1. PF.com is also on Facebook. Follow/Like us Here.
    Dismiss Notice

Away Miami Heat - Sunday, March 29, 2015

Discussion in 'March 2015' started by roscoe36, Mar 14, 2015.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Miami Heat

Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 6:00 PM Eastern

LOCAL TV: FS Detroit
    NATIONAL TV:

RADIO: 105.1 FM

GO PISTONS!

2. roscoe36

Another big game.

3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You need a new signature...

4. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You getting younger?

roscoe36 likes this.
  5. BillLaimbeer

No, but spring isn't arriving anytime soon either...

roscoe36 likes this.
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I tuned into the game with the Pistons up 25-19 with about 3 mins left in the first. It's now 34 -29, as the Heat had a 17-2 run....only tip in by Anthony and then 2 FT by Williams during this six minute drought...

roscoe36 likes this.
  7. LA Dre

Half time score>> Heat 49-Pistons 44

Terrible second quarter by the Pistons to the supposed short handed Heat. SVG went with the bench too long in the second quarter. The bench was a combined 2-17 with Joel getting a tip in bucket to end the first quarter and Dr. Tay and Mr. Hyde getting one bucket in 4 attempts wtth about five minutes into the quarter. The Pistons scored 17 in the second quarter, but only after the starters came in to score the last 14.

D Wade was game time decision and he has played>>> leading all scorers with 17 points.

8. LA Dre

Pistons fall behind by as many as 17, but then close the quarter on a 11-0 run to cut the deficit down to 6. (71-65). If they can continue the defensive effort, they can comeback and win this one.

9. LA Dre

Well they got it down to 4 in the opening seconds of the 4th, but enter Dwyane Wade, and they were down by 12 in 2 minuted and the Pistons could never get it back within 7 after that. It was the old school Heat players who victimized the Pistons from 2006>> DWade 40 points and Udonins Haslem> 18 points and 13 boards. Wade went 11-11 from the FT line in the 4th quarter alone. Some scrub rookie by the name of Jeff Ennis also scored 16 points.

There was only 17 minutes from Luol Deng, no Hansan Whiteside nor Chris Andersen and they still beat us and out rebounded us by 9....they were 30th in the league in rebounding.....

Drummond got a career high 32 points (14 boards) and Reggie scored 31 points and handed out 9 assists. And that was pretty much it as far as Piston scoring....but it was the defense ...or lack of D when Wade was out there>>> as he victimized, KCP, Butler, Tay and the FT line today stopping the Piston winning streak at 4. Without Wade, this probably would have been a Piston win.....

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
    TheeTFD and roscoe36 like this.
  10. lapiston

lapiston All-Star

There is just not a lot of talent on this team other than Andre and-- let's hope-- Jackson. Assuming Monroe walks. Five years of significant losing should have produced a team loaded with young talent. Of course, Jennings could return strong. But the franchise can't count on Pope to be a big difference maker. As another poster wrote, he is not really a first or second option. Really, it will be all about Andre...and let's hope free agents or trades that have been far better than in recent years. Stan's task has been a difficult one. He broke up a 30 win team but it is very hard to propel past that level without a top talent as a focal point. 30 wins is 30 wins is 30 wins and it can just keep going. Hard to break out of this level without sinking to the bottom first (which wasn't done at the time) and the Pistons are now a bit too good to do that. This is a real puzzle for Stan. Andre looks like a rare steal (9th pick) but he is a 21 year old who is still somewhat of a project. I am high on him but I do understand some posters who are skeptical. I think he will be a star but how soon?

linwood and BillLaimbeer like this.
  11. C-Bill

C-Bill All-Star

I think Drummond went 6/6 or 7/7 on hook shots. Nice game for him.

Wade was incredible. He had had a leading pass to Chalmers that he threw over his shoulder from deep in the corner, back to the basket, that was beautiful. He lead chalmers like 20 feet; he had to speed up to catch it, leaving him hide open for three.

roscoe36 likes this.
  12. BillLaimbeer

Yea, his hook shot has improved a ton. Everytime he shoots it, I cringe, but it has been going in at a high rate lately, it seems.

roscoe36 and C-Bill like this.
  13. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Monroe could have won this game for us. Like Stan said after the Orlando game...there are different styles for different games. Last night called for Monroe to grind out some points in the paint and that might have been enough to offset D. Wade and win the game.

jzchen, linwood and C-Bill like this.
  14. C-Bill

C-Bill All-Star

Yeah. I get momentarily anxious when he shoots them. Mainly because, being his move of the season, I really want to see it become consistent so I can say, "Hey, he's developing his offense pretty well." Some games it hits the rim so hard. But, he was even swishing hook shots I thought had no chance last night.

15. C-Bill

C-Bill All-Star

I agree. I was really thinking we could use Monroe when Haslem was owning us on the boards. At some point in the first quarter, I think they said he had 5 offensive rebounds.

16. roscoe36

That reverse alley-oop RJ and Dre ran a few times in the 4th was excellent.

del likes this.
  17. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

SVG is not stuck on adding to his myth like JD did his last few years. The latter was lord-over the swiss-cheese factory.
    Stan likes the long rookie contracts and the rebuild can't expand to Drummond-like developmental for everyone. This is his biggest dilemma.
    Bower and staff can help, but they can not afford mistakes like Meeks and I don't doubt that was a creation of a new staff syndrome.
    If Pope refuses to continuously attack, then it is time to wish him well. Drummond will only progress, when he has a constant buzz around him. The 1 and 2 positions must play their roles.

roscoe36 likes this.
  18. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Just like the old Wade, except the old Wade would have also gone to the free throw line 30 times.

roscoe36 and linwood like this.
  19. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I was thinking that too. He used to get many bogus foul calls which required flopping and carrying on, complaining, faking injury and getting carried off on a stretcher only to suddenly return to the game etc. etc. It's too much trouble now to go through that act now.

20. linwood

linwood All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

I really hate that style of basketball.