Milwaukee Oct 8 7:30PM

Discussion in 'October 2008' started by max, Oct 6, 2008.

1. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

IIRC, Amir had the best +/- on the entire team for last season
  2. max

max All-Star

I would expect Amir's scoring is going to taper off now that he is starting. Just not going to get the same opportunities playing with the big guys as he would off the bench.

He will have to keep playing D and crashing those boards. Score when he has the opportunity.

I have been very enouraged so far. Stucky is much better this year, AA is hitting his jump shots - rumored to have worked very hard on his shooting over the summer. And all the the starters have appeared to be buying into what Curry is trying to do. Nice to see them trying to get closer to the basket on offense rather than further.
  3. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Thats 2 plays. And you can add Villanueva getting to the basket on Milwaukee's first bucket of the game where Amir was out of position. Thats 3. That is not 20 points, nor anywhere near 20 points. The fact is that Milwaukee shot about 32% when Amir was in the game. Specificically, Amir played the first 6 minutes of the first quarter, where only 3 buckets were made by Milwaukee. 3 total for the whole Milwaukee team. And of course, the 3rd quarter saw us shut Milwaukee down even more completely. The best way to describe Amir's defense while he was on the floor - he was everywhere. Constantly in the plays. Go look again. Take notice of just how few buckets Milwaukee scored in the 3rd while Amir was in. Look at how many times Amir caught up to plays. Next time, record the whole game by the way. Me, you know it, I have already seen the game more than once, and will watch it a couple more times yet. Its what I love to do, review tape.
  4. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

You're not transcribing anymore?
  5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'll translate that to: "Okay, sorry. You were correct." :)
  6. MrKent

MrKent First Round Draft Pick

I have a friend who thinks that Max should back up Tayshaun at small forward. Basically, he's too short to keep banging with 4's and 5's. I wish they had tried it as well.
  7. MrKent

MrKent First Round Draft Pick

I watched the game once and that was it, so I'm not speaking as an expert observer ...

The Milwaukee game showed me just what I expected. Amir did ok. Maybe a little better than ok. I wouldn't call his performance "solid", but it didn't have to be. He looked just like a raw kid (21 years old?) making only his second start in the NBA.

Once we get 20-30 games into the season, I expect Amir's performances to become more solid and consistent.
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Maxiell just has a short neck. If you give him an average neck, he's 6'10". He plays pretty big, especially on offense.
  9. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

:pound:You know that actually might be true.

edited to add;

I was thinking about Amir's rebounding (or lack thereof) and since i'm going off of watching well nothing, i was thinking maybe it has to do with fronting the post that's hurting his ability to get boards. He's always going to be out of position.
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Also, he's having to rebound against guys like Bogut and Villeneuva instead of 2nd stringers.

With our starting unit, they will play more control bball with outside jumpers, low turnovers, etc. That means that the defense will be in a better position to keep track of Amir and box him out.

He'll still get his share, but I see the rebounding rate and block rate naturally dropping from last year's level. Also, those easy putbacks should be harder to come by.

On the other hand, Dyess should terrorize the other team's bench.
  11. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I don't remember anyone ever having to make up excuses like that for Dennis Rodman.

He got his no matter what.

If our guy is for real then eventually so will he.
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'm not saying he won't do well, just that his rates were off the charts last year. Any good rebounder will do better against 2nd stringers than NBA starters.

And Rodman was one of the best rebounders in history. He averaged 14.9 for every 36 minutes! 19 per 36 min in San Antonio. Total freak.
  13. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Well the comparison has already been made.

I'm just riding the wave.

[​IMG]
  14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He blocks shots like Wilt Chamberlain, but I'm not 100% convinced that he will be as good overall.
  15. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

Wow, thanks for that font in case I was visually impaired.
  16. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Huh? What did you say? Could you please use a larger font st8? The squinting is really putting a strain on my eyes...:MusicBigGrin:
  17. Pistons Lover

Pistons Lover First Round Draft Pick

[sarcasm] Your very welcome [/sarcasm]
  18. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

It's good to read AFLO played well.
  19. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

You should check out those things called "leecaps" (often found in game threads).
    They always seem to have nice things to say about Spellcheck no matter how he plays.
  20. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

You know how it is BDL, once Gen357 likes a guy it's hard to shake his resolve to see that player fail. I think with AFLO he may have a keeper.