NBA Finals: Lakers vs. Celtics

Discussion in '2008 Playoffs' started by Dumars4Ever, May 30, 2008.

1. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I would be too if i was a LAL fan LOL

Definitely at least an interview, but i'm not disappointed with Curry. Now if only we could pry him away from BOS somehow and make him head assistant . . .
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Now that is an interesting thought, but but he will not leave for another assistant's job. He and Doc might be the best combo coach in the league ...holding the Lakers to 36 points in the second after giving up 35 in the first qtr was a remarkable within itself. I like Doc's pre game, in game and post game comments "we are the better team, so just play like it"

The Bulls should have held out too instead of going with Del negro. The Mavs still have an opening right??? He may wind up there if Cuban offers him the world and the C's let him interview/go.
  3. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

They definately compliment each other. What Doc lacks in know how/adjustments Thibbodeou brings, and Doc's got the motivational thing down to a T. His contract situation was only for a year IIRC, but it's just wishful thinking.

Mav's hired Rick Carlisle.
  4. LA Dre

Oh yeah, I forgot about that hire..:frusty:

hey you and I should have gone in the chat room earlier..:), Kim was in there looking for conversation.
  5. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Phil's magic ran out. No he couldn't make players with half-skill sets like Turiat, Shasha, Farmar, Odom, etc. into champions. The fact that they are there shows how far Jackson is above his coaching peers and how far our staff (plural) was from mixing a championship blend.

You can't give a team Garnett, Posey, and Allen, let them keep Pierce and not expect big trouble. The league went down to them--not surprisingly.

The bar has been raised at least for another year until the big three show age. Joe has to get to work...

We may have been the second best team in the league but we will not go forward without a change in the starting unit.
  6. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Yeah, well, maybe not.
  7. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Yea, i saw that. I went into the chat once too and was the only one there LOL. Definitely next game, although i don't know when that is.
  8. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Pistons could have been in the Finals if not for laying an egg in Game 3 and choking away Game 6. What a shame. :frusty:

This is atleast 1 Championship they could and should have one.
  9. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

I'm kind of expecting Boston to be the next fat-cat Detroit Pistons. We'll beat them in the ECF in six.:whip: Whipping smiley unrelated.
  10. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Alas, and it only took the Celts one quarter to make it all worthless. I was with you though, sitting there at the end of the first half thinking that there was no way Boston can win if they allow the Lakers to score 58 points in a half. We were right too, just didn't anticipate them only scoring 33 in the second half. No doubt the Celts can play some D, but they can score too, putting up 57 of their own in the second half.

KG is being KG. Allen played all 48, shot over 50%, had nine boards, some assists and steals, and only one turnover. But, like against the Pistons, it was Pierce making the difference. Who could imagine that one day an NBA coach would look at his bench and say, "hey boys, we need to slow Kobe down this half. Pierce, you get on him and take him out of the game". It's his transformation that is making the Celtics what they are. Sure, some of KG must have rubbed off on him, but he still had to do it, all while playing on a bad wheel.

Last night was the Lakers chance to make it a series and Pierce said no. He's the guy who must be thinking, sure, bring these guys in, but this is still my team and I'm going to be the one leading it. I for one didn't think he had it in him. I stand corrected. MVP when it matters.
  11. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

12. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

Looks like Phil Jackson is another has-been coach who can go sit down next to Pop. Like the way he got a 24 point lead and then promptly blew it. I wonder if his players pulled the "Mutiny" ploy like Sheed and Billups did in game 6..........Our starters need to goooooooooo...:gun1:
  13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Notice how in crunch time, KG went right into the paint and attacked Gasol. Sheed should just watch a tape of the last 2 minutes of that game over and over. Shooting is cool too, but there are times when you need your big man to play like one.
  14. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

I remember laughing my butt of when we had the 4 all stars a few years back and it was pierce that was paired with them on the court and he made mention of it to the effect that he was a piston for the day? or something like that... and saying you don't know the concept of det defense....

I take it back... with some real talent around him... he's a real good talent.... (wow i hated typing that)
  15. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It is tough. I'd written him off as a typical cash the checks and try not to worry too much kind of player.

But to be fair, it might have been tough to get highly motivated with Fatoine as your running buddy.
  16. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

How good could the C's be if they had a stud like Hayes off the bench instead of Posey?
  17. LA Dre

And they got Posey for pratically nothing...

He's a man with ring that still hungry for another...he may be a Robert Horry type?? Somebody check to see if sign a one year deal...maybe we can sign him this summer to replace that arvis bum..plus he can play D!!
  18. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

And he's a better 3 point shooter than Hayes which is supposed to be his specialty. I'm getting sick watching the Finals. Why can't DET get there?
  19. LA Dre

Game six comments

Did anybody catch Kobe' post game comments...we pissed in the bed and the spot was so big, we could not even cover it with a big towel

Trevor Ariza playing like a young allstar ..(just like Lee said he could )in the first half, but literally being nailed to the bench in the second half.

Lamar Odom starting off the game 7 for 7 and then sitting on the bench for too long and not getting back in rhythm

Ray Allen waiving off the screen in the end of the game and them blowing by both Sasha and Gasoft for the game clinching layup...and playing all 48 mins..

Did anyone see Sasha V...swinging and cursing at someone at the end of the game while he was sitting on the bench?? Obviously his emotions have got the best of him

Laker radio guys are now saying that the conspiracy is in...this is Kobe's year...he wins the MVP, the gold medal and he leads the Lakers back with 3 wins to make the unbelievable come history making comeback...:confused:
  20. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Guys,

JUST

STOP

IT

Do not make me interested in this series or there will be hell to pay. :gun1:

(just kidding, the Loch Ness Monster couldn't make this series interesting for me)