Milwaukee Bucks Nov. 28th. 8:00 PM

Discussion in 'November 2008' started by Dlev59, Nov 24, 2008.

1. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I only watched a little of the 3rd and 4th so i'm going strictly on every time Walter made a three, he gave up an open shot to Jefferson on the other hand. That little stretch where he went insane was proceeded by Jefferson getting an open shot, an open lane, etc. I'm specifically talking about when i saw Hermann on him not his overall scoring. However, in the 3rd i did see Tay having trouble with him as well which is not surprising since he's never really been able to handle him.
  2. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

The Bucks need to just part with both Bogut and Redd. It seems like they NEVER play us anymore. They are chinadolls.

not a ridiculously inspiring night. didn't really look like the starters outside of Stuckey were too eager to impose their will. but its a win. everybody played. we need to get that two-seed and any win like the one tonight is good.

but i do hate small-ball, and i hope it stops after December 7th. Maybe Curry needs to keep doing it so that he'll figure out that it won't work against good teams.
  3. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Solid.
    Small ball lineup ideally should work against teams like Milw except, Rip and Tay don't play aggresive enough to take advantage of the mismatches on the offensive end.
    Fun product on the floor, but not good enough or tough enough to dethrone Boston, Dyess ain't that good.
  4. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I agree with you guys. AA/AI seem to have developed a strong chemistry, and Stuckey had a good balance tonight with being an assist man and getting his own (at least from what i saw). Stuck in the starting line-up is not only a better line-up, but it seems to help him relax.

edited to add;

Also Micheal Curry please get a stylist!!
  5. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Finally saw this game. Sadly, but Milwaukee is not team from to draw conclusions. Too soft.
  6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Herrman is a trip. He plays like a spazz out there, with his elbows near his sides and his hands sticking out. Then he'll raise his hands a few inches then drop them back down over and over again.
    But I thought his D was ok. Anyone who did score on him worked. And they schemed some screens to free up shooters.
    But then he bombed them 5 straight.
    Bucks could only respond with 2s. Cause he was in their face.
    Then he walked off the court with like 4 seconds left like he's bad.
  7. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

This is a soft win. Position for position, the Pistons do not match up with this team. The Bucks will surprise some people later in the season.

Herrmann is a situation player and a damn good one. The staff best start learning how and when to use him. His defense is no worse than at least a third of starters now playing in the NBA and I am being conservative.

Sheed and Tay refuse to become consistent. Comfort levels seems to be getting stronger from the bench, which means that Dyess coming back will make the bench stronger. Personally, anything that opens up some perceptions on how 3,4,5 positions remain huge barriers for this club is fine with me.
  8. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i'm not sure some of you watched the same game as i did last night, judging by these comments. lpgrl, i went back and watched the game and counted exactly 6 points jefferson got off herrmann - one bucket was off a nice screen and the other was 2 free throws. meanwhile he left herrmann wide open time after time.

this game was no contest - the outcome was never in question and it was exciting to watch - especially to see maxiell rock the rim so many times. we got to see extended combos of stuck/rip and ai/aa and i think they worked out pretty well.

it's also fun now that i have HD that i can go back and see myself in the stands on TV when FTs are being shot on the opponent's side of the floor.
  9. max

max All-Star

Herman had a great game. My only issue is that it could be another 10 games until he contributes again.

Why can't Amir and Maxiel always play like that? Expecially Maxiel - he was outstanding.
  10. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

That's an unfair comment. Minutes for minute he will outscore Tay and you begin to wonder how valuable his defense becomes when he can't give you a consistent 12/10 with all the minutes he is playing. Herrmann can face the basket and scores in a lot ways. It is very hard to break open the myths that surround Tay.

Also, it sometimes becomes an asset that you can learn to develop spacing and anticipation toward the open area. You don't have to be the uber athlete par excellence in order to balance out a team. He is an average defensive player which puts him in the fifty per cent category of playing NBA players.
  11. max

max All-Star

What are you saying that Herman could be better than Prince?

I would thrilled if Herman did shoot that well every game. Problem is he doesn't.
  12. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Herrmann was left unguarded. That will not happen in a playoff game. In a playoff game, with good defense against us, Herrmann will never be quick enough to get open. Tay is always guarded. Huge difference.
  13. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

agreed, and the only way i think in the playoffs he might be effective is if he is only on the floor with AI so that it forces the defense to play honest on Herrmann and not allow them to collapse as much on AI as he goes into the lane.

In certain matchups he has a place, but in the playoffs its going to be very situational and won't be every series thats for sure, but its a different weapon to have on the bench to have availble.
  14. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I would prefer we simply had another defender available. Sharpe is on the roster. Lets see what he can do. I do not subscribe to the theory that a guy has to knock down shots to earn time. Just play some decent D. If you are out there long enough to get some shots in the flow of the game, just maybe you can shoot the ball too. And Sharpe can shoot the ball. He has dressed the last couple of games. Sure would like to see him in some 2nd quarters.
  15. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

AI has changed the entire ballgame for the Pistons. They finally have someone that can break down a defense and force double teams. If you have that, you need guys that can knock down an open jumper. Herrmann may help out in this capacity. Afflalo has shown that his outside shot has improved. Tay can get hot, too, but he tends to need an hour-and-a-half to set up his shot.
  16. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

i'm with Lee on the point that i don't know how to feel about a guy that won't make much, if any, impact when the games really matter.

at least means rest for tayshaun, if nothing else
  17. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

For all of Hermman's supposed three point glory, he has hit only 14 in the 13 games he has appeared in. 5 in Friday night's game and probably 5 of them in the first two games of the season ...so in between that we got the occassional three point clang...but we give him some credit since he has hit 50% of his threes (14-28) Prince is slighly better at 15-29 for 51.7%
  18. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Lee you talk about getting guy minutes to see what they got. Fabio was bombing red hot. You can't get much better than that. Let's see him do that against a good team or with regularity.
    I think i saw AI give the ball up to him !!!
    Sharpe can get his chance when some one leaves the court ice cold.
    Besides how many players a coach juggle, we're so deep now.
  19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

One, like you say, we got to many good basketball players out there. Herrmann should definitely not be playing, so real NBA players can be out there getting their chance.

Two, yes, you can get a whole lot better than that. Like playing decent defense.

Three, I went thru this whole discussion last year. Then, it was Hayes. I kept saying Hayes could not defend, would not be left open in a playoff game, and otherwise had little to contribute. Sure enough, we arrived at the playoffs with nobody backing up Tay, who shortly enough lost all his steam from being overplayed.

As much as I disliked Hayes for being slow on D, he was a lot quicker than Herrmann. In a playoff game, if Curry were to actually play Herrmann, the other team would attack him every time down the court. Every time. It would be a disaster. Herrmann getting minutes, in my opinion, is wasting the team's time.
  20. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Maybe not everybody can play good D.
    Is this why Hayes was out of the rotation by mid season ?
    Cause he was hitting his shots early on.