1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Miami Heat March 22nd, 1:00 PM

Discussion in 'March 2009' started by Dlev59, Mar 19, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

[​IMG]

2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

They played real well and strong for long stretches, way more so than the HOU or DAL games. Plus, Lee will be one up on you regarding Amir's development if you don't watch it.

3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Careful with those scissors Fabio!

By the way, if he were allowed to sit on the rim, he still couldn't stop his man from scoring.

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Ouch.

I was just posting some candy for Kim. :)

5. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Amen. I also thought the block Afflalo was clean. The last one on Stuckey was a bad no-call though.

Herrmann's defense is horrid. He can be useful in certain situations, but Curry overplays him. Since he's the only white player on the roster, I wonder if it's a diversity thing. :D

AA's defense was solid in this game. Overall, I think he did a decent job on Wade. I sure hope that Curry splits the job of defend-the-other-team's-best-player between him and Prince once everybody's healthy. That'd allow Tay to retain some energy to do his left hooks on the offensive end. Overall, the best thing about this stretch of injuries is seeing what these young guys are capable of. It left me more optimistic about next year and beyond.
    I think Kwame earned the starting C spot with his recent play. I wonder if Curry will go with Sheed & Kwame at 4 & 5 when Sheed comes back. Put Dice back on the bench so he can recover from the heavy minutes he's been putting in.

6. Walter

It's even worse with Bynum. When he had the ball at the end of the first quarter, I could tell exactly what he was going to do even before he started dribbling. It seems like the Miami player (was it JO?) even positioned himself in the optimal blocking position before Bynum ever got there.

7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I believe the preferred nomenclature is "South American- American"... although he's not really American, right? I guess white works.

8. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Diversity only counts for native born folks. :cop:

I wonder if NBA teams are responibly for getting green cards for their foriegn born players. In order for someone to apply, other kinds of employers are required to post the job opening and interview to see if they can find a native born person to fill the job instead before the application can go forward.

Wanted: NBA small forward. Must have exceptionally large hands and the ability to double in a haircare ad.

9. Walter

What did you expect? He wasn't going go say "yeah, I fouled him. I mean I fouled him hard. But, thanks to my good looks, the refs didn't call it. So suck it". I think that what he said was good. He could've said that he didn't foul him at all. He essentially acknowledged the fact that he fouled him.

Yes, it sucks that the superstars get preferential treatment. But it's not like they file and application or anything. Whoever brings in the most cash for the league gets the dice roll their way. It's also the market they're in. Pau Gasol was not getting the calls he's getting when he was in Memphis. This is a corruption that is spewed by Stern. Everybody else, the refs, the announcers, the towel boys, they all do what his dictatorship tells them.

However, if you're a superstar and you're getting the calls, you're not gonna say "thanks, but I respectfully decline because that's the right thing to do". No. You're going to take it to bank, because you want to win it all.

At least Wade sort of acknowledged it. I doubt you'd have gotten any of that from Kobe-the-Great, His-Kingness, Truth-or-Dare or any of the other narcissist world saviors that can't even hear the refs whistle from the sound of how awesome they are.

10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That would have been a great quote.

11. Walter

Oh man, I forgot about that. I take back everything I said that even appears to be positive about Wade.

12. Walter

Well if you really want to get technical, he's really not white. More of a cosmic latte with lemon chiffon undertones.

13. Walter

They're probably here as O-1 aliens. From uscis website:

14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah, I was corrected when I called Arroyo white a couple years ago.

15. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well, that covers Sam Cassel, but what about everyone from this planet but not from the U.S.?

16. Walter

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

17. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Isiah >>> pseudo Super Star Wade

18. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

isiah hurts himself, he goes off for a quarter scoring record (i think), wade gets a hang nail.... gets taken off in a wheelchair.....

nuff said

19. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

That pseudo-star will go down as one of the greatest players of all time. Don't let your dislike for the guy cloud your judgment.

And Isiah was a PG. Different player. Wade is already better than Kobe ever was.

20. max

max All-Star

Maybe we just had a bad ref crew. In the previous game with them Stucky out played Wade in Miami and Wade was not getting those kinds of calls.

Its just frusterating because we really could have used a win in that game. So many games have ended like that this year.