1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Home Miami Heat Sunday, December 08, 2013

Discussion in 'December 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 21, 2013.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

vs Miami Heat

Sunday, December 08, 2013 - 6:00 PM Eastern

Palace of Auburn Hills, Detroit, MI

LOCAL TV: FS Detroit
    NATIONAL TV:

RADIO: 950 AM

GO PISTONS!

2. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Anybody hear if we get Stuckey back for this one?

3. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Beat me to it! And what's up with Drummond?

4. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Wade will not play. Tweaked knee last night. Beasely out with Hammy.

5. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

No Stuckey.

6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Heat probably watched Tuesday's loss to the Pistons on the plane last night. They led from wire to wire with Pistons getting close at 21-19, 52-48, but never any closer than 52-48 after that. To avoid what happen in the first game, the Heat laid it on the Pistons in the 3rd at both ends of the floor blitzing them 32-19. They traded buckets for most of the 4th quarter before both teams threw in the towel.

The bigs got their points and boards, but they couldn't stop Lebron and the Birdman on the inside and our perimeter D was no match Allen or Mason on the outside.

Not a peep out of Pope...and after 18 mins have to assume that he was no match for any of the Heat so the coach shelved him.

Although Siva played his best game, guess we really do miss Stuckey, Billups and Bynum more than they missed Wade and Beasley....

Siva's lack of offensive aggressiveness compared to Stuckey and Bynum was still staring us in the face ..and we were shooting forced shots or throwing the ball away.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
    Lee356 likes this.
  7. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Unusual back to back where we had less than a 24 hour turnaround between games. To lose to the World Champs, ain't so bad under the circumstances. Still, coach is stuck on the same theme, Singler, first off the bench. Regardless of what is going on, Singler is the first guy off the bench. It does not work.

Drummond had a real good game, but as a group, our bigs failed repeatedly to get back on transition D to start the game. We got into a hole, and never quite dug out of it.

We saw Datome play, never hit a shot. So going for offense, when we could have played Mitchell - and shored up what really needed to be shored up - our defense. Same for the time any of our subs played minutes, we could have had better defense by simply playing Mitchell.

Siva had a decent game, confidently driving the ball inside - and getting a couple of lobs into Drummond for dunks. And his defense helps hold anything he helps us gain on offense.

JJ did well, as a small forward. Where he should be playing instead of Singler getting any minutes.

Miami did play some fine defense. They are a team that has been together a long time and it shows.

Jennings started out scoring well, and did end up with 19 points. His 6 turns did not help though. At times, if you looked at the scoreboard, the difference was just his points given up off turns.

We had a unit out there of Siva, Pope, JJ, CV, and Harrellson, and did well. Note, Singler was not part of this successful bench unit.

At times, we ran Singler and CV on the front line. Pathetic D.

Why did CV get to play? Sure, we were having problems. With defense especially. Guys like CV and Datome will not help you with that.

We were way too prone to leave their outside shooters open. And we never adjusted the whole game on that. This is pretty pathetic against a team that just does not have, especially without Beasley, a lot in terms of inside threat. Just not knowing who was suppose to do what.

Of course, a lot of that was using several players in the game slow of foot and others just not that good at defense to where they needed help. Way too many. Not needed.

Again, to expect to beat Miami every time right now is not very realistic. My main concern, this coach stays stuck on the same old record. Coach after coach has tried to pick thru the rubble that is Dumars' signees. Go a different direction. Tell Dumars to get better bench players. From what I can see, guys like JJ, Singler, CV - can be replaced easily from any league in the world.

LA Dre likes this.
  8. LA Dre

7 player deal between the Kings and Raptors today.. Got to be some deals that we can make as even when Stuckey, Bynum or Billups comeback, we are still short of another defensive player and another shooter to get to round two...
    Rudy Gay reportedly traded to Sacramento Kings for Greivis Vasquez, John Salmons | Larry Brown Sports

9. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Didn't the Pistons just win 4 games in a row with Singler the first guy off the bench?

basketbills and linwood like this.
  10. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Harrellson as first guy off the bench in two different 2nd halves helped us win. Singler off the bench never ever adds anything for us, but always gives us poor D.

del likes this.
  11. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

The Heat came to play tonight. There will be no complaining from this Pistons fan.

It looks like teams (at least the sound defensive teams) have started to pay attention or focus on Drummond. He is or getting any more free runs at the basket.

I don't know if Cheecks played CG because Stuckey was out or because he felt he needed scoring, but I applaud it. I like that he tries to take advantage of what his roster offers.

Sent from the new and improved Tapatalk 2.

12. Ernie the Slow Adult

Apparently the Italian League isn't one of those leagues.

Sent from the new and improved Tapatalk 2.

13. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

The team looked a bit tired.

We really needed the two guard to be able to penetrate against the Heat tonight. Jennings isn't the best dribbler/penetrator and when he did get the ball to the wing, they just closed it up. They brought their defense out during that 3rd quarter, we couldn't even get the ball inside. Stuckey may have helped a bit. But against a first rate defense playing well, our starting unit is lacking cohesion and maybe another penetrator.

The Piston announcer Kelser, kept saying the Pistons needed to D up in that third quarter, but it was the offenses inability to do anything that would lead to easy breaks by the Heat.

The Heat offense was very efficient in its own right in the half court which was also a problem and the Pistons seemed a bit tired to fly out on the shooters as the other night.

The team needs to put this one behind and go win the next one.

14. Ernie the Slow Adult

I liked when Kesler said the Pistons could use "another defender out there" and then clarified that he meant a 6th defender.

Loss aside, this is easily the most excited I've been for a stretch of games in years. That MN games should be good on Tuesday.

LA Dre and roscoe36 like this.
  15. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

We looked like a team on a back to back, that just played a physically tough team the night before....no legs and a step slow all night long. On top of that the Heat weren't going to lose to us again, I doubt that we had their full attention in Miami......we got it tonight. Jennings is tired, mentally. His body can play 40 mpg but he can't focus and play efficiently for that long of a stretch for this many games, having ALL of our back up PG's out of commission is just too much. I hope the guys have tomorrow off, maybe a film session but the guys definitely need a break.

16. Mark V

Mark V Bench Warmer

Wow, I wonder why the Raps pulled this trade off but wouldn't do if for Stuckey/Charlie V's expiring contracts. I don't know if Rudy Gay would've made our team any better but a shot creator on our team would've been nice.

17. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I wonder if the Raps DID finally call and say...OK, but the improved play of Rodney Stuckey made JoeD say, "No thanks"

Mark V likes this.
  18. LA Dre

Wonder if the Raps played better tonight without Rudy Gay taking all of the shots or was it because the Lakers offense sucked while Kobe was in there...

19. Mark V

Mark V Bench Warmer

Lol, I see what you mean. Although, we've thought the same thing about Monta Ellis, Jennings and Josh Smith. However, they've all adapted to their new team and are doing pretty good. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Rudy Gay started balling again in Sacramento.

20. McQuack

McQuack Bench Warmer

People said the same thing about Gay when he was traded to the Raptors.

And I wouldn't exactly say Josh Smith have adapted well to the Pistons. He's doing the same mistakes as he did in Atlanta.