Discussion in 'Other Hoops Talk' started by LA Dre, Nov 27, 2009.
Going out on a limb with that prediction....
Thee is our Obama.
Nope can't expect the Wolverines to beat the defending champs in Charlotte.
They got a few calls today with the charges, but if they don't get to the FT line Sunday at least five times or more it will blow out city if those threes don't fall.
As long as everyone returns next season and they have no injuries, they should get to the big dance and to the sweet sixteen
Michigan 88 - Duke 85...
Michigan 81- Duke 73
YouTube - michigan beats duke.mp4
Well, after tomorrow there will only be 24 teams left and Michigan will be one of them. You have to give the Wolverines credit for a great season, irregardless of the outcome of the Duke contest.
1 and done is not a great season. Sweet 16 ... respect.
I think most would disagree with you. Michigan swept MSU in the regular season and won a game in the tournament. I say that will get you a lot of respect especially since they played so well in the later part of the season. A young team, well coached headed into next year...not bad.
well said, you have to look at where they came from and what the future looks like.
one and done for state this year (and they didn't get that far) would be considered a failure if you had set what would be a good season as the ball was thrown up to start the season.
Michigan Lost there top 2 players from last season, were picked to finish in the bottom of the standings and there coach was really on the hot seat. This is excited as I have been about the future about Michigan basketball since Webber called the TO he didn't have, and I knew that he was heading to the NBA.
Do I expect a win on Sunday, nope... but I expect them to fight for 40 mins win or lose. Saying that... I do have Mich into the Elite 8 on my picks.... so I am a bit nuts :P
State will reload this year and Izzo won't take any prisoners. It's over.
It's definitely over. I saw Izzo out on the golf course this morning....
Great effort by the Wolverines, just when you thought it was all over when they fell down 15 with about 12 mins left in the game.
Yeah Duke got off more FT attempts, (25) to the Wolverines 11, but what do you expect when the game is being played in North Carolina,,,,
Despite that, the Wolves almost prevailed and I am sure Morris will be thinking about that last decision he made with about 2.5 seconds....should he have stopped and popped, fed a past to the driving Hardaway, dished it out to a wing man for a possible three ball win or just taken it all the way to the rim for a possible Rumeal Robinson like and one and win situation??
Either way the Michigan team...all wearing black sox and shoes, did the M nation proud and did not fold the tent like many expected them to or like GMason is doing right now against the OSU...... Even coach K started sweating and took off his jacket worrying that he may have to wait until next season to get career victory # 900.
Get another big man to develop and some more players that can play inside, and the Wolverines will be in sweet sixteen next year with no problem and ready for a possible run at the final four....
Yes, Morris had a lot of options. I guess if you are the man, you want the ball in your own hands at the end. That would have been sweet if someone would have drained a 3 at the buzzer, though.
At least Michigan should control in-state basketball for the next decade. I figure Izzo will go to Golden State now that he's lost his big brother status, and the big blue will dominate by taking all Michigan recruits. Just hope the renovations to Chrisler Arena are done in time for the trophy.
Finally got to watch the Fab 5 special on Espn...
Some Nemo thoughts....
1. I love Jalen Rose, for his upbringing, for his class in the way he handled himself during the shooting of this special, and for his ultimate success as a person.
2. My favorite player was Juwan Howard from the Fab 5, and he still is. I'll always be glad he was part of the team.
3. Glad the Southwestern coach got his gig at UM and eventually at UD.
Glad he spoke his peice during the special.
4. I feel much better about Steve Fisher as a coach and a person after watching this special.
5. Very saddened with the comments made about Webber by the current AD, figuring Webber owes the school an apology.
6. Shocked to see all of the racially motivated hate mail from the U of M alumuni. Those people are uneducated fools.
7. Am very proud of the upperclassmen who continued to support the team, even though they were relegated to the bench.
8. Saddened to see Webber cast Martin in a negative light, but I do not feel Webber owes U of M an apology.
9. I would implore Webber to have conversations about this with someone...somebody who can help him. He didn't do this show because I believe he carries a burden upon his shoulders and is still a troubled individual. IMHO.
10. I wish to this day that Webber had stayed with the rest of the team for their junior season to win it all and finally have the victory they deserved...
11. All the four players of the fab 5 who made current comments for this special were wonderful in their expression of thoughts...thanks......
Good comments and a good assessment of the piece. The legacy lives..
I agree. That was by far best the post Nemo made between 10pm and 10:30pm yesterday.
My wife watched it with me for the last 1 1/2 hours. The thing that cheezed her the most was the current AD asking Webber to apologize. She thinks he's an idiot. I'm hoping he can at least not screw up the basketball and football programs going forward.......
Very sad story here:
Plane crash injures U-M basketball recruit, kills father, step-mother | Detroit Free Press | freep.com
Separate names with a comma.