellowprison:
  8. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Was Lebron around to congratulate the Spurs or did he storm off like he did with the Pistons last year?
  9. max

max All-Star

Good Question?

Great job by the Spurs. I felt like they did the job that the Pistons could not do.

4 titles in 9 years is a Dynasty. And they were always one of the last teams the league wanted to see in there. Something is basically wrong with that.

Parker was the MVP. Had some help being guarded by Boob Gibson. Makes me sick that Billups could not have taken advantage of that.
  10. hlbimage

hlbimage First Round Draft Pick

Am I the only that was glad that the Spurs celebrated the championship on the Cavs' court? Man that was sweet to see on the morning sport report. I guess there will be no game five now. Not even a single game win for the Cavs in the Finals. Poor baby.
  11. booggerg

booggerg First Round Draft Pick

12. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Well, i'm glad that thing is over. I wonder how the Piston players feel watching this at home ?

Watching a team that beat them get DOMINATED by a team that they nearly beat in the 05 finals . . .
  13. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

14. barbara SanAntone

barbara SanAntone First Round Draft Pick

Thanks guys for the support and fun it's been the last 2 years. I dont expect Spurs to win next year simply that it is rare for teams to win back to back 'ships and it seems true for us...03-05-07 then maybe 2009? I know spurs will be making changes, but who knows? One of the intangibles of having a winning team is that good players, vets, make the decisions to move and come with Spurs. When Dallas let Michael Finley go (ha, and they are still paying him) a lot of big teams wanted him but he very quietly met with Pop and joined the Spurs. These guys want to play with a team that is legitimate contender and pop lets them know they will have to learn to fit into his game. So the Spurs were soooooo happy to see Findly get his ring, Fabricio (who already had international recognition) waited 2 years working on his game and he gets his ring, then there is Jacques Vaughn, the Red Rocket, Francisco Elsin and really, all the guys.

I know the Pistons will most likely make some changes and I hope you get some really good deals, I think our ways of playing will be around a little bit longer, Sterns "experiment" of super star over dinosaurs didnt work out. Can you believe that guy? When presenting the trophy he went right into his spiel about how wonderful the Cavs were, what wonderful host, and King james, etc. then sort of just as an afterthought
    kinda passed the trophy over to spurs owner, not sure he even congratulated spurs.

So, I dont think its imagined that Sterns doesnt like Spur and Pistons. He did take care of what could have been a real problem ...Joey Crawford! Tim knew Joey had it in for him and couldnt understand why he hated him so, so it worked out good that Joey didnt ref.

Fans started honking and yelling last night at 10PM and lasted till 3AM all about 1 block from me. Best of all to you folks, and I will still be popping in checking on the news.
  15. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Congrats BSA. I'm very happy for you. And I have started to like Timmy now that I have discovered that we have some things in common.

Apparently Tim is a big Dungeons and Dragons fan, and he wanted his nickname to be "Merlin" when he came into the league. I was an old school pen and paper gamer. Nerds stick together.
  16. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I didn't know Tim Duncan was a cross dresser! :gossip:
  17. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Pistons looke plain scared. That's why Joe was mentioning being so upset during one of the interviews.
  18. LA Dre

Barbara, with the coaching and those three core players of Duncan, Parker and Manu, your team is always a threat to be there when the trophy is hoisted. So any team in the west> Suns, Mavs, Rockets, Nuggs, or Jazz have to know that WC Championship still has to go through San Antonio as long as those three are healthy the next 2-3 years.

We look forward to sparring with you next year if not on the court at least here in print:) Congrats again!
  19. hlbimage

hlbimage First Round Draft Pick

some French guy(Tony Parker) is the MVP of the Finals? What's next? LeBron James is the most improved player for next season?
  20. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Lowest rated finals EVER.

:cheerleader: