1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Motown Makeover

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Zoso, May 24, 2006.

1. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

Here's an outstanding piece on the Tigers.

2. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Ah, music to the ears...
    At least he was smart enough to dispell any comparisons to the 68 team..
    Trying not to get up too much because of the youth... but isn't it nice to turn on a game and know there's a good chance they will score at least five runs and hold the lead.
    If they can beat the Yanks and Chisox on the road then we just might have a summer team to get excited about.... either way there's no mistaking the large leap from futility.

Thanks Zo

Gooo Tigs!

3. Zoso

4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That was a well thought out article. I didn't realize how dominant the pitching has been by historic standards.

I'm looking forward to the White Sox-Tigers here at US Cellular in June. The only problem is that I won't be able to pick up the Tigers tix for free this year.

5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Why '68 the year after the riots?
    If they didn't give Detroit the '68 success the rioting would have spilled over into Indiana and Ohio. Those people were HOT!

6. Hotsauce

Hotsauce First Round Draft Pick

7. Zoso

8. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Good job, Zo! A humbling loss today, but a learning expirirnce as well. Just hoping for a split this home stand cuz we aint supposed to nothin no way. Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Zoso

No doubt, HQ. That makes two in a row now (9-0, Cleveland shutout the day before), and with two more against the Yankees, Boston coming to town for a three-game series. Then after a day off on Monday, June 5th, we head out on a six-day trip to face the likes of the White Sox and Toronto. That's some pretty hefty competition, but at least we'll find out if this Tigers team is a legitimate contender or not and and if they really can hang tough with the Big Boys.

What we really need is for our offense to come back around. Its really let our pitching down recently. And in a big way. We need to start scoring some runs in a hurry. Two straight shutouts, and we only scored one run in the game before that, versus Cleveland.

And my goodness, has Kenny Rogers fallen back to Earth or what? For the last couple years or so he usually doesn't lose steam like this until after the All-Star break. But man, he sure is getting knocked around pretty bad right now. It might be a good idea to sit him down for a start or two, to sort of rejuvenate his batteries.

As we already have one starter and one reliever on the disabled list. (Mike Maroth, Craig Dingman) and with Ramón Colón already starting for Mike Maroth, I have no idea who would start in his place, but I definitely think Kenny needs a rest.