Milwaukee Dec 31 3:30PM

Discussion in 'December 2007' started by max, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I think Tay only came in for the last second of the first half. CB hit 2 free throws with under a second left, and Bogut tried to go long downcourt on the inbounds, but it flew over everyone's head and went out of bounds before anyone touched it. So the Pistons got the ball back from the spot of the inbounds, right under the basket they were attacking. Flip put Tay back in just to throw the inbound pass to try to score, but his pass to CB was tipped away.

2. Mrcina

Mrcina First Round Draft Pick

Brezec is trying too hard right now and looks worse, than he actually is.
    Should relax a little.:)
    But more important - he is allways a big fighter and happy and ready to be a role player in Pistons - that makes him eventually interesting long term...
    I believe he could guard some big guys in playoffs.

3. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

This is not a one game problem with him. It is a problem right now. He needs to be able to hold on to his rebounds better. Maybe it is technique, lack of awareness, maybe his hands are not strong enough or maybe both.

He needs to improve in this area.

:hoops:

4. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Since he is already our best rebounder, why are you bringing this up? Me, I just take it as proof that Amir Johnson needs more playing time. Immediately.

5. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Tay played the last five minutes of the 1st half.

6. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

That was the end of the 1st qtr. But the way we were beating them it probably seemed like 2qtrs worth of whoopass..................

7. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Checking the play-by-play on NBA.com, I see that Tay came in for the final second of the first quarter, not the first half, so I had remembered that wrong. Hayes replaced him with 2:03 left in the first quarter, and then Tay came back in with 3:54 left in the first half (in addition to that final second of the first quarter).

8. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Huh?

You just said earlier that Jarvis has been playing well the last two games!

Also, Hayes is a jump shooter, you can`t be actually saying he started making his shots because someone else dressed.

He is a very streaky shooter, he will have droughts, he will also have very hot streaky periods. Jarvis Hayes having the mindset of - "uh oh, he got dressed, I better start making my shots", is comical at best.

9. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

It's a valid point. Hayes has been picking it up defensively, and hustling like i haven't seen before; so it's more than just shooting. He's also playing more in the flow of the offense.

Competition will make you focus, and that's what it looks like it's done to him.

10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Amir was getting hacked. Give him credit for being everywhere at once.

That was probably the greatest game I've seen in quite some time.

The Pistons have entered into a feedback loop. The better the starters play, the more time and leash the bench gets, which means the bench plays better, which means the starters don't need to play as much, which means that they play better when they do play... and so on.

We just held a team below the seventy point barrier with 99 bench minutes!!! Chauney had 25 min to 23 for Stuckey.

If you can't enjoy this game, then you're probably not capable of enjoying anything. And the dive by Bresek with a 40-point lead and 30 seconds on the clock... with the camera going straight to Sheed's face? Wow.

11. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Hayes does have a history of being a streaky jump shooter. However, he is only 26. Further, he has had a series of knee problems / surgeries to really muck up his career so far. We don't know just how good he can get, not just on his shooting, but on his defense as his knees truly do return toward 100% One other thing, before the knee problems, Hayes was more than just a jump shooter. Maybe he can even start working inside for us more as time and healing goes on.

12. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Anyone who has ever played competively knows that competition brings out the best. Hayes, according to the announcers, realized he was rushing his shots a bit, and started taking a bit more time on his shots. Relaxing a bit more I think is how they put it. But where did that bit of insight come from. Maybe it was while realizing that someone else might be taking his minutes. Time to make a change. Good thing it worked.

13. Dlev59

Or maybe, he just wanted to start hiiting his shots!

His minutes have just about remained consistent throughout his current slump. IMO, i don`t think he was worried about anyone taking his minutes.

14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Missed this, passed out but I did record it.

Happy to see the Pistons are staying on their roll.

This team is playing so well, it's making me uneasy. When is the inevitable over-confidence game going to come? :eek:

15. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Hardly worth arguing about really. Nobody knows. But to suggest its not possible is just as wrong as me saying its a sure thing. Probably a good idea to move onto different subjects.

And by the way, someone mentioned the word comical. I do try to put a bit of subtle humor in my posts. Nice when someone catches it. But if they turnaround and take it too seriously, well, I guess they really did not get it.

16. Dlev59

Good idea, let`s move on, however, let me make this clear.

I am not arguing at all, just voicing my opinion. I just find it hard to believe that someone can start hitting their shots for the sole reason of someone might take their minutes if the shots don`t start falling.

Now, if it was because of poor defense, lack of effort, bad decisions, that might take Hayes` minutes, I would agree 100%.

I am now moving on...........:MusicBigGrin:

17. max

max All-Star

For others who missed it there will be another re-broadcast at 3am on FSN.

18. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

ok, I see you don't get it. That bit was put in their for some light comedy. Either laugh or say it was not funny. Happy New Year.

19. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

On today's broadcast Mahorn said, that Hayes for whatever reason was rushing his shots during this shooting slump, and over the last 3 games he hasn't been.

So it would be reasonable to assume that someone, maybe even Hayes himself by watching tapes, noticed that he was rushing his shots and communicated it to him. As a result he stopped rushing his shots and his shooting improved.

The question that remains though is:

What happened that caused him to start rushing his shots 3 or 4 weeks ago?

:hoops:

20. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Is this one of those trick questions that you already know the answer to?