Milwaukee Feb 22 8PM

Discussion in 'February 2008' started by max, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

You are right. If its a rookie, Flip truly loves to embarrass him. But Hayes ain't a rook.

Anyway, you misread something. Just because I use a phrase with the word embarrassment in the phrase, does not mean I think anyone is going to feel embarrassment. What I really meant to say if you want to know the truth is that Flip did not want to be shamed for his choice of putting Hayes in the game in the first place.
  2. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

3 things that need to happen after this game;

1/Amir needs to start

2/Hermann needs to play over Hayes/ or at least get a shot to take the sport away from him

3/Afflalo should never get taken out of the rotation ever. His defense is too valuable.

Dice coming off the bench will take alot of pressure off that unit to score, and give them veteran presence to settle them which they seem to need.

Great comeback game.
  3. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

In 27pt win was flips biggest worry, how to save his face
    :sssh:
  4. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I agree with point one. On Herrmann though, even though he looks good at times, he is quite slow. On Afflalo, yep, as much as Amir won this game, Afflalo was just about as important as he slammed the door on Redd scoring. (And ran breaks well and just generally played a very solid game.)

Now what to do about small forward spot? I still say the best guy to play there behind Prince is Amir. But then again, we want Amir to start at power forward. He really can't do both. The guy who I think should be there for us is Mejia. Too bad he signed with a team in Europe. If I were Joe, I would see if I could buy out his contract and get him back here. Why Mejia. Great rebounder. A better defender than Afflalo; a much stronger player who can also guard small forwards well. Mejia also is good enough to play point guard as far as ball handling skill. In all, he would be a lot like Tay in many ways (but little offense besides offensive rebound putbacks and then some at the line from driving in. To balance that, he is a better rebounder than Tay.)

I will post in the rotations thread to finish these thoughts out.
  5. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

On this team, Hermann is i guess the lesser of all evils (assuming Amir starts).

I actually think we should try AA at SF. If that doesn't work, try to sign maybe someone from the D-league (all we need is someone that can defend essentially, scoring here or there, ball-handling a plus). Meija like you said isn't an option.

Watching GH on PHO is frustrating. He's perfect for that spot.
  6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Here's what I'm taking away from this one:

1) Sheed playing like a man again. Only 3 three attempts. He was VERY aggressive in the paint. Posting up, getting in the mix, blocking shots, boxing out. So far, he really does seem to be trying to set an example when he plays with Amir.

2) Amir with another game changing performance. If there has been one common factor with all of our great runs over the past 2 weeks or so, it has been AJ. We don't need to make a trade, just go to the farm system.

3) Tay was +33 on the game. That is some good glue work from him. 5-9 shooting. 3 assists. 0 turnovers. No big whoop.

4) Billups being as aggressive as Sheed. 12 free throws and 12 assists. Great game from our best player.

5) Our starters shot 66% with 4 3-pointers and 22 free throws!!!

6) 16 offensive rebounds for us. AND we won the turnover battle 6 to 15.

Man, that was some sweet revenge after getting embarrassed by them 2 nights ago.
  7. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Missed the 1st qtr. Rasheed really likes playing with those young guys, and they really like playing with him too. I think that Rasheed and Tay with the young fellas was a great defensive lineup. Jarvis needs to get it together quick. I see no problem in moving AA and Rip to the SF spot to back Tayshaun up. Taking Arvis out of the rotation would allow Lindsey's game changing spot mins w/out taking away time from AA. Amir's stat line is just SICK!!!! That kid is a FREAK!!!!! Truth be told, had he solidified his spot in the rotation earlier, it could have made Maxiel expendable at the trade deadline, which could have brought a pretty decent SF.
  8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Missed the 1st qtr. Rasheed really likes playing with those young guys, and they really like playing with him too. I think that Rasheed and Tay with the young fellas was a great defensive lineup. Jarvis needs to get it together quick. I see no problem in moving AA and Rip to the SF spot to back Tayshaun up. Taking Arvis out of the rotation would allow Lindsey's game changing spot mins w/out taking away time from AA. Amir's stat line is just SICK!!!! That kid is a FREAK!!!!! Truth be told, had he solidified his spot in the rotation earlier, it could have made Maxiel expendable at the trade deadline, which could have brought a pretty decent SF.
  9. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

As much of a Max fan as I am, I tend to agree. If moving Max in a deal could bring in a legit Small Forward this offseason, I would say pull the trigger. I am sick of this Mo Evans, Delfino, Hayes, revolving door of shoddy SFs, and AJ is clearly the guy at PF from here on out. Swap Max for a SF in the same age/talent range, and look for a backup Center with draft picks or the MLE.
  10. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

You still have no idea of just how good JMAX is. JMAX vs. Amir is not an issue at all if Amir starts playing some small forward. Imagine a front line of Amir, JMAX, and Sheed. If you can't do that, I will imagine it for you. Totally awesome. We are about to win a championship, and Maxiell will be a big part of it.
  11. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I can't imagine a front line of Samb, Maxiell, Amir Stuckey and Afflalo.

Could you imagine that for me?
  12. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

c'mon, trade jmax for a backup SF? what you're saying is that you value a backup SF over a backup PF and i just can't agree there. jmax can still change a game, meshes well with the team, and shows up in big games (cleveland playoffs last year, dallas national game a couple weeks ago). seriously, what backup SF is going to do that for us?

i went to the game, ended up meeting friends who got us into 'club 53' and we ended up watching most of the 2nd half in there while drinking beers that were normal bar price. lee i'm going to disagree with you a little bit on dyess - he got offensive rebounds on 2 straight possessions early in the 1st quarter which really helped us from not getting behind. and while he's not the fastest guy on defense, his strength helped him do a great job preventing bogut from getting close, easy shots in the paint (even though bogut was making the shots anyway). plus rip was the one allowing redd to go to the baseline at will, leaving our interior guys high and dry.

simply put, amir was awesome. flip knows to put him in with sheed now, and how do teams score on sheed/amir/tay/afflalo/stuckey? he got his hands on tons of loose balls (that sounds funny), ignited some fast breaks, and even ran some of his own. i think by far his biggest contribution is that he sprints down the floor EVERY TIME we get the ball back on offense. rip got him a layup because he simply outran everyone down the court. he puts the defense on their heels and makes us the aggressors. he makes everyone else on the team push the ball. he's an animal. i mean, he completely outjumped gadzuric for a board when he didn't have position, and didn't have to go over the back or foul him for it...and gadzuric is an energy guy himself.

max played less than 5 mins of the first half. i don't mind him getting less time right now - he needs to get his legs back for the playoffs because we are definitely going to need him. chauncey was great attacking the basket, and we got the benefit of a ton of whistles late in the 2nd quarter (how about when dice tripped him and the bucks got the foul call?).

i didn't realize how small dixon was. he's listed at 6'3" and 165 lbs...i weigh that much at 5'11" and i'm pretty thin as it is. but i like his humble attitude instead of the '4th quarta slaughta'.

afflalo, after i kind of ripped him in a previous post, played a great game. he got some key steals, ran the fast break well, and played very solid defense. i think he has the lowest ceiling out of any of our new guys, but he always plays hard on defense and you can live with the rest.
  13. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

You seem to be doing a pretty good job on your own.
  14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Ah lee. You're no fun. I miss chatting with you. You should stop by the chat on a game night sometime soon.
  15. max

max All-Star

With only 4 active bigs I am all for bringing Samb into the fold before the playoffs.

Is Maxiel struggling or are teams starting to scout him better now?

Hayes reminds me of this years Flip Murray. The honeymoons is still on but at some point he is going to have to start taking better shots.
  16. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Yep, we could use Samb playing some minutes for us. The good news is that he is kicking tail down in the D-League right now and so is not collecting rust. The bad news is that the D-League is not NBA talent, so we should be bringing Samb up soon.

As far as Maxiell struggling - he is not. Thats a perception from the bench not playing well sometimes. But that is too little Amir, and too much Hayes, not Maxiell.

Hayes takes perfectly fine shots. He just can't make them consistently. Now that the trade deadline has passed, the only reason I can see him playing is if Dumars wants a bit more evaluation on him before he goes looks for a free agent to sign to take his roster spot. I say he has had every possible chance at this point.
  17. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

What is the appearance fee? Let me know and I will consider it.
  18. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Looks like DD is on the way here.
  19. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Roscoe pays me $50 per quarter for participating in chat, plus bonuses for providing important facts, witty comments, and slanderous jabs. Let me know what he offers you.
  20. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    That's all he pays you? Wow, you come on the cheap side. :pound: