U of M Michigan Football 2013-2014

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Nemo, Feb 17, 2013.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

In my view, the rankings for teams with similar records and sos's should result in an order that would closely match the betting odds. I'd heavily favor the team ranked right behind UM right now in a head to head match up, which means we're mis ranked.
  2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Perhaps you like the Power Rankings better?

2013 NCAA College Football Polls and Rankings for Week 5 - ESPN
  3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Hokey half time speeches have help the Wolverines in their last three games as they have won them despite shaky first half games. Once the Wolves went up 21-7, I thought the game was over, but the supposedly unbiased ABC color commentator seem to be hoping the the Gophers would come back and win this one continually reaping praise after praise on the Minnesota QB and Tight end.

That one long drive in the first quarter was about the only significant damage against the wolverines Defense and the color commentator pick up on that as if were going to happen all game.

Final score 42-13......5-0...and a possible move up of one spot in the rankings unless Northwestern takes out OSU.
    Nemo likes this.
  4. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

When my wife detects a biased commentator...then I know we got trouble.
    I was also waiting for the catch that may have been bobbled by UM to be overturned.
  5. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

4 quarters of a solid performance..I like that they played the kid at running back....Funchess is UNguardable!
  6. Nemo

The only thing worse than seeing UM play bad is to have Matt Millen doing color commentary.
    fofofofofofofoofofofofoofofofofofoof.................:bs:
  7. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Listening to Lou Holtz break down the highlights at halftime is a close second.
    Nemo likes this.
  8. BillLaimbeer

Wolverines looking pretty good to me.
  9. LA Dre

Game not over yet and M is up 34-24...One thing for certain Gardner is better throwing the long ball up the middle, than the short side line passes. And even though he doens't get those long runs like shoelaces, he still knows how avoid a tackle in the open field.
  10. BillLaimbeer

This is one of the strangest games ever. Michigan is trying desperately to choke this game away.
  11. LA Dre

Which they did. Switching over to the baseball game, I am not sure where they were when they decided to pooch punt it with 57 seconds left. I thought they were driving for a FG, but apparently were pushed back. Correct me if I am wrong, but were they in FG position then?

Either way they couldn't down it inside the 5 and the NitLions drove it 80 yards in 50 seconds tie the game, lose it possibly twice before it was finally over.

Yep, this was like a tennis match as Penn State saved 2 match points before finally going for the win on a 4th and one and punching out the conservative Wolverine OT offense and choking specialteam/kicker.

Naysayers will blame loss on the first half INT by Gardner that led to 14 points, but this game was in the bag in the 4th for most other top 20 teams with a 7 point lead with less than a minute to go.

Frustrating loss for SE Michigan fans who witnessed a Sparty homecoming win, a Red Wing at the Joe, a Piston preseason win and another impressive tiger pitching performance ( no-no) thru 7 innings win or lose.

The Wolverines had a chance to stay a top the Legends division and inch up in the rankings since Florida and Northwestern loss, but hopefully they learn from their mistakes tonight.
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Hoke played not to lose at the end, which killed em. They were in no man's land on the clock and foolishly tried to milk it out. Then, punted from the 35 yard line to net 15 yards.

In OT, after PSU posted a 0 from fumbling, it happened again. After a blown first down call by the refs and the instant replay booth, we center the ball in the field on 3rd and 1 to set up the win for a shaky kicker who was 1-3 on the night.

I'm not that upset, because after those weak wins, I pretty much lost hope in anything meaningful for this team this year. It's just that I hate seeing hesitant coaching. PSU's 4th and 1 try is more the kind of coaching I'm looking for.
    LA Dre likes this.
  13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

They been playing with fire all season.
  14. LA Dre

You kind a knew living on the edge would catch up with M eventually. You're kind of glad it happen now instead of the last game of the season when they thought they may have been invincible. The protection was masterful for the Penn State freshman QB, but there were a couple of holds that could have been called if this game had been held in the big house.

With that being said, how big or short that is, are the Michigan DB's? At least three times the M defender seem to jump to soon and was 2-3 inches short of knocking away a catch that proved to be costly for the Wolverines.
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  15. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

how does Gibbons even walk to his classes??????
  16. LA Dre

He probably needed a body guard today and his teacher may have let him out early to go practice.
  17. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Didn't watch the UM game -- my cable doesn't carry BTN -- but saw the eye-popping stats. One stat really caught my eye: Indiana's time of possession was 21:26. UM had the ball for more than 38 minutes. It's hard to believe UM's defense was tired. It gave up a ton of points.
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Smart style of play for Indiana. Almost worked.
  19. LA Dre

Got on the plane..M scores to make it 42-34. Plane lands...check score 63 -47...will have to fast forward thru the DVR tomorrow to check it out the scoring frenzy for both teams.
  20. Nemo

I think Jeremy Gallon's 369 receiving yards set a Big Ten record for one game.