Milwaukee Bucks Nov. 28th. 8:00 PM

Discussion in 'November 2008' started by Dlev59, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Milwaukee Bucks Nov. 28th. 8:00 PM
    TV - FS Detroit HD, NBA TV
    Radio WDFN 1130

The Bucks pay the Pistons a visit - their leading scorer Michael Redd may be ready for this contest after missing several games due to injury. The Bucks may be a playoff team this year, they are hovering around the .500 mark at the moment.

2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I've had this game circled on the calendar since the schedule came out. Gadzuric! Sessions!! Mbah a Moute!!! I can't wait to see these guys hit The Palace floor tonight.

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Hey, I was just making some important decisions regarding Ramon Sessions and my fantasy team.

Did you know he is averaging 5.8 APG off he bench?

That's pretty impressive. I'm not sure the Pistons have a starter averaging 5.8 APG.

4. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

The Pistons will come out motivated, with a little-bit of frightful tinge that has embarrassed their most recent (sensitive) efforts.

I have Milwaukee high on my list and this is going to be a very tough game. Not a good moment for them to come into the Palace, post turkey.

5. copper

copper Bench Warmer

I think the Pistons come out and jump on the Bucks early. With AI out of the lineup the rest of the guys have better chemistry and Stuck and AA will want to prove themselves with the extra minutes. 113-91 Pistons

6. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

AI will come off the bench! :bow1:

7. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

8. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I consistently read the same thing: The team will decide whether AI plays tonight. I am guessing that most likely he will play. But however, what if the team decides that anyone missing a practice can't play the next game - with this rule holding true for the whole season. It would not be about AI then, but what the team decides is the way to go. Lets see. Me, I don't think its a big deal. I think all the starters should be periodically held out of games, especially on back to back sets.

9. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I'm kind of hoping Joe can find a way to fleece his old partner of Andrew Bogut.

Come'on John.....do us a favor.

10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

11. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Re: Hollinger
    He has 6-8 Pacers ahead of Pistons too. This is a good rating if Pacers pass Pistons in P/O
    seeding. Other wise WTF.

13. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Not exactly an inspiring performance tonight, as the Bucks minus Redd and Bogut were still in it early in the 4th quarter. But a Fabio explosion from behind the 3 point line put it away, and the bench overall came up huge, aided in no small part by having AI out there with them. The scoring was very balanced, with 6 guys in double figures, no one over 17, and nine guys with at least 8.

14. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Walter Hermann is such a conundrum. For every point he scored, he gave it back to Jefferson on the other end. He's like the epitome of the player than can help you against scrub teams, but you can't rely on him b/c once you play a good team his negatives outweigh his positive. I only caught the some of the 3rd and the 4th. OK game.

I kept hearing about Stuck's great game, but i missed the 1st half. He looked under control in the 2nd like the Stuckey of old. Rondo err i mean Sessions was getting into the paint at will. Max has been back to his baby-eating self in the past 2 games.

15. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Nice game and win. With both Bogut and Redd out of the line up you would have thought it would not have been this close, but the Bucs hung around as long as they could. If not for five three balls down the stretch by Fabio. it possibly could have been closer than most of us would have of liked.

This game saw AI come off the bench and lead the team with 17 pts, followed by 16 pts from Herrman. In fact it should be noted that the bench actually outscored the starters 63-44. I am thinking that we continue to bring AI off the bench and milk this experiment until the rest of the league catches on or until they lose with this lineup.

All of the first five off the bench performed well just as they did in the previous game. Kwame got one highlight drive to the hoop, but other than that he was no threat on offense or defense as he got into foul trouble early and sat down.

Although the offense looked good hitting about 48+%, the defense still allowed to much penetration as both teams paraded to the FT line.

16. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I too think AI should continue to come off the bench until the team loses one.

17. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Herrmann had a good game. Five triples made, a couple of nice assists too. Yes, his defense gave up points, it was not so pretty on that account, but the team did well with him in for both halves. Best thing about it - Tay is resting. I am still uncomfortable though with a guy playing who most likely will not fit in a playoff game, where defenses will tighten up on Herrmann, and offenses will exploit how slow he is every time down the court. Still, he had a good game tonight.

AI got into the game with a few minutes to go in each of the 1st and 3rd quarters, so he played plenty despite not starting for disciplinary reasons. He hit a lot of shots tonight, and found a connection with Herrmann.

Before I go too far, Milwaukee did not have Redd nor Bogut, so this was not exactly a healthy Milwaukee team we played. Still, 10 wins against 5 losses now ain't bad. The next team is going to have the same handicap we enjoyed tonight.

Rip hit some shots. Tay seemed about invisible in this one. Sheed did a little damage toward the basket, launched some threes. Kwame played about a dozen minutes, did not do much, was kind of out of place with no big center for Milwaukee playing. He did have the one dunk on a drive to the basket that caught Milwaukee off guard - so they forgot to foul him.

Stuckey started the game well, hitting some outside shots and making a basket on a drive in.

Afflalo played a ton, and the team did well with him in. He made 9 points, missing just one shot I think.

Amir played enough. Not a ton. Plenty of rebounds, 8 points. Two of his points came off an outside shot where they left him open. He had one dunk I was sure went in, but it did not. Would have been quite spectacular. He had a couple of dunks though as it was.

JMAX was Mr. Highlight in this one. Lots of dunks, lots of rebounds, and 5 blocks. (Amir had 2 or 3 also)

Sharpe got in for a few minutes of garbage time - though actually the game was borderline not garbage time - just enough of a game left to make everyone play serious. I like that. Bynum got a few minutes there too. Sharpe did poorly on O on his few tries, looked ok on D. All 12 Pistons played. Acker did not dress.

The one nice thing the last couple of games - no scoring lulls for the Pistons. This one was not as free flowing as the last one, but the offense just kept on clicking the whole game. 107 points scored this one after 110 last one. And oh, a whole lot of points in the paint.

We got in some trouble going small to end the 1st half, but rallied at the end there to make it ok. But several things were done wrong all at once. First, AI, Stuckey, and Rip were grouped together. Thats not so good defense. Then Prince was playing power forward, never a good idea. Finally, JMAX was our center for the group. Small, small, small. No reason for it, just something Curry want to experiment with. It certainly did not help us win this game.

18. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Let's not exaggarate. Walter gave up a couple hoops, but most of Jefferson's baskets were made when Herrmann was on the bench.

19. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Dan Gadzuric is a beast! You think Illwaukee even noticed that Bogut wasn't there with the fine play of the ex-UCLA legend? Mike Redd is going to get tons of open shots playing with him.

I don't think Herrrrrrman did that badly on D. Certainly no worse than Tay.

Speaking of Tay, he must have had 8 shots from within 1' of the hoop at one point in the 2nd Q and missed them all in a display of weakness not seen since Cindy Brady was bullied by Buddy Hinton after school.

Has either Kwame or AJ ever played again after checking out in the 1st or 2nd half when they start?

Does DET have the shooters to play effectively with AI? Rumor has it that the grieving one went to Curry begging him to start AI because he had grown very close to him the last 10 games and couldn't stand losing him.

20. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Counting our defensive rotations breaking down, and our poor transition D. (Which we also see from Kwame playing in a game like this where there is really nobody in the game for him to guard), Herrmann did not do well on defense. But hey, the team played plus ball with him in, the crowd loves to see the threes, and AI found someone to pass to.