1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Milwaukee Bucks Feb. 17th, 7:30 PM

Discussion in 'February 2009' started by Dlev59, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

35 points on 38 sots for our superstar trio of AI, Rip and The Future. 51 points on 40 shots for everyone else.

It is funny to hear people going off about accountability and respect or scoring in the paint and playing in the post when you see the stats above.

Is there a team in the league that wouldn't be happy with the 35 points on 38 makes from the heart of the Pistons offense?

It is inane to complain about the Dyess/Sheed pairing when neither Rip, AI or Stuckey could keep C3PO in front of them at this point. If you are looking to hold people accountable that would be a good place to start. Instead of thinking how quickly they can get up the court to get another shot up maybe they can focus on stopping someone.

2. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

To be accurate the trio made 12/38 from the field. That is downright awful. So it is 23 pts from 38 shots, not including FT's. Rip was the only saving grace in this statistic. Stuck and AI, stunk it up.

3. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

It has been pointed out in this forum several times that our bigs have to cover up mistakes by perimeter boys and this hurts the most.

4. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

Haha, please don't remind me about that mess of an organization. I remember during the summer when Curry was talking everything up I really had hope he knew what he was doing. Now it is obvious he is at a loss at what to do.

Stuckey has looked lost the last 10 or so games. He's in a slump, but I'm not doubting his skills I know he's going to be a good player. I really think the players know this coach doesn't know what he is doing. He's changed the lineup so many times, his play calling is suspect, his strategy (does he even have one?) is horrible, there is no identity to this team.

We try to play half court when its obvious Stuck and AI are not Billups. This walk the ball to half court, stand there for 12 seconds and then run a play isn't working. Whenever RIP is in the game that's all we do. Stuck sits at the top of the 3 point line waits for RIP to run around and then passes it to him. It happens way to much and it's limiting Stuck and AI for that matter.

5. Ernie the Slow Adult

So all the bigs have to do is work twice as hard as everyone else and then watch the guards hoist up shot after shot? They do have an attitude problem.

6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

With Stuck, notice how many fewer jumpers he's hitting now than when he was rolling. It is inevitable that other teams are going to realize that all he wants to do it drive.

It's like the difference between the way we guarded Sessions the first game vs. last night. We even went zone.

This should mean that Stuckey will get as many college 3's as he wants. He needs to shoot them at 45% to make them pay. However, he can't do it consistently yet. Probably needs to spend the entire summer working on it. If Rip can take a summer and become the top 3 point percentage leader in the league, then this is possible.

7. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

god thanks that several our bigs are FAs and next year we do not have watch how they can't play D on guards.

8. Ernie the Slow Adult

How many 24 second violations or shots taken with 1 second left on the clock did DET have last night?

9. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

a dog fight of course////and we'll be the Taco Bell chihuhua!

10. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

well put.........................except we lost at the beginning!

11. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

My hindsight is a beetch , aint it??:pound:Some people DO call me The 'black' Wayne Brady!!

12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Somebody say dogfight?

[​IMG]

13. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

The prophecy of the yEAR!!!!!!!:pound::pound:Tell me, will I hit the lottery this year?

14. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I laughed with my wife when Bynum came inthe game and as soon as he crossed the half court line threw up a jumper!:pound:I used to do that in church league.."Im gettin mine!!"

15. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

LOL...unless u were being sarcastic, three games a go u were quoted as calling this 'a fun season'! Question,Hog, my bro.... can you come with me to my colonostrophy? It'll be 'fun'!!:pound:

16. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

sorry Tay, but..............

THE WORST POST OF THE YEAR! :nerd2::nerd2::nerd2::pound:

17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

At least it was 50% accurate.

It was originally a very snarky post and I changed it to that after having 30 seconds to mull it over. It would be nice to have an edit option like that in real life to take back portions of conversations.

18. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Got to disagree. The sarcasm in the post is off the charts. Got to appreciate that.

19. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Not just last night, this happens in nearly every game...

I mean they probably average about 1 or 2 shot clock violations a game and at least 3 shots at the 24 second buzzer and at least 15 shots taken with less than 5 seconds on the clock...

Our offense is to slow and methodical, and probably why we are 28th in the league in scoring.

No one seems to get down the court with any direction or scheme of what to do when it is time to score. One minute it is all about me and the next time down no one wants to take responsibility or get open until the clock forces a rushed shot..

20. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

i know...my post was actually a play off of Tay's post. Priceless.:cheers: