NBA Finals: Spurs vs. Cavs

Discussion in '2007 Playoffs' started by Dumars4Ever, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Let's keep the Finals talk in this thread.
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I like the Spurs, but with all the talk all season about western conference dominance, I would like to see the Cavs take it to them and I will root for the James Gang. If the Spurs sweep the Cavs, then it would proved that we were just overated to start with.

Besides, who wants to hear them say the Spurs have won their 4th championship in 9 years....??
  3. 1989

1989 First Round Draft Pick

That's what I was saying in the other thread, Dre. I've always liked the Spurs, but at this point I'm just fed up with them and want them to go away. I'd like to see the Cavs win it.
  4. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

See the thing with me, is that Pop and the Spurs play the way we played in '04.

I'm sure everyone here has thought at least once during the last two years that if this team was playing like they did in '04, they wouldn't have lost to Miami or Cleveland.

I'm living vicariously through the Spurs right now. They are my '04 Pistons.

I hope they slaughter the Cavs.
  5. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

Spurs in five. Bruce Bowen is going to get into LeBron's head. Boobie will actually encounter perimeter defense. Tony's too quick for anyone Cleveland has, and the frizzy-haired Brasilian is going to be guarding Tim Duncan.
  6. Pckast

Pckast First Round Draft Pick

I'am routing for the Spurs on this one, and not just because they have a Dutch player on the roster.

Cloudwalker is right about the Spurs, they play in a way we all hoped the Pistons would play this postseason; like the championshipPistons.
  7. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Sweep the Cavs. I can't stand LeHype anymore.
  8. Maverick

Maverick First Round Draft Pick

I hope for a sweep.. but am expecting the spurs to go up3-0 and the cavs take game 4 to lose in 5
  9. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Three-stripes v.s. Swosh. My perspective.
  10. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I'm thinking Spurs in 5. One game where Lebron gets a Wade treatment, and they win.

If the Cavs get embarrassed, we look bad, but i don't really care. I think if anything it shows that we have problems w/ eachother and that's why we suck as a team not the Cavs being this "great" team. Yea, I'm bitter.

It's funny how yet again the 2 best defensive teams in the NBA are in the finals. For the life of me i will never understand what anybody was thinking when they thought it was a good to change the philosophy of the team that had been to 2 straight NBA finals and regress. There is no new NBA. Joe D was fooled.
  11. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Spurs please. Normally I like to see the team who beat us win, because it means we lost to the champ, but I loathe LeBron James so much, and I already respect the Spurs fans for all of the King James crap they will be subjected to for the next couple weeks.
  12. detteam

detteam All-Star

Put these two posts together and that represents my feelings.

I'd rather deal with the 4 championships in 9 years by a great team that I respect, than have to hear even more about Lebron than I already do.

GO SPURS!!!
  13. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Did I mention the Spurs is my 2nd fav team of the NBA.

Too many 'individual' thing in the Cavs team. Always prefer a 'TEAM' winning it all. We did it in '04.

GO SPURS!
  14. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Spurs will be the last championship team after Duncan gets out of his prime. It will be great for flaky fans, but true fans will be pissed.
  15. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Gotta root for the Spurs. Only because all the headlines I saw mentioned the King. We got beat by poor shooting, and some kid named Boobie........I guess you can't list boobie as your headline.
  16. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Well, detnews seemed to do a pretty good job, declaring that the Pistons fell into a "Boobie trap". :)
  17. linwood

linwood All-Star

I couldn't agree more. I would love to see the Spurs win this one convincingly in a low scoring series. Show the League that No Free Chili is still the rule.
  18. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Spurs will win 4-1.

The Cav`s will be in awe just being in the Finals until they are down 2-0 or 3-0. Then they will find out the Spurs aren`t the Pistons........
  19. max

max All-Star

Thing that pisses me off in these situations is that the Gibsons and Drew Goodens who beat you usually fold in the next series leaving me wondering "Why couldn't you play like that in our series".

Just watch. "Boobie" is not going to make the big outside shots, Gooden is not going to get his baseline jumper to fall and the Cavs will come back down to reality.

The Cavs beat us fair and square but I just don't see their role players carrying it over into the next series.

Spurs in 5. And the ratings will suck.
  20. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

I do not like the Spurs but I will root for them. They represent the old style ball that is rapidly going away. After the Spurs, I expect only teams with Le Brons and Wades to make the finals.

I think you will see that the Cavs are not really ready nor that good. Spurs weakness is the drive and that is the Cavs only hope. Spurs in 6 only because of the 2-3-2 format. Otherwise, in five.

Lets see if the Cav defense can stop the Spurs...