Home Milwaukee Bucks Friday Feb 3 2012

Discussion in 'February 2012' started by roscoe36, Feb 1, 2012.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Feb 4, 2012.
  1. Detroit

66.7%
  2. Milwaukee

33.3%
  1. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Agreed about Knight. He is certainly very rough around the edges as a point guard and player in general, but his biggest asset is his competitive edge. That is one thing he has shown every single night that has given me hope that he can really help this team win in the long run. You can tell he wants to be the leader of this team, and he will do anything for the W.

What Brandon needs is some sort of offensive game in that 12-18 foot range. For those instances where he's driving to the rim, the paint is packed, and no one is open. He needs to be able to step back and knock down the mid-ranger. Right now, he's trying to stretch that floater out to that range with little success.
  2. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Great game, too bad we won. Nice to see BK getting 7 assist and 0 turnovers. Daye was -17 in 10 minutes, that's some serious tanking.
  3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I agree. He is already becoming a great leader. He seems like a great kid, too. I loved his post-game interview. All he talked about was some of the easy shots he missed, a few more passes that he could have made, how much more he needs to improve, etc. He is very humble and, from all reports, he works extremely long hours in the gym. This guy is definitely a keeper!
  4. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

This is probably the stuff I like most about the kid. Let's hope some of it rubs off on the rest of the team.
  5. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

For the first time this year I feel like the Pistons sort of won this game as opposed to the other team giving this one away.

Obviously a good game for Knight. I think even when he's had the 0 points or 0 assist games he has shown some competitiveness.

'Ol Ernie was having a heck of a time figuring out who they were talking about between Brandon Knight and Jennings.

I really like Jennings. I think he might be a good example of what Knight can become down the road where his scoring sometimes outweighs the traditional PG metrics.

Tay is one of the only Pistons who can hit NBA jump shots.

Conversely, there are guys who aren't even playing in the L who can give the Pistons what Stuckey does.

People have criticized Walker Russell's shooting, but to me he gives the Pistons so much more than he takes away when he plays.
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I got a chance to watch the full game this morning and came away impressed with the defense. Offense played a little bit better in the first half, but defense was able to hold off another team and win down the stretch for a change. Knight definitely controlled the tempo while he was in there, but probably took too many shots....(took 23 shots to get a career high 26 points with most of the misses in the third quarter).

Stuckey seems to know that it is Knights team deferring to him to bring the ball on all occassions. No turnovers for Knight and some nice two handed feeds to his players. It was definitely the battle of the Brandons as he out dueled Jennings to the end. It was nice to see the happy smile on Knight's face tonight as he dribbled the ball out to close the game

Stats of the night...
    >Max grabs 12 rebounds...not sure if that was his career high of not.
    >Pistons hold the high scoring Bucs to only 80 pts and 10 assists and no Ben Wallace sightings...
    >Ice, Ice Baby sold 160 million records...Word to ya Mutha
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'd say that was more thank an OK game by Maxiell. He replaced the 3 rebound, 0 point guy in the lineup and led the team in rebounds and blocks with 0 turnovers. Just short of a double double. And of course, Monroe paired with him for his usual double double.

Knight with his best game yet, especially with the 7 assists and 0 turnovers.

The Bucks only made 26 FG's, which is really low. 35% shooting with only 17% from 3-point range. They did get 33 FT attempts, which is one of the only negatives. Delfino was shut down. Gooden and M'Boute were kept off the glass. Our starters out assisted theirs 16 to 4!
  8. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I was thinking once while watching the game that a Knight / Affalo starting backcourt with Stuckey off the bench playing either spot depending on who else was on the floor would be a nice rotation.

Alas.
  9. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Agree with you guys on Brandon. He runs the team when he's on the floor pretty much 100% of the time now too, even with Walker on the floor with him. Wasn't the case as recently as the Miami game, but the ball has been in his hands in crunch time since the Hawks game at least iirc. Also, he does have a midrange jumper, he just doesn't use it much. I recall him hitting one late against the Heat and a pull up one in transition for 2 of his 26 here.