Home Milwaukee Bucks Friday Feb 3 2012

Discussion in 'February 2012' started by roscoe36, Feb 1, 2012.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Feb 4, 2012.
  1. Detroit

66.7%
  2. Milwaukee

33.3%
  1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

7:30 PM EST

TV: FS Detroit / NBA league Pass
    Radio: 97.1 The Ticket

2. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Awe, ...here we go again.
    This forum would be a lot more uplifting without the game threads.

3. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Milwaukee has one of the worst defenses that I've seen without Bogut. We should win at home against them. Breakout game for Russell Walker coming up as he goes career-high for 21 pts.

4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Did the NBA contract some teams when I wasn't looking? It seems like the Pistons have played the same 6 teams over and over.

5. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Stern is trying to capitalize on the additional revenue that marquee matchups like Pistons vs Pacers and Piston vs Bucks bring to the league. I can't wait for the Tayshaun Prince/Beno Udrih McDonalds commercial that's scheduled to air during the Superbowl.

6. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I wonder how many people will be coming just to see Vanilla Ice at halftime and then will make their way for the exits....

7. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

The Bucks seem to be winning lately. They've won against Miami twice now, and recently beat the Lakers.
    They stand at 10-11 while the Pistons are 4-20. Any team that has won 4 of 5...against some good teams certainly can handle the Pistons.

Bucks by 13 points..........

8. max

max All-Star

Does seem like it. Plus we are the only team that seems to get tired and need practice.

9. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

All we need to work on is defense, shooting, and quality assists.

10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Maybe we need a change of pace here....how about starting Monroe with Macklin and Charlie V in the front court and BenGo and Will Iam not injured in the back court. Then we would least lose 120-111...either way we either win or get closer to more ping pong balls...

I mean what is wrong with those guys anyway? They can't be hurt this long.....

11. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

12. Walter

According to this: http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.ssf/2012/01/detroit_pistons_ben_gordon_hop.html

Gordon hurt his shoulder(s) in the pre-season.

13. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

linwood and BallDon'tLie like this.
  14. Walter

I never thought of CV as a sign of the apocalypse. But, now that you mention it...

15. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Hey, we'd won this one.

16. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Revenge is sweet! After getting blown out by the Bucks at Milwaukee, the Pistons stop their losing streak and end the Bucks' winning streak at the Palace. Mason yelling Deeetroiit Basketbaall during and after the game was awesome. Beautiful game.

First of all, great game for Brandon. After going scoreless against Milwaukee the last time, he comes back with a career high 26 points, 7 assists and more importantly, no turnovers. I think going against Deron Williams and doing fairly well really boosted his confidence. He and Brandon Jennings really were going at each other as the esteemed Greg Kelser pointed out, going tit for tat quite a bit, especially in the second quarter. My favorite plays were that pretty bounce pass to Greg in the post and the one to Rodney in transition. The one to Tay for a layup was good too. This is how he needs to play, aggressive, but under control. He did take a questionable 3 at the end, but he'd just hit 2 big shots in a row, so forgivable. He'd turned into such a threat for the Bucks that Scott Skiles put his best perimeter defender, our old buddy Carlos on him in the second half, and he did reign him in a bit, but Brandon was able to get loose when he needed to down the stretch. Just a very good game, and that it came in a win is even better.

Greg had another solid outing, going for his 12th? double double of the season with 18 and 11. He did have 4 turnovers and was a little bit off early, but he made them when it counted, including two huge free throws that all but sealed the win. He is never fancy, and he won't wow you with highlight dunks and blocks like Max would, but he's consistent, and consistently very good.

Tayshaun had a good game. He wasn't going into isotayshaun mode so much, even though he was forcing a bit at the end. His defense down the stretch was good as well. He did do one of his classic "oh my god, I fouled someone?!" gestures at the end, very funny.

Max was actually okay for this one. He's still got Stone Hands, but he along with Greg grabbed some big rebounds there at the end, as well as an emphatic swat of a Brandon Jennings floater.

Stuckey was quiet again, but okay. Was quite surprised to see him playing after the turned ankle, groin pull aggravation at NJ, but he had a fine game, despite shooting only 30%. His mobility is clearly limited though, and Livingston took full advantage of that at the start of the second half. Refs weren't falling for his 'hey!' tonight, so he only had 4 free throw attempts, two of which were at the end when Milwaukee had to foul. Lawrence Frank did yank him out at one point, as the offense had stalled and he was going isotayshaun a bit too much.

Austin Daye. Goodness this guy was a momentum stopper - benefitting the other team. The lead was most threatened at the start of the second and third quarters, both times with him on the floor. His turnovers were of the dribble it off his foot out of bounds or lose the ball while dribbling right into the hands of Drew Gooden variety, the former after he decided he'd take the ball up the floor instead of passing it to his PG. He was also the guy who couldn't stay in front of a rookie, and sent him to the line twice in a row. It's gotten to the point where I cringe every time he dribbles. The guy was a -17 in 10 minutes for a reason. Maybe he needs his shooting/life coach to come to town and talk to him about snapping his wrist on release again.

Walker D. Russell. I really like him, he kinda reminds me of Lindsey on defense. Not as lockdown as Lindsey, but he doesn't commit dumb fouls and really pestered Brandon Jennings for the most part. Had a key steal early in the fourth too.

JJ was good too. Just hustling, providing energy. Things his team need him to do. His highlight play was a nice dunk in transition off a good pass from Brandon early in the fourth. He needs to do that more often. Greg too.

Damien Wilkins..I still like him more than Daye, but on offense he made some bad decisions. He had a really glaring one in transition; Greg was back with him and had excellent position under the hoop, and he takes and bricks a short jumper from the baseline instead, with his big man right in front of him. Hated that.

To be honest, despite having a 13 point lead at one point, I couldn't breathe easy knowing the team and the threat of a FQC. A drought did come, but the important thing for the Pistons is they fought through it, thanks in part to two big shots in the lane from Brandon and a putback layup from Greg. It was also huge that they managed to cool off Brandon Jennings. The guy was shooting 100% at the half, and shot like 20% the rest of the way. Brilliant effort by the team.

linwood, Slippy and Laimbrane like this.
  17. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

Excellent writeup as always, alexa. The Pistons' defense was pretty good tonight, especially its transition and interior defense (that tie-up on the Jennings fast break was delightful to watch). Milwaukee going 3-17 on threes certainly helped Detroit, but we have to give the Pistons some credit, as they did prevent a lot of scoring inside (again, it certainly helped that Milwaukee had no interior offense, but I split hairs).

Individually, I love seeing Knight with 7 assists and 0 turns - it gives me hope that the kid is figuring out his limitations and those of his teammates. I love seeing Monroe with another solid game, and yes, he's a little sloppy with the ball, but having a guy in the post that can actually score from the post is a nice feeling.

This team still sucks offensively (is it really that hard to score 100 points?), but help is hopefully on the way in the draft. Until then, I'm enjoying seeing their defense improving and enjoying watching their young guys get better; it's no exaggeration to say that Knight is getting better every game he plays, and it's safe to say now that Monroe is legit.

Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  18. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

^Thanks Laimbrane. Agree on the Jennings tie up; Rodney and Brandon did a good job there.

19. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I only saw the last 4 minutes while I was sitting at the theater waiting for a movie to start and kept hoping that they would not blow the 11 pt lead, that much to my chagrin shrunk to 4....but after a nice regrouping time out, Knight came back with two nice hoops to extend the lead back to 8 and then I kind of relaxed and showed the phone to Mrs Dre and told her we got this. She gave the thumbs up, the previews started and I turned off the phone.

I like the next Piston fan would love to get the first or second pick, but I think it's too early to be campaigning for ping-pong balls yet. I would rather see the team win 1.5 games a week and then tanked them all at the end....:bs:....thanks for recap Alexa

20. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

From the third quarter in OKC to today, Brandon is showing me that this is his team. He's showing good improvment as the games go by but its his competative fire and confidence that fuels the team. His is the psyche that everyone else feeds off of. Forget x's and o's. Forget starting PF. Forget even running the team. BK was working it chasing Jennings over picks and then coming down with great focus on the other end. The team responds with off the ball movement. Tay especially.
    We'll continue to struggle as he develops and grows into the role of leader of this team but this guy has it and its just a matter of time.
    I loved that he went up and challenged Sanders on that dunk. Your point guard going to block a 6'11" guy and really looking like he intended to stuff him back down.
    Watching Monroe play is just great, win or lose. We've been a jump shooting perimeter team so long that its refreshing to have a big guy be a real focus of our O.
    Tay was fantastic in this game. For all the trashing we give him during all the other games, he showed why Dumars signed him. He's not a guy that can carry a team and when he tries, its awful but in the flow of the game, as other guys are moving and working it, he knows how to cut, where the openings are and how to finish. He and Monroe, I feel, really key off of Brandon and is why I think Brandon is becoming so important. If Tay has confidence in Knight, he'll move better without the ball and make that extra pass if needed. If not, there's really no one else and he tries to do it all himself.

linwood likes this.