Away Milwaukee Bucks Friday Jan 11 2013

Discussion in 'January 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Separate point. Adding Singler to our starters made them a lot better. Singler, playing with our subs, makes them a lot better. Kind of hard not to notice, Singler has a lot going for him as a basketball player. And this team should be very glad to have him. I hope that trey he hit tonight in the first is just one of many these next several games for him.
    BallDon'tLie likes this.
  2. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

I give this game to Monroe and Knight. I said at the beginning of the year--this is their team. Of course, soon it will mainly be Drummond's team. But the point was that if Monroe and Knight stepped up their game, the team would win this year. This season both have had a disappointing side to their development. Tonight, they played as we all hoped they might play. Good game for both and a solid win.
  3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I give MVP honors to Will Bynum tonight.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

We hot. 8 games in a row without a regulation loss. Too bad the Celtics went on a 5 game win streak right when we were nipping at their heels.

Monroe was supercharged tonight. Maybe due to the big layoff? Was he getting a little worn down with too many minutes prior to this? He just seemed quicker and more aggressive. Some good bigs on MIL too. On the +/- end, it is interesting that he was a +35 and nobody on the Bucks was worse than a -14. It means that Monroe was kicking butt the entire time both against the MIL starters and their bench... and the 3rd stringers.

One of Knight's best games. Great defense, nice 3 bombs, some tough layups, 5 assists to ZERO turnovers, and he helped out on the boards. I'm wondering if he's a future premier defender at PG. He's a rare combination of length and quickness. It helps him on offense, but might come in more handy on defense since ball handling is not a factor on that side of the ball. Also, maybe an unusual game since he had such a nice rest and came out with a bounce in his step.

The bench mob only hit 4 treys tonight. 31 points on 31 shot attempts. MIL's bench had 42 points on 42 shots. It's nice to have a night where the starters were the ones to create separation. It's been a while.

I know Charlie isn't a good defender and all, but tonight was the first night that I can remember where he seemed to be the target of the other team's offense on almost every possession. There was just a ton of iso on him and most of it resulted in MIL's bigs getting jump shots (that went down). The pattern was that they'd shake and bake a little and he'd sag, then they'd just get a shot off before he could really affect it. They tried the same thing on Daye, but he was able to hold his own better (the pull the chair move most notably).

Dre is just a monster. I understand why Monroe played extra in this one since he was rolling. But Dre matched Monroe's rebounds in half the time, blocked 4 shots in rather spectacular fashion, and had one of his sickest alley oop finishes of the year with another backhand guide in. Hensen looks like an 8th grader compared to Dre... which might explain why his skyhook was blocked by him.

Fun stuff.
    brofmfa likes this.
  5. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Most impressive win in a long time. 5 day lay off, on the road, against a +.500 playoff team, lost momentum going into the half, and we all know that this team struggles coming out of the half....so what happened, 33-11 in the 3rd qtr! WOW! Best game that I have ever seen Monroe play, he was actually manufacturing his own shots consistently all night, spectacular play! Knight played fantastic too, on both ends of the floor (see, unlike some other posters around here, I will give credit when credit is due....even if I'm not said players biggest fan.) the kid looked like a starting PG on damn good basketball team; this is the first game that I can remember (in a long time) where Knight got 'his' while the game was actually still in play and the team (especially Monroe) played well too and we walked out with an impressive win.
    BallDon'tLie and linwood like this.
  6. Cardono

Cardono Second Round Draft Pick

Enjoyed reading your thoughts on the game, since I did not watch it
    It really gives you hope when Knight and Monroe deliver, and if Drummond will develop nicely then this is just great..
    brofmfa and roscoe36 like this.
  7. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

The weird schedule made me forget some of my rants that I've been beating to death. That lasted until Frank brought Drummond in as his 10th man.

Lawrence Frank should be fired. He can't coach this team.

You may call this a win but it is a loss to me when #1 only plays 17 minutes.
  8. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Can't believe the 3rd quarter. Best 3rd quarter I've seen in a very long time. On both the defensive and offensive ends.

This confirmed that after a long break, they got their legs back, esp Max. good game for him. Excellent game for both Knight & Monroe, 2 of the 3 future bright stars of the team.

If only Dre made the 'off the glass' dunk towards the end of the game, it would have been the highlight on both ESPN and NBAtv. Cv made a bad pass.
  9. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah, but how did Bynum do?
  10. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

I love drummond
  11. del

del Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Monroe 26points 11rebounds 2assists
    Knight 20points 5assists
    Drummond 8points 11rebounds 4blocks (add 10mins more stats to this)

This is the future we are all hoping for. Despite all my complaining about losses, about Monroe's and1 calls etc, I think this will become more consistent with time.

Monroe doesn't need to have a consistent outside shot if he can make his basket moves as potent as they were.

Knight doesn't have to be a CP3 distributor or D-Rose scorer if he has better players around him - just add to the scoreline when needed, set up for threes, facilitate at a decent level and play the hard nosed defence he did.

And Drummond, well just keep doing what he's doing. Surrounded by an improved Monroe and Knight with some other scorers, he will dominate.