1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Away Miami Heat Monday, February 03, 2014

Discussion in 'February 2014' started by roscoe36, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Wrong! They had 2 answers for them, Kyle Singler and Mo Cheecks. That's why Drummond subbed in for Monroe with 6:02 left.

The Panda and J-Train like this.
  2. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I'm starting to get the feeling that there's a possibility that we might not be able to beat Miami in a 7-game series.

J-Train likes this.
  3. J-Train

J-Train Team Captain Forum Donor

He should have subbed in for Smith.

You're not going to see me defend Mo Cheeks very often. He has done a less than awesome job this year.

4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It begs the question that may come into fruition in April, do we have a better chance of beating the Pacers in a 7 game series or the Heat? We are probably the only team that has beaten both of them in their gym........

The last two times we faced Lebron in a series, we were swept twice...4-2 (after winning the first 2) in 2007 and 4-0 in 2009.

If it's a no for each, then you shoot for the sixth spot where we are currently 0-2 vs the Hawks.

5. del

del Team Captain Forum Donor

All around, this was not a bad game and I actually preferred watching this loss, than the win over Philly (which I watched back to back).

The defence wasn't too bad I thought. Not sure if Miami just didn't run enough pick and roll, but for the best part of the game I didn't feel like Miami was just going to run all over us.

All the bit players were not their bad self. Bynum was not shot over or just trying to get his shot off, JJ provided good movement, both him and Singler played good positional defence for the most part and Stuckey was servicable.

Thought KCP was benched to quickly after that flop foul fall back shot by Wade, because up until that point since his second half return, he had denied Wade the ball by overplaying him well.

Stuckey provided the momentum killer after Drummond's block had us out on the run, when he collided into Bosh. It's unfortunate, but since he has come back from his shoulder injury, he seems to be returning to the old Stuck. All these turn-arounds and pull-ups that I was starting to rely on are beginning to miss and he is noticing and going back to colliding.

In the 4th, I think they kept JJ in a bit too long, and Drummond really needed to be back in there. Was really surprised when Mo went for Josh to return with Monroe. In fact, I thought the hydra was working decently most of the game, but Mo wouldn't put KCP back in there with them and the hydra + collider just equals a dead mythical creature.

Thanks for an enjoyable game Pistons. Was wondering whether I would see another one of these this season.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
    Lee356 and Ernie the Slow Adult like this.
  6. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

I'd rather go up against the Pacers than the Heat in the playoffs. The Pacers, for me, look remarkable consistent. The Heat don't. They push to another level.
    - The Heat are stacked with 3 point shooters, our mortal enemy.
    - The Heat play in transition. Our Kryptonite
    - Lebron James plays most of his minutes at our weakest defensive position. Another Achilles heel.
    - Their team, most significantly DWade, lives off making smart cuts. We don't have the collective defensive IQ to guard against this type of play.

Whereas the Pacers are collectively stagnant on offense, have relatively poor outside shooting, and don't know what offensive transition is.

LA Dre likes this.
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That's like saying that Luxembourg would rather go to war with Russian than China.

The Panda, brofmfa and Nemo like this.
  8. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

That's awesome. Hydra-collider. :gettinghanged:

9. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Either Miami or Indiana would be a good experience for this team. We'll lose both series for sure, but probably be able to hang with Indiana better as they rely more on their defense. We do have an advantage inside against Miami, but do not have the brains on the sidelines that would be capable of exploiting that advantage in a playoff series.

Besides, I always enjoy a Pistons-Pacers grind-out playoff series.

10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I already dislike the Heat. I would like to learn to dislike the Pacers as well.