1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

MY Favorite New Team..

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by G-man, Sep 6, 2005.

1. G-man

G-man Starter

Okay, this is the exercise.
    If you lost all your rights to dog the Pistons :Cry:
    and had to pick another Fav Team, which one would it be? And why? :confused:

2. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

I would have to go with...

It was the Suns...but then they blew up the team.

Would pick Miami (because of all the new pieces)...but I can't because they are a rival......and they are Pistons haters.

San Antonio is boring....

Indiana...too many Pistons ties (biggest rivalry)

Looks like I will have to go with Sacramento.

I like all of their off season moves and I think they have one of the best GMs in sports. The additions of Rahim, Wells, and Hart should integrate well in their existing system. I've always been a fan of Sac's style of play.

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Wow. Tough one. I suppose in the West, it would be Seattle.

In the East? Man that's tough. I gotta go with the Baby Bulls, or Sixers. The Knicks or Raptors too if they can look like a playoff team.

4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

If based on current status I would pick San Antonio. Good team... nice guys. But if it wasn't based on the current teams and was long term I would probably pick Seattle (liked them since back when Wilkins coached them) or Phoenix (gotta love that dumb gorilla). Then Portland next.

I hate the East teams, except maybe Toronto or Philly. But they would come after all of my west choices.

5. G-man

G-man Starter

Houston

I like the Detroit connection, Sura, Barry, Howard and James. Derek Andersen and Stromile Swift should work. The big Yao and Old Mutombo, (though I question the 2 yr deal) with Wesley. Resigned Bowen and a healthy T-mac. Gonna have to wait and hear the jury on #24 Luther Head.

They make the division even more competitive this year. Don't get the respect of the Spurs or Mavs. I'll take Houston. :bounce:

6. rdang

rdang First Round Draft Pick

For me, it'd be the Cavaliers. The owner Gilbert is a huge Piston fan and is starting to try to model their organization after Detroit's. Lebron is the man, he's my favourite player besides Ben.

That cat will be something huge one day. And let's just hope he'll join another team that WON'T be New York (even though that's the smartest business choice for him).

7. Griffin

Griffin First Round Draft Pick

Ain't it still illegal to like Chicago as a Piston fan? Although this current team has nothing to do with Jordan's teams...still....it's Chicago. Sometimes I have to remind even myself of this. It is our duty to hate them. always.

As for me, it's Philly, for a few reasons.

I could usually care less about Western teams. It's like they're from a different country or something. I just can't connect with them.

Strangely, I feel a kinship with Philadelphia. A gritty sports town, but more unassuming than Boston. Proud, but not arrogant. Historic. Has an important franchise in each major sport.

They're called the 76ers! Their name is awesome! It's no stupid animal name. No no no. In fact, it's the year America became liberated!

Their colors are strong.

Most importanly...Allen Iverson. He's just something else. What an exciting athlete. But he's even more than that. He's an entertainer. AI is the walking symbol of everything right and wrong with the NBA.

And throw Webber into the equation. I'm still pulling for the guy.

And secretly, I'll be pulling for the Knicks to do well. LB is a great Piston working for somebody else now. Double goes for Zeke. And New York is the greatest city in the world. Nevermind the unlikability of most of the roster.

8. Pastor Flournoy

Pastor Flournoy First Round Draft Pick

76's

One, because I really like AI (Now) and also because alot of the people there don't like Larry Brown either. I also like Atlanta because they gave us Sheed for nothing.

9. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

My new teams....

Picking an Eastern team is tough for that exact reason. As a lifetime Piston's fan there's NO WAY I'd cheer for a team like the Knicks, Pacers, or Celtics. Recent mini rivals like the 76ers and the Nets are out too.

The fact that they're a Canadian team means nothing to me. The Raptors have been a joke since they entered the league and I hate V.C. with a passion. Although I do like Chris Bosh, its still not enough to cheer for the entire team.

I'd have to go with the Spurs in the West for the same reason as DarthTater and in the East I'll go with the Cavs. James is just too damn talented and too humble not to cheer for.

10. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

hard

its too hard to pick an eastern team.

you can either choose a successful team like miami or indiana, but you can't cos of the recent rivalry with the pistons, or

you can choose a team that doesn't have a recent rivalry with the pistons, but the reason why is cos they suck. so i'd have to go a middle ground team like wiz, cavs or maybe sixers.

on the western front i would say houston or dallas. like gman mentioned, rox have the detroit connection, and dallas cos they have some exciting young players, and i'm still a big fan of stack.

11. Big C

Big C First Round Draft Pick

G-man i agree, I absolutely Love Houston and Im actually looking for them to be in the finals This year. In the east I would have to root for cavs, they have Bron who reminds me of magic and surrounded him with some solid players, plus im a bit of an underdog person.

12. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

I'm with G-man and Big C.

The Rockets are a team that I can see myself rooting for. In fact I was really cheering them on in the playoffs last year. And how can you not love a guy like Jon Berry? The man leaves it all on the floor everytime he plays. He'll do whatever it takes to win. He would've fit right in with the Bad Boys, if only he could play a little defense. :nod:

Other then them I suppose I'd go with the Spurs, and then maybe the Cavs. You can't go wrong with King James I suppose. He's really going to be something special.

13. DaviaG-Rap

DaviaG-Rap First Round Draft Pick

my new favorite team

I will be rooting for the Golden State Warriors in addition to the Pistons. Why? Because I bought a sweet Derrick Fisher jersey for like $15 at Reebok. Plus they have Michigan native J-Rich as well as some other likeable stars: Davis, Dunleavy, and Murphy.

14. #1Pistonfan

#1Pistonfan First Round Draft Pick 2x Fantasy Champion

favorite

I have to go with the Spurs simply b/c they are a tough minded team like the Pistons.

My other favorites are the Cavs, Sonics & Rockets....

15. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

Dave

I kinda like G.S. as well. They might sneak up on some folks this year. But it just seems like that franchise is destined to lose, right along with the Hawks and Clippers. And they just might have the ugliest uni's in the league. :puke:

16. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

GS could be pretty good but.....

Anytime your success rest on Baron Davis's health, you are living life dangerously.

17. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Out West I'm a KG fan BIG TIME, so i roll with whoever he plays for, although the Minn franchise and market SUCKS, time to pack it up and Move.

EastConf, gotta love Philly. To me the east coast is mad crazy, NY and Bos people really irk me with their arrogance, and narrow mindedness, but Philly kinda reminds me of Detroit. Then you got the Doc, MoCheeks and Moses legacy (and don't sleep on Andrew Toney back in the day). C'mon man how could ya not love DrJ back in the day. AI's cornrows are to today what DrJ's afro was to yesteryear.

18. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I like to watch the Bulls. First of all I can pick up a lot of their games on cable...and they've got this really old color announcer Johnny "Red" Kerr who is so bad ..he's good. He coached the Bulls in the sixties so he may be well known to some of you.

Second...I like Scott Skiles. He is my favorite college player of all time...and I'm a Michigan fan. One of those players that just electrified the game.

Third. They don't have Jerry Krause anymore so I'd like to see them do well just to spite that clown.

Also I like Andreas Nocioni...he's my favorite Argentinian player.

19. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Great Question

This was a great question. I agree that picking an Eastern team is tough for die-hard Piston fans.

I like the Rockets the best, I guess. Watching Yao is always entertaining and the former Pistons on the Houston team (James, Barry, Sura) are all good guys that are hard to root against.

Only 4 more posts for me and I can get a #$#%^&$# avatar...

20. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

Other teams

Wow I would have to say the suns I rooted for them when they played the bulls and I liked guys like kj thunder dan and sir charles (hey he is funny) now I would root for them cuz of stoudemire he is a beast like Ben. Yeah they gutted the team almost but they should still win about 48 - 53 games