NBA Draft ~ June 28th, 7pm ESPN

Discussion in 'Pistons Archive' started by Superstarov, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

he's a decently-skilled 7-footer with decent range. someone will take him. i can see why dee brown would drop to 50 though since he's small and can't shoot except twice a year against MSU ;D
  2. himat

himat Bench Warmer

If either one of these guys can fall in our lap that would be great though:nod::fingerscr
  3. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Starter Forum Donor

It's hard to believe a pick at No. 60 will possibly make our roster. All the gabbing we'll be doing tonight on chat will be about other teams unless Detroit trades up. :ohwell:
  4. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Who knows? Michael Redd was picked very very late. Who knows maybe we get that Ukranian center we've supposedly been trying to hide.:noidea:
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Draft Chat opens at 6:00 PM.

In the event chat doesn't automatically open, please PM an online staff member asking them to open the room. They should all know how.
  6. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Maybe we can trade up for Davis. I'm a homer, but I think he'd actually fit in. The other guys on MSU always seemed to play well when he showed up.

Anyhow, a 60th pick to me, is like NO pick. I mean, you could sign #60 anyhow since nobody else did. I guess it assures you that somebody else can't "require" him to visit with them first, but I suppoose that is rarely a problem.

Maybe I'm cynical, well...ok, I know I am, but who cares about who we get, anyhow? It sure was great having J-Max, Acker, and Johnson on the team..err, bench...err...NBDL.

I suppose our attention should be directed instead to guys who are already on rosters and can REALLY help us. Like Davis...err, Mole Evans...:frusty:
  7. linwood

linwood All-Star

I guess this counts as a fact finding mission. Know thine enemy.
  8. detteam

detteam All-Star

He's got a nice shooting touch, good rebounder, good work ethic, and can play D. Yeah...no way he falls to 60 :(

I think he'd be worth trading up for...but I'm a homer!...and don't anyone consider bringing up Mateen Cleaves!:nono:
  9. V!et

V!et First Round Draft Pick

Is Dee Brown really a possibility for us? I always thought he was a great player and that he'd go somewhere in the first round
  10. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

I don't think he'll drop all the way to #60, but in the mock drafts he is not higher than #33 and draftexpress.com has him at #52. So I guess it's possible. I looked in the draft workout histories and he did not workout for the Pistons when they invited guards. Significant? :noidea:

The negatives on Dee: too small to be a shooting guard and that his best year was when Deron Williams was playing the point at Illinois. The positives: he is very fast and explosive, a turnover-forcing machine, and the reason his shooting may have been down last year was because he changed positions from 2 to 1 after Deron Williams left.

His draft stock was higher last year for these reasons, but he withdrew from the draft after breaking his foot in NBA draft camp.

I went to college at Illinois so I'm not too objective about Dee Brown! :) I just want him to get his shot at the NBA somewhere.:fingerscr
  11. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

If Dee Brown doesn`t go in the early 1st round he will make somebody pay, dearly.

He reminds me of a Speedy Claxton type, only more explosive offensively. Very quick feet on defense. Will have to learn NBA defense, however, on a team with good help defense he could be avery good perimiter defender against guards, his size anyway.

I think he could play point and the 2 at times, if the right team takes him he could be ROY.
  12. himat

himat Bench Warmer

New Jersey just picked Marcus Williams. You've got him backing up Kidd, VC, and RJ:eyebrows:.
  13. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Boston traded for Telfair, and now they have 3 young Pg's. Come on Delonte West get shipped to Detroit:fingerscr.
  14. himat

himat Bench Warmer

NJ made some good picks. They have 3 great perimetr players, and now they added a young PG in Williams and a big man in Josh Boone:faint:.
  15. himat

himat Bench Warmer

He hasn't been picked yet and its the 24th pick. God I wish Pistons had that first round pick right now:ohwell:.
  16. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Orland o looks very nice on paper right now. Redick as a kick out guy for Dwight and Drako. If Darko improves and Jammer does as well they could be good. I hope it all blows up though and they cough up a very high pick to the Pistons though:heh:.
  17. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Ooooh! Kobe and Jordan Farmar in the Lakers backcourt:eyebrows:.
  18. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Hell we coulda given Phoenix cash for a 1st round pick... WTF, I believe the NBA limit is 3 Mil. cash.
  19. himat

himat Bench Warmer

:mad: Shoot Mavs got Maurice Ager:ohwell:.
  20. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Portland has made a lot of moves. I think they've drafted 5 players, and most of them are very good.