NBA Finals: Lakers vs. Celtics

Discussion in '2008 Playoffs' started by Dumars4Ever, May 30, 2008.

1. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Dre, I agree with you. Yes, everyone is happy again here. I really would love to see the Celts melt down but if you look at it, the Lakers players are now playing at maybe their true level. Odom has slid back, they are weak at guard, very weak at small forward and no Bynum on the front line. Personnel-wise, no it doesn't look like Kubchek did that great of a job.

Phil Jackson made an adjustment that stopped the Boston offense. If only our staff could have made such adjustments.

2. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

2008 finals ratings (and for comparative purposes the 2004 series)

1st game 8.7 - Lakers/Pistons 9.8
    2nd game 8.5 - L/P 10.7
    3rd game 9.2 - L/P 10.5

Ironically, the ratings went up after the whole "game was fixed for the Celtics, 38-10 thing" dominating the media coverage the days before.

3. max

max All-Star

Maybe they should have picked up Theo Ratliff and Won Dixon. Then pulled in a 38yr old guard who sat on the bench all year and promoted him to 3rd guard during the 2nd round.

No, I am not bitter. May actually watch one of these games before its over.

4. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

One coach I often hear criticized in the media is a coach I really admire. Doc Rivers. I love how he talks to his team. He is the antiFlip. You could just tell that nobody ever listened to Flip. I only had to endure him a few seconds a game and I was already pulling my hair out, thinking, would you please shut up. I can't imagine having to endure his pep talks for 40 minutes each game. No wonder our Pistons lost. Doc is cool. He may not be a deep person but he is a practical one. He says what needs to be said and he says it with authority and passion. I may be in the minority on this one but I'm a Doc guy.

My favorite coach is Byron Scott. Just by looking at him you can see the intensity and confidence oozing from him. Flip always looked like a scared rabbit to me, even when he was winning. I hope Curry is a winner. At least Dumars gave him a short contract. That's good. Since you never have a coach, coach his last year of his contract and be a lame duck coach, really, Curry's contract is only for two years instead of three if you think about it.

5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

ROTFLMAO.

6. Buckeyes#1

One thing I will never figure out. Why is it that when I try to be funny, I am the only one laughing; and when I am serious, I find someone rolling on the floor, laughing their tushies off?

I understand the first part. I'm not funny. It's the second part that worries me.:MusicBigGrin:

I hope the moral of this little story is that my opinions cannot be taken seriously. Ouch!

7. Buckeyes#1

So who is going to lose tonight? I think Stern and the Celtics will.

8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Wow. That boring blowout of a series with the unexciting Pistons got better ratings that the NBA's dream Finals? That's hard to believe.

9. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

The uber-intense LA v BOS rivalry is killing off viewers.

10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

"Making love for... making love for 2... making love for 2 minutes. When you're with me, you only need 2 minutes, cause I'm so intense." Jemaine- Flight of the Conchords.

11. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

ROTFLMAO!!!!

12. Buckeyes#1

Kind of reminds of one of my favorite Get Smart shows where Max tells a really corny joke and the 10 agents in the room with him don't even crack a smile; and it shows Max trying go from splitting a gut at his corny joke to no laughter. Trying to do it and save face at the same time. Then a few minutes later someone enters the room and says the exact same joke and all 10 guys are rolling on the floor with laughter. Then the camera zooms in on Max's face and his reaction is priceless. Been there. Done that! I love that show!

13. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Anybody watching this game will know exactly what i'm talking about.

Trevor Ariza = Amir Johnson aka F you Flip Saunders.

Trevor i've been injured since mid-way through the season, haven't played in any other round, but my coach understands the match-up advantage i have Ariza.

It took Phil Jackson ONE GAME to address/fix the rebounding deficit.

It took Phil Jackson ONE GAME to figure out how to stop BOS offense and make neccessary adjustments.

It took Phil Jackson ZERO GAMES to realize he needs to stick to his all season rotation/use the bench.

The Lakers' bench looks like ours use to, creating havoc, oppurtunistic offense, the occassional WTF foul. Within 5 seconds Flip would have had a palpitation and put in Juan Dixon or Jarvis Hayes.

BOS is now back to it's retarded WTH do we do on the road or against defense look they had it the ATL/CLE series. Only the Pistons can make them look like world beaters on the road. I knew there was a reason i was trying to avoid watching this series.

And at the risk of editing to death;

I'd just like to add that i love that they started addressing KG's NFL screens in a game. Now if only they did it in the Pistons' series . . .

:swear2:

14. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This is one reason Lp why Phil has nine rings and Flips has four chokes...yeah Phil has had a few HOF's in his back pocket, but still he knows who and when to play the scrubs... With as much raw talent as Stuckey, Amir, max and AA appear to have on the surface you think they could beat Sasha, turiaf, Walton and Ariza on a 4 on 4 matchup, but I don't know about that based how much PT and experience these laker scrubs have over our guys.

Meanwhile, Celtics have not shown up to this game yet falling behind by as many as 24 in the first half....but there is plenty of time and now it is down to 12...

15. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Jackson puts in Farmar with 5.2 and he hits a three. :pound:I feel like the basketball Gods are trying to add to the misery LOL.

It's so funny how ordinary Pierce looks is when you just STAY IN FRONT OF HIM!

16. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

^

Looks like PP heard what i said.

This is like the who can choke more series.

17. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

:pound: Ha Ha Kobe!!! :P

18. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

The talent disparity is just too big esp w/o Bynum, and esp defensively in favor of BOS. I had BOS winning game 5 so i guess it's irrelevant anyway. LAL can't come back.

Tom Thibodeou made some great defensive adjustments. But all in all BOS just has better players even with KG's choking. Most of the Laker's players are pretty one dimensional which normally wouldn't be awful, but their leaning towards the wrong side.

And will teams ever learn to not leave James Posey open? This is like the 3rd game he's won for them. It's like watching a horror movie in slow motion.

LA Dre will be happy :pound:

19. LA Dre

Remarkable comeback by the best team in the NBA...( we couldn't get by them).

At the end of the first quarter I was looking other channels to turn to as the C's were down what seem like an insurmountable 35-14 or something and then 24 pts midway thru the 2nd, then 18 at the half.

It took them until 5 mins left in the game to finally take the lead afer being down 2 at the end of three.

Laker faithful who were partying at halftime, go home stunned with the most disappointed fans being Magic Johnson, Will Smith and David Stern..:sssh:

20. LA Dre

Yeah but I have to be cool, cause my wife is in the other room sobbing:Cry:

Like you and me said the other day, we should have waited to see if Thibideau would be available for our HC job..