Mohammed

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by pwf, Jul 9, 2006.

1. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

cb's slide started when arroyo departed. i think a lot of people are overlooking this fact. joe will get acker and lindsey involved and cb won't burn out during the second half of the season. it wasn't overconfidence it was lack of gas.
  2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I think that the Pistons missed Arroyo's play too.
  3. max

max All-Star

How much do you guys figure the new NBA game ball is going to help Mohamed? One of his main faults seems to be a lot of dropped passes and this new ball is supposed to be easier to hang onto. Its not going to get as slippery as the old leather ball.
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Or maybe it was a Chevette masquerading all season as a Lambourghini.

The 80's Celtics played 40 MPG in the playoffs and never complained about being tired. That's when it was a "man's game" and players regularly beat on each other with the refs weren't looking.

If Billups was tired, he needs to go. That is a lousy excuse. He's in his prime, and if anything, his lack of defense, rebounding and paint play should have preserved his body for the final countdown.
  5. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

You know I feel exactly the same way about that, bro. That tired excuse made me lose some respect for Billups, sad to say, Weak, just weak.
  6. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

7. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

I agree, for as important as the PG is to the team, CB didn't play like he wanted it that badly. He played like he was looking for excuses around every corner. And those fast breaks where he ignored having numbers to pop up a long jumper were more than just being tired.

It was a lapse in judgement. Was it because he knew LB wasn't looking over his shoulder and waiting to scream at him the next time out? Was he looking for glory? Was he tired? Who gives a crap. He needs to grow up. He's suposed to be the "floor general". Not the star.

And the "best player on the best team"... if he thinks he's the best player on this team, I guess I'm not suprised at how poorly he played. Put extra pressure on himself that he can't handle.
  8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I'm not ready to throw away Chauncey. Usually he's one of the only point gaurds who doesn't make much noise in the regular season, but gets unleashed come playoff time. It was reversed last season, but I still think Chauncey will bounce back next year. It would help if Flip grew some balls and yelled at Chauncey every now and than though.
  9. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

that's crazy to think that a player can't get tired. they are still human. the celtics might have played 40 mpg in the playoffs but they definitely didn't play that the whole season. detroit has had long seasons for the last 4 years. the last 2 seasons the coaches forgot they even had benches. yes i can understand him being tired. it's nothing wrong with him being honest the celtics were tired too they just didn't say it.

it's hard to ignore the fact that his game went downwards after arroyo left. cb was confident all year and his game wasn't going down. he was an mvp candidate with that same confidence. his game started going down when arroyo left.

cb's excuse is better than ben's " that's what i do" excuse about airballing free throws on a consistent basis.
  10. MotownPride

LMAO! Still don't buy the Chauncey I'm tired BS, but this retort was pretty darn funny. :laugh: You are right, Ben's response was probably inappropriate but he was joking while Chauncey was dead serious. Add Chauncey's comments about being the best player on the best team and not taking the loss too hard, and I've got a new perspective on Chauncey Billups. And its not a good one.

BTW, a friend mentioned this to me the other day...

Is there any truth about Mo Evans, C-Note and his wife having some "problems"? I realize this could be purely speculation but I've been hearing it more and more lately. If true, then I can understand why Chauncey wasn't himself the second half of the season.
  11. bezeach

bezeach First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

From an article:
    "As a devout Muslim, Mohammed sometimes struggles at the beginning of seasons as he observes Ramadan, a month-long period of sacrifice during which followers fast during the day and eat small meals at night. The exact dates of the holy month change each year, but they usually fall during training camp"

I never knew Mohammed took part in Ramadan!
  12. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

this year's Ramadan is from September 23rd til October 23rd- during that period Mohammed won't be allowed to drink, smoke (Darko ain't no Muslim, as far as I know :) ), eat, quarrel as long as it's not dark. So he's going to enter the season with a slight disadvantage, hopefully it won't be too big.
  13. himat

himat Bench Warmer

At least the regular season starts in November.
  14. vthomp

vthomp First Round Draft Pick

Roscoe, CB remarks erked me a little too, But with Ben or without Ben this team goes nowhere without a strong Billups.

Billups started so fast and if we had the first half CB in the playoffs it may have been a different story. BIllups has to play at an All-Star level next year in the playoffs if they want to have a long run. The play of Rip, Tay, and Sheed is very important also but CB brings it all together and in Flips offense its CB is the motor the Detroit has to have running.

As far as Nazr, if he can have the same type of year he had when New York was playing him reg minutes the Pistons will be just fine still a top five team in the League. I think he will be fine in a balance attack on the offensive end, We will just miss the tenacity of D that Ben brought which is hard to replace any way.
  15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Maybe he can get Sheed into that diet.
  16. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Sheed isn't fat.:P
  17. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

People typically put on weight during Ramazan because the body responds to starvation by storing water and fat.

Then the daily fast is broken with a large meal not too long before Travih prayers and bedtime.

I'm not a muslim but I did live with several and am somewhat familiar with their routines and practices.
  18. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Yes I remember other players struggling through Ramadan but coming out ok.
    Zoo I think you got a little carried away with yourself and the "pimping"
    remark. How are you suppose to act when people are gushing all over you about what you strived for all your adult life. Are you to go wallflower and say, "Ahh shucks". What about all the years some pedestrian PG was in front of CB and CB had to wait or move on. Was that not frustrating?
    As for Iverson has he got a ring? What about his big head? Would you like his nonpracticing big head here?

A big contract means favorable foul calls. You can't touch C'Note.

You guys need to know where you are from and understand what city you are from and remember where this team came from. Teal.
    CB is our star for better or worse and you better get with the program.
    I still don't see JD letting CB go. Not without a big money fight.
    ---------
    JD: [holding an inkpen to Mr.D's throat.] I need money to sign our star.
    Mr.D: How much you talkin'?
    JD: Maybe 80 over 4.
    Mr.D: Oh hell, I got that right here. I thought you wanted 100 over 4, then I would've said, are you sure about that? No, no get it done.
    JD: Whoow! Thought I was going to threaten to resign.
    Mr.D: No, no you're still my dog.
  19. MotownPride

Somehow I don't see ole man Davidson saying this. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  20. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Not in a good way, at least.

Maybe he says it to Tom Wilson. :)