Michael Vick is now a free man.

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Latinoking90, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

Michael Vick released as federal dogfighting sentence ends in Virginia - ESPN

So if he is allowed to play...who signs him.

He has the talent to be an awesome wildcat player, not to mention is still young (29).
  2. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

He's done his time, now let him play. He deserves a chance to re-establish his NFL career. I believe that his skills have diminished, due to a lack of competitive play. Gotta wish him the best as he tries to come back.
  3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

He will be someone's WR or special teams guy in either the CFL or maybe even the NFL. It depends if a team can ignore the Peta protest signs
  4. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

The media circus might be too much for most teams to stomach if he came back as a QB, but I doubt anyone expects him to play that position full-time anymore. If someone wants to sign him as a utility back/wideout and occasional ballhandler in the wildcat, it might work out OK. I imagine that pretty much everyone on his team, and most NFL fans, would accept that he's done his time and that there's no reason to hold it against him professionally anymore.

I don't know which way Goodell will decide, but inasmuch as he seems to be reasonably in touch with public perception about specific players (i.e. no one has much sympathy for Plaxico or Pacman these days), I figure he'll realize that general opinion is on the side of letting Vick play again.
  5. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It would be a big gamble for a team to sign him (public relations wise), but I think he at least deserves the opportunity to at least be allowed to try and sign with a team.

I think what he did was absolutely barbaric, but as Nemo said, he did his time. A heck of a lot harder time than 99.9999% of pro athletes that break the law have had to do.
  6. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Who needs a QB?

Realistically only the following teams don't have a firmly entrenched starter or promising young QB who may start in 1 to 2 years time.

Tampa Bay - Desperately need a QB. Looking like either McCown or Leftwich will be the starter. That team is going to be terrible this season. Looking to instill a run-based offense.

Washington - Tried to obtain a replacement for Campbell in the off-season without any success.

St Louis - Bulger has taken a beating over his career and may be getting towards the end of his days as a starter.

San Francisco - Pre-season battle between Hill and Smith - neither a fantastic option. Vick may fit in with their new run-based offense.

Tennessee - Kerry Collins is a decent game manager for them but not much else. Team bases their offense on the smash and dash running game with Johnson and White so Vick may fit in.
  7. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

Some teams do.

I say Leftwich is decent enough for this season, and Josh Freeman is their future. So yes they do have a promising young QB.

Michael Vick doesn't fit the WCO mold. Campbell isn't even that bad, the Skin's owner is dumb.

His scrambling skills would sure help with that weak O-Line. Even with the addition of Jason Smith.

Hill at least gets the job done. He's a good game-manager for the 49ers.

They already have their own version of Michael Vick in Vince Young.

I'm surprised you didn't mention the Panthers with Jake "Imma throw a pick now" Delhomme as their current QB.
    Williams, Stewart, and Vick. :bigeyes: 3+ 1000 yards rushers! Talk about taking the pressure off Steve Smith!!

or

The Vikings. Sure they might get Brett Favre, but Favre is old and will get tired by the time playoffs come around.

Another explosive offense. Percy Harvin, Adrian Peterson, and now Vick!:jaw:

I wouldn't mind Vick in a Pats uni. As a pure athlete can he return punts and do kick returns. Not to mention has potential to be an awesome Wildcat QB.