Nazr's Debut

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by final.wrath, Oct 11, 2006.

1. easybuckets

easybuckets First Round Draft Pick

I think Nazr is doing pretty well. I wonder if it is true that Tay talked to him before Ben Left? I guess under the circumstances the Pistons were not too surprised at Ben's departure. Any way KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK NAZEE. And Joe, what do you have up your sleeve??

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I doubt Tay talked to him too much if the Pistions tendered an offer to Pryzbilla.

Seriously, that will go down in my mind as one of Joe's worst moments. He talks a good game about having plans and preparing, but when Ben left, the Pistons scrambled like mad to find a replacement big man.

You'll see a lot of reverse spin, particularly in this internet age, where it is hard to bury the facts of the moment. All that is left is manipulation of memory and perception. Somewhere, the truth remains cached, only a decent Google search away...

3. Prophecy Revealed

Prophecy Revealed First Round Draft Pick

I told everybody about what Nazr was going to bring to the table. Now do me a favor check the regular season stats... Realize how a certain team can turn a so called nobody into 14, 8, 1... And finally...... [sign]Welcome To Detroit City[/sign] I been away for a minute but now I'm back

4. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I'm very happy with what Nazr is doing so far. The Pistons have not been outrebounded in their first 3 games and Nazr has been a big part of that.

5. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I also think that in an addition by subtraction sort of way, Big Ben has been a big part of that as well.

Everyone else is trying to pickup some of the slack. I think it was kind of taken for granted when he was here, that he would take care of the boards. Now, players are more conscious of that need and are pulling more of the weight.

6. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I totally agree. This team will be a better rebounding team than last season's team. Last season's team could of been a great rebounding team, but like you said no one but Ben jumped up for those boards.

7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Rebounding hasn't been an issue yet, but Monday they go up against Boozer who is averaging 15 boards a game and Memo who is around 11. Lets hope they can keep these guys numbers below their averages and take that first one on the wild-west :makmiday: west coast road trip.

8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

If Nazr can be consistent with what he brings, it's going to be an EXCELLENT pickup, so far he looks real good.
    Imagine if Nazr can maintain this level of production, than losing Ben will actually, dare I say, just maybe, just possibly, make us a better and deeper team.
    20-25 mpg for Nazr, Nazr's cool with that; Ben 20-25mpg Ben ain't buyin' it.
    Dyess playing really well, let's let him finish the game, Nazr's cool with that; Ben ain't buyin' it.
    Nazr actually gives us more flexibilty with the lineup during a time where we pretty much agree that Max needs some run.

9. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Last season we had Rasheed not playing to the level he could, Ben Wallace, and Dice.

So far this season we have a Rasheed getting double doubles, Nazr giving the Pistons 7-8 boards and double digit points, Dice scoring and rebounding, and Maxiell who causes fouls and gets many offensive boards. Seems to me our frontcourt is better so far. Now if Maxiell was played last season, and Sheed played the best he could last season's frontcourt would of been better. That's not the case though.

10. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I think Nazr s going to get better. He's still learning the game. He has an important role here so I am thinking its going to build on each other.

11. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

Yeah...this is a good feeling. I'm not so sure last year's J-Max would of been the J-Max we're seein now. J-Max worked hard this summer, slimmed down, toned up, worked on his FTs, and better understands how an NBA season works. Plus he knows his role. I can't wait to see this cat bout mid-season. :whoo:

12. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I agree with Hatter.
    But our depth is only as good as the substitution patterns.

13. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

not to forget that the practically same Utah team beat us in both meetings last season and ended the hot streak at the beginning. Imho, this is going to be the first real test in this season!

14. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Nazz's biggest job might be chilling Sheed out when he goes T. Let's see if he is man enough to step in front of Sheed.

15. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

Dallas ended the eight gamer.

16. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I think this is where Cowens and Porter are valuable. They were both all stars when then they played. Sheed would listen to them.

17. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

But some of those ticky-tack fouls would send me ballistic.

18. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

19. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Nazr has been better than expected. He seems to be effective enough in short minutes. In a way, it's almost divine that he gets into foul trouble because it gives Maxiell opportunities.

It is very possible for Nazr to be a double double rebounds and points center which would make him a steal for the MLE.

20. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Do you think he can do it for 79 more games plus the playoffs??