1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Miami March 27 8PM

Discussion in 'March 2008' started by max, Mar 27, 2008.

1. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Great post!

I'm psyched now!

PLAYOFFS BABY!!

2. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

When they showed stats how many minutes pistons rookies have got, two things are mentionable:
    1. AA an AJ have each ALREADY played more minutes in their rookie season than Tay did.
    2. Mateen Cleaves played 150% more minutes than AJ or AA: it says how much they put on this guy and therefore how big bust he turned to be.

AJ needs really some muscle: when he gets ball, he has so much trouble to keep his position so he is not capable of making good shot.

3. max

max All-Star

Looks like the 1st half was good old Piston half effort stuff. Actually looked like they were trying to get into a scoring contest with the Heat and were trying to bury them that way but the Heat players were hitting their shots in the 1st half.

Then in the 2nd half the Pistons started to play some D and got some great production off the bench.

Riley was there for the game and it looks like this was one the games that he must of circled on his calendar as a game to try and win. Probably figured he would lose anyway so it was no real threat to his lottery ball hunt.

Won by 16 and I would called it by a 15-20 point margin anyway given that Hamilton was out so it ended about how it should have.

Great games by Afflalo and Amir. Especially AA, he has really been taking advantage of this golden opportunity to start. You have to be proud how these guys have been stepping up to show what they have for the playoff roster whenever they get the chance. Lot more than I can say for Past Piston young bench guys.

Thanks for the correction on the tv schedule CloudWalker.

4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Tay got burried on the bench his rookie year, only to emerge in the playoffs. Michael Curry was starting ahead of him and he was about as good as Lindsey Hunter is right now. About the only good that came out of that season was that Tay put his name on the map.

5. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Maybe the Heat played well for a while last night because of Shaq's recent remarks....

I love playing for this coach and I love playing with these guys. We have professionals who know what to do. No one is asking me to play with Chris Quinn or Ricky Davis. I’m actually on a team again.

True perhaps, but why single out a second year end-of-the-bench player who by all accounts is a decent kid who plays hard. I had begun to think of Shaq as an elder statesman and was kind of starting to like him. These remarks though are utterly classless. What a jerk.

6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Wow. It is pretty unusual to single out players by name like that because of their ability. It's one thing if they couldn't get along personally, but to embarrass a guy like that is pretty low, I agree.

7. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

As was pointed out on Pardon The Interruption yesterday when they discussed those remarks, Shaq has pretty much thrown his previous teammates under the bus in public every single time he's switched teams--Penny from Orlando, Kobe from L.A., now those guys from the Heat.

8. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

he has grown up..... lol remember he normally throws the superstar of the team he leaves under the bus, he never said a word about wade..... well not yet anyways lol

9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

So Chris Quinn isn't on Shaq's Fave Five? I'm really surprised by that. Maybe they are just too similar to get along.

10. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Dice FTs lately is horrible, miss 5 in this game. Season average is lower than Max. Did i just say Max? The guy whom FTs were comparable with Big Ben early in the season?

Wow, Dice. You better start makin your FTs cause the playoffs is coming soon. And FTs are very important in the playoffs.

11. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

You mean D. Wade; the greatest player in the Association? I think that is how Shaq was affectionately labeling him when they first got together every chance he got?

12. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

he also was referring to riley as the great pat riley.... don't think he talks that way anymore....

what is it about florida teams and there fall from the top when they win a title.... the heat and the marlins (twice now)

13. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

Was that game even on TV anywhere?

WXSP, ESPN, TNT, ESPN2 were all no gos in West Mi...

14. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It showed up on the League pass via the FSN throughout the Diect TV network..

TNT was glad they switched out of that one. At one point the Heat had at least four D-league alumni and a 10 day contract guy running the Pistons starters off the floor:).

The TNT guys even joked during the highlights that they didn't recognized anybody out there other Ricky Davis and Pat Riley....just imagine the Flip fallout if TNT had televised it and these unknowns had beaten the Pistons!!:sssh:

15. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You can't excuse a lousy effort for any reason, but these young Miami guys are playing for future contracts and their livelihood. The Pistons don't have a whole lot to gain at this point. Sure, we would like to be executing more crisply heading into the playoffs, but the non-stellar play in that game by several Pistons didn't surprise me whatsover.

16. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Saunders on giving Arron Afflalo start: 'No one works harder than he does' | Freep.com | Detroit Free Press

bla

17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That's why they call him Showbe.

Not sure how the hardest worker on the team can get DNP's though.

I really enjoy watching AA play. It just seems like he makes it really uncomfortable for the man he's guarding.

18. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

Having missed the game and just looking at the boxscore, especially the +/- I must say I'm very impressed with Aflalo.

although in Miami we were playing a 'decent' NBDL or equivalent to a 'very good' WNBA team last night.

19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Think about how unusual it is to have a rookie in charge of guarding the other team's best players. It's not like he always does it, but AA has done that several times this year and also he has been inserted to do so in a few late game situations.

It's impossible to tell for sure, but he really does have the potential to become known as an Artest/ Bowen type. Both of those guys are athletically gifted, but more importantly take pride in their defense and have a strange edge to them on the court.

If he turns out to be that type of player, then we have a chance at extending the legacy of the defense first mindset.

20. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Could be. His heart does seem to be into playing defense. And he's a better offensive player than Bowen. The two inches Affalo gives up to both Bowen or Artest could be a problem though. If all else fails they can fall back on superior size to most ones and twos (and are generally equal to most threes).