1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Milwaukee February 2nd, 8:00PM

Discussion in 'February 2007' started by Dlev59, Jan 31, 2007.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

No good way to take that comment... Davis & Nazr being pushed out of the rotation... Davis giving up?

2. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

We just cruised. The team knew that the Bucks couldn't do much.

Maxiel needs to play to keep his rythym.

Why, is Lindsay our back-up point?

Well, there is a flaw in the Webber playbook. Can he guard a real center? What are we going to do with Shaq? Yes, maybe we do need to keep Nazi for the fouls.

Ok, either we need to stop our non-productive fast breaks, work on them (coaching), or get the ball to Tay, the one guy who can consistently finish.

Easy game--not many like this in the NBA. The guys made it entertaining at least score wise.

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I think we idled and the Bucks ran out of gas. :)

I thought he came out really lazy and low energy. Not a very inspiring start.

Lindsey is allowed less and less to handle the ball. It just makes those few possessions were he does look all that much more ugly.

Webber will be useless against big centers like Shaq and Mourning. I see him moving to the foul line and Sheed working on the low block. This allows Tay/Delfino to rebound from the weakside.

4. roscoe36

5. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Micro, your comments about Maxiell coming out lazy in the first half: To me, you make a common mistake of associating lack of comfort level with lack of effort. A young guy like Maxiell lacks the road map about just where he is suppose to go, what he is suppose to do, from moment to moment. You can't go fast when you don't even know where to go. Given time out there, and a bit of comfort level about his role, Jason Maxiell usually ends up doing pretty darn good.

6. roscoe36

lee, I can only report what my lying eyes see. I'm hoping to get another chance at watching the game, Maxiell and Webber specifically this afternoon.

I'll credit Max with playing very strong in the second half, but his first half to my recollection was low energy and forgettable.

Because he improved his performance, I'd give Max a plus overall. But given the competition for minutes in our front court, he has to come out and impact the game immediately with physicality and force. Let's face it, the kid is far from a finesse player. His assets are power and force of will.

EDIT: Also, I am tired of seeing him miss dunks. He has to finish. It is unacceptable to blow dunks.

7. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

How do they miss something like that? I could understand if they missed on a game with Memphis vs. Atlanta. But the PISTONS??? Geez.

8. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i love how they simply change it to 'bench comes up big' and 'maxiell, mohammed fill holes' haha

9. roscoe36

Chris McCoskey, the "Lost Article"
    DETNEWS | Weblog | Pistons

10. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That's crap. Sure it sucks that he's getting less minutes, but he still needs to be a professional about it. Go to Joe in private and ask him for a trade. Joe has always been accommodating that way.

He's being paid a lot of money and I'm sure about 90% of the world would gladly switch places with him.

11. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Becaue his "negative" impact is just as overstated as Arroyo's "positive" impact.

12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Emotions were flying high at that point, Saunders said. Sheed is going to be emotional and you never want to leave that type of situation up to the officials. We couldnt afford to have him thrown out of the game.

In keeping Wallace on the bench, Saunders chose to leave Nazr Mohammed and Jason Maxiell in the game. That proved to be the right move.
    ---------------------
    What? What happened here?
    As usual I'm confused...

13. roscoe36

Sheed got mad that he wasn't getting any calls. On a couple shots he was being mugged.

He got a T, and then later got angry again but walked over to the bench rather than dump on the ref. He was trying to avoid getting the second T.

Dice picked up 2 quick Ts and was tossed. So rather than put Sheed back in, Flip S went with brahma and Naz-Mo.

14. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

What physically happened you all could see, but the mind game and understanding of the players, something only sharp coaches in control of his impassioned players ... Zen like...

15. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Micro,

I agree that Maxiel is dunk happy and a simple put in is often better. I do think that he needs minutes if he is going to help us at all come playoff time. He can be a problem for the better teams who are geared to stop our main players.

16. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Its the old which come first, the chicken or the egg. If Maxiell hardly plays, he will not know his role, will not know what to do, so of course won't be seen giving off any energy. On the other hand, if he gets lots of playing time, he will know what to do, and be able to set off doing it with great energy. Energy with no purpose is just wasted motion. Flip Saunders has two choices. Don't develop the bench, or develop it. For him to look for energy from players who hardly play is a bit on the ridiculous side. Let JMAX play.

17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Dunk-happy sure beats Three-happy.

18. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

He seems to know his role quite well. So well, in fact, that he never hurts the team's performance by trying to do too much, to do things outside the definition of that role - like rebound. Or pay attention on defense. Or play under control.

19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I will agree that he never hurts us by being out there. But I will strongly disagree he knows his role yet. He will get a lot better yet. As would Amir if we let him play.

20. roscoe36

Better late than never.

Flip Saunders press conference and Chauncey Billups interview.

nJoy!

Attached Files: