Minnesota April 15th, 7:30 PM

Discussion in 'April 2008' started by Dlev59, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Minnesota April 15th, 7:30 PM

TV - FSDHD, NBALP

The T-Wolves come to town with thoughts of ping-pong balls and Mike Beasley on their minds, while the Pistons look to continue preparing for a championship run.
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I am hoping that the T-Wolves put up little effort, and we get the Finals HCA clinching win and the key players get the rest. If the latter happens, then maybe we get that Wednesday monkey off of our back too and finish off the Cavs and the regular season with a 4 game win streak.
  3. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm there baby!!! Yeee-haa!! :dancingparty:
  4. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    This is not going to be easy if starters don't make it that way. I wonder if Sheed is going to show up to play Jefferson.
  5. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

not a game in my ticket package, but it looks like my dad scored some upper level suite tickets through work so we're goin.
  6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

7. mikhail1973

Wow! The League Pass Broadband is showing Tigers game.
  8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pistons and Tigers do a twin killing on the Minneapolis teams visiting motown tonight. Both teams look shakey in the end as Todd Jones gave up a run after the Tigers erased a 4-2 deficit in the bottom of the 8th with 4 runs in there second straight come from behind victory winning 6-5..Go Tigers

:focus:

The Pistons pretty much played the same game they have played the last five games with the starters playing the 3rd qtr and the zoocrew playing the 4th.

The victory clinches the HCA in the finals when the get there.:cheerlie-GOAL::thumb[1]:

With the final score ending up at 115-103 it makes the Pistons now 34-1 when scoring at least 100 pts. Tomorrow is Wednesday..time to break that ugly seven game losing streak on woeful wednesday and end the regular season with a W over the lucky Cleveland Lebrons:sssh:
  9. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

We clinched homecourt in the finals, if we get there. We continued to rest the starters with none of them playing but minimally in the 2nd or 4th quarters. All our bench guys got at least a quarter of work in. Nobody got hurt. 58 wins now for the season, an impressive number.

Hayes got player of the game with 20 points, and did not look that bad on D, although he did not actually do much good either in the D department. Kind of neutral at least. He certainly scored a lot more than he gave up tonight - good game for him.

Hunter knocked down 9 points himself while playing decent D. Theo played good D, and the unit of Hunter, Stuckey, Hayes, JMAX, and Theo closed out the 2nd quarter with a nice run in the last two minutes of that quarter to take a double digit lead. (It was tied with about two minutes to go. This unit played most of the 2nd quarter, though Rip and Dyess did play over into the 2nd qaurter a bit.)

In the 4th quarter, a different bench unit, Stuckey, Afflalo, Hayes, JMAX, and Amir, did the job. This unit started out the quarter well enough, got into a bit of trouble midway thru the quarter where Minny got it to within 6, but then closed it out well. Afflalo hit a key jumper to help, about the only shot he took, and Hayes then hit a triple that was pretty huge. (Hayes throw away helped Minny get close in the first place, but he made up for it with that triple.) Stuckey steadily got to the line, and made all his free throws. Maxiell got to the line a bit too with mixed results. Amir got 6 points, on a couple of dunks and 2-2 at the line. ( I remember Stuckey set him up for one of the dunks.)

Our starters played well enough, shooting lights out in the 3rd quarter, but giving up a lot of points as well there. Rip hit a lot of shots, including some triples. Billups and Tay scored some. Sheed played the good D on Jefferson and Dyess took care of the rebounding.

The 4th featured a lot of Jefferson getting what he wanted inside against the likes of Maxiell and Amir. Obviously, if this were a game where we really had to have the win, we could have rotated Sheed and Theo on Jefferson. We have some good depth up front.

Well, a fairly meaningless game against Cleveland tomorro night. Probably will see the same rotation. Then Philly on Sunday - they have not announced the time yet as far as I know. Tickets are still available, same price as regular season.

GO PISTONS!!!!!
  10. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

yahoo box score mentions that AA and Amir DNP-CD.
  11. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i was going to meet up with webz before the game, but i got there late with my dad. we paid $10 for parking, but since we had suite tickets we still tried to get in that special lot...my dad had made a copy of the parking pass from his buddy at work, and the attendants found that so hilarious that they let us in.

what wasn't hilarious was noticing the smoke from my engine as i parked, then watching radiator fluid GUSH out onto the pavement. doh. we went inside and to the 3rd-level suites, which are on the 5th floor and you can touch the palace ceiling. it's kind of surreal to watch the game from a further view than the TV cameras, and most of the PA sound is drowned out because you are so high. anyway, we had some dogs and popcorn and beer, then left at the end of the 3rd quarter to beat the rush since who knows how my car was going to respond. took a couple bottles of water to put in the coolant.

thankfully, my car drove just fine and hardly lost any of that water, and wasn't even leaking when i parked it again. gotta fix it tomorrow.

so, unfortunately i hardly watched the game, didn't meet up with webz, and had to leave early, along with my car breaking. but other than that it was a lot of fun! :)
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Nice call by Saunders to leave the bench in even though it got close in the 4th. His trigger finger didn't even twitch.
  13. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

they both played.
  14. mikhail1973

Good game, Pistons did just what they needed to do. The starters went hard for the 1st and 3rd quarters, and bench did its thing. The starters will shore up the D in the playoffs.
  15. mikhail1973

16. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

forgot to mention that there are a LOT of cars that leave at the end of the 3rd quarter...was kind of weird to see.
  17. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

sadly alot of "fans" don't care to sit and watch the zoo crew i guess... which is just sad, since the bench players are so much fun to watch these days... they make mistakes but the wow factors they show on a nightly basis along with there hard work and effort make the 2 and 4th quarters more entertaining the last couple weeks.

I liked the way the first team was doing some trapping in the 3rd quarter it seemed to raise there level of play a bit. Being so deep now, we should press, trap, and defend like crazed animals the whole game now.... your tired thats ok we have your backup ready to go...
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That is exactly right. Our players are such intelligent trappers and unselfish on the break that it would be a great style for us.
  19. mikhail1973

The problem is that lately the first teamers haven't played much defense. It is a good idea for the playoffs though, I agree.
  20. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Rip sure does go into serious ballhog mode when he's in with the bench players.