Milwaukee Dec 31 3:30PM

Discussion in 'December 2007' started by max, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Maybe someone should tell Hayes not to shoot!

:pound::pound::pound::pound:
  2. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

A few thoughts: Brezec really, really, really, really, reeaaaalllllyyyy wants to stay a Piston. And I appreciate the hustle and the desire to please, but that was just too much. I understand trying to make a good impression on your new team, but man, that stuff was just :attention

Amir - he's playing better, and with a little more confidence and aggressiveness. Joe D stated in a recent interview that they're trying to get him more PT - I'm hopeful that happens sometime within the next three years we have him for.

Stuckey - he's gotten a lot better. The kid's a quick study, and this was only his fourth of fifth game back from a significant injury. That kid is gonna be good. Afflalo too. Those two have very good chemistry.
  3. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I remember he did that during his annual dunk last year. I think he gets up there and doesn't know how to get back down. Great quote from CB talking about an ongoing contest with Affalo over who will dunk the most during games...

“I had to do that, because a lot of the rookies probably didn’t have TVs yet the last time I dunked. We still have no evidence that Afflalo can even do it.”

I'm guessing tomorrow night since that's the first game I'll get to see in two weeks.
  4. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Maybe the refs thought that CB could not dunk or have not see CB dunk ala AA yet, that's why they were so impressed til they forgot to give him a T for that.

Great 'TEAM' game. RIP 9-10 FG with 22 pts in less than 28 minutes. CB with 13 pts as well as 12 asst in less than 25 minutes. Dice with another double double. Tay gettin more shots in limited minutes and made almost 50% of his shots and Sheed being Sheed. I guarantee that if CB can average double doubles, we will be in the ECF at least.

IMO, Hermann is a better 3 pt shooter than Hayes. Hermann's shooting mechanism, release or whatever you wanna call it is looks better than Hayes. May like him to be in our roster for the season. Need him if we need 3s.

Did anyone notice that when AA came in, Redd was suddenly not that hot anymore? Seems like AA has 'DETROIT PISTON BASKETBALL' blood in his veins. This guy is a keeper.

Wishing everyone a HAPPY & HEALTHY NEW YEAR 2008. May all your wishes come true this year & God Blessed.

PEACE....
  5. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Sure we do. I posted evidence of him dunking. You must have missed it or forgot about it.

:hoops:
  6. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Here's a quick clip of the tail end of CB's dunk. I didn't see the game and this was all I could find. If anyone has a better clip, PLEASE POST IT!
  7. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

Compare it to this one..........looks similar.....:hoops:

YouTube - Chauncey Billups dunk
  8. jammertime

Same with this old school one from his T-wolves days. Looks like his annual dunk tendency is to go two handed to the right side of the rim. :pound:
  9. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

I wonder if our second unit could do better against our starters than the Bucks did.

:hoops:
  10. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

HAMILTON: “That dunk was so old school. He was telling all the young guys he can dunk. They should’ve given him a technical for hanging on the rim that long. He told me, ‘I’ve got to let all the cameras get all their snap shots in and let them know I can still get up there.’ ”

BILLUPS: “(Pistons rookies Rodney Stuckey and Arron Afflalo) didn’t have NBA TV when they were in college, so I had to show them I could get up there and swing on that rim a little bit.”
  11. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

on days of serious 5 on 5 practice i bet its pretty heated
  12. BillLaimbeer

The numbers support your claim, JZ. Here are their career 3-point stats:

Herrmann is 62-for-142 (43.7%)
    Hayes is 192-for-550 (34.9%)

By the way:
    Herrmann is 28 years old and playing in his second NBA season.
    Hayes is 26 years old and playing in his fifth NBA season.
  13. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

14. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

AA is making Rip look like a slouch on defense (even though Rip is not bad). The only problem i see with this is will Flip put Afflalo in close games when we need his defense if it requires taking Rip out?? I'm thrilled with the bench PT, but we have yet to see major minutes for anyone besides Stuckey in a close game and Afflalo in the BOS game. I just hope that's not an anamoly, and Flip doesn't go back to clinging to the starters.
  15. BillLaimbeer

Afflalo's defense is good, but let's not get carried away. When the game is on the line, you want the best players in the game. That is, you would want Hamilton over Afflalo.
  16. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Nope, it depends on the situation. If someone is killing us, and only Afflalo can contain him, Afflalo may be the best player for that situation. You can't just shoehorn a player into a game, regardless of his talents in one area. And you can't ignore the excellent qualities that a player may have when they are needed. Daly did a great job choosing between when he used Rodman, pure defense, vs. Aguirre, great offense, at small forward.
  17. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

If memory serves, Herrmann, when he started for Charlotte the last part of last season, he shot about 60% on his threes. I don't think there is any doubt that Herrmann is the better offensive player, based on this, and based on some film I have been reviewing on him so far this season. But hey, defense is a big part of the job. Here, I don't like what I see from either player all that much, but I think Hayes is quicker, and a little better on D, and he may still improve further as those knee surgeries get further and further into his past.

The above though is not an endorsement of Hayes, as I think Amir, who is far quicker, or Mejia, a very solid defender, are both better options to back up Tay.
  18. jammertime

19. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I would wait till Herrmann has 550 3 pt FGA to say he is a better 3 point shooter.
  20. BillLaimbeer

Okay, let's make this thread a "sticky" for the next 3 or 4 years....