Away Minnesota Timberwolves Saturday Apr 6 2013

Discussion in 'April 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

at Minnesota Timberwolves

Saturday Apr 6 2013 - 8:00 PM EST

Target Center, Minneapolis, MN

TV: FS Detroit

RADIO: 97.1FM

GO PISTONS!
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

3. MARK MADSEN!

MARK MADSEN! First Round Draft Pick

Jose will serve well off the bench for a contender. But an older, no defense playing PG is the last thing we need going into the future. Same with Bynum to a lesser extent. The Detroit Pistons need to get bigger.

I know a lot of folks here love them, and they are commendable teammates, but they are not what we should be aiming for.
  4. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If the Pistons had some offensive threats on the wings, Calderon could run the show. If you want him to lead the offense without much help, then you're in trouble.
  5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pistons only trail by 4 with 3 minutes left. Stuckey is the only one that got the message we are tanking....
  6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

It was exciting watching Drummond, Monroe and Knight try to close the game out. I would not have been mad at all I'd they won. Luckily it only took 74 games for this to happen.

I loved seeing Drummond go up strong to score off the glass late in the 4th. It was the exact opposite of Monroe's shots where all he worries about is getting blocked.

A couple more defensive rebounds and the Pistons would have won. Drummond had a chance at a few but couldn't connect.
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Knight got fired up.
  8. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Impressions from the game. Great win for Michigan. Oh, the Pistons. I watched them during commercials. Had it taped so I did not miss any. But very hard to get excited much about the Pistons and a coach bent on losing every game possible.

This game, almost no logical units on the floor. We always featured a two point guard set, at a minimum. And the 2nd point guard never for a moment was a good shooting guard to play that position. And no way was Stuckey any good at playing small forward.

Then you had JJ pretending but failing miserably at being a power forward.

Our front line did not do good enough at boxing out. But hey, that should come with more experience on Drummond's part.

CV hit a three. But really, Kravtsov just sitting this late in the season so CV can play center for us? Who in our organization thinks CV is the answer for us at center? Whoever it is, fire the guy now and quit wasting the paycheck.

Middleton looked good. We went on a run each time he entered the game, but note it was never at shooting guard. Stupid units don't do well long.

Most comical moment as usual is when our starters can't function and Frank calls a timeout but never changes our starting unit before the scheduled moment at 9 minutes into the quarter.

And when Frank makes that first couple of changes, it is only to make the team even worse, never to solve any problems. In other words, he makes sure we lose, above all else.

Again, late in the season. English is part of our future. But he does not get to play a second in this game. I am glad to see Middleton do well, but both English and Middleton should be starting at this point.

Calderon could not stick to his own shadow. Pretty much worthless except as a spot up shooter the way the coach uses him.

I guess I will add this comment about Middleton. The announcers said what a tough shot he made. But until he ever misses that shot, just how tough is it for him?
  9. MARK MADSEN!

MARK MADSEN! First Round Draft Pick

Krav is junk. Pure junk that shockingly is one of the worst rebounders on the team. He doesn't need to play.

We have a no defense playing vet, no wing players whatsoever, and no competent bench bigs whatsoever. Hell, CV only really plays when the real bigs need rest, now that Drummond is getting minutes.

Frank will not be here next year, so let him lose the rest of our games and be on his way.
    The Panda likes this.