Milwaukee Feb 22 8PM

Discussion in 'February 2008' started by max, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

He pays me 3 times all that but when I come to collect, he says its buried in the back yard and I have to dig for it. After I shovel all the dirt out and find $.35, he says if I bag all the weeds, he'll pay me $10
  2. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Dont worry about trading for a small forward. Here's my crystal ball to the playoffs:

EASTERN.....................WESTERN
    1. DETROIT..................DALLAS
    2. BOSTON...................PHOENIX
    3. ORLANDO..................UTAH
    4. CLEVELAND ..............SAN ANTONIO
    5. TORONTO.................LOS ANGELES
    6. CHICAGO.................HOUSTON
    7. ATLANTA.................NEW ORLEANS
    8. NEW JERSEY............DENVER

ROUND 1
    DETROIT > NETS..........MAVS>NUGGETS
    BOST>ATL...................PHOE>NEW O
    ORL >CHICAGO.............UTAH>HOUS
    CLEVE> TOR................SPURS> LAKERS

ROUND 2
    DETROIT>CAVS...........SPURS>MAVS
    BOST>ORL..................PHOE>UTAH

ECF............................WCF
    DETROIT>BOSTON.........PHOE>SPURS

FINALS
    DETROIT OVER PHOENIX

I will be watching Sunday very closely. There shouldnt even be a chat so we can all FOCUS on the game; rewind, pause, etc...Cause this will be the most diverse playoff in history. So the minutes u all desire now will be diminished come round 2.We arent playing the rookies to get them 'ready' for the playoffs. They are playing to get our starters 'ready' for the ECF's! So when the starters come out in the 2nd quarter for 8 minutes and for the 4th quarter for 4 minutes, we can have a +/- of at least 6. Because I truly believe the Pistons are 9 pts better than anyone in the East and 4 pts better than any team in the West.
  3. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Amir is NOT, I repeat, NOT, a small forward. Everything about his game is PF. He doesn't have an offensive game outside of 5 feet, and he's not being utilized if he's hanging around the perimeter defensively.

This has nothing to do with me "not knowing how good JMAX is". It's about need. AJ is our best backup PF. He should be playing more minutes. The reason he is not is because Max deserves minutes as well, and you can't really play those 2 together against many of the teams in the league without being quite undersized.

It's pretty simple to me. Off the bench we have 2 good young PF's (neither of which are suited to play other positions at the moment), and ZERO small forwards. Swap Max for a player with equal impact @ SF, and you've got yourself a much more balanced team. AJ plays more minutes and we get a legit SF for a change.
  4. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Amir has an utterly awesome offensive game out to 15 feet. You just have not seen it. I know you don't know me, and don't trust me. All I can tell you is what I have seen. What I know for an absolute fact. Take what I say as you wish. It won't matter before long as we will all be seeing it shortly enough.
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

-
    Nice but New Olreans is the 2 seed
    And we are only 3 pts better than the East. And a toss-up with the West over 7 games.:cold:
  6. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Describe it for me.
  7. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Whats to describe really? Amir can create his own shot off the dribble. If you give him the ball beyond 15 feet, he will dribble in closer and shoot. And he will not miss. That is how Amir Johnson was prior to us icing him on the bench the last few years, and that is how he will be again once he plays some and gets comfortable again. He has hardly played at all so far. What you have seen to this point is not half of what you will see. (Not that what you have seen is not already pretty awesome.)
  8. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I once saw Amir slay a fire-breathing dragon.....with his eyes closed.....and his hands tied behind his back.
  9. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

There you go not giving Amir full credit yet again. You forgot to mention 100 lb. ball and chain.
  10. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

since my wife won't read this i am safe.....

I didn't know he was married?
  11. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'm emailing it to her now. You are in deep trouble mister! ;)
  12. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

But now you have all us guys in trouble as our wives our asking us what we are cracking up about.