Miami Heat March 22nd, 1:00 PM

Discussion in 'March 2009' started by Dlev59, Mar 19, 2009.

1. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

You know, initially I was upset at Stuckey for getting too close to Wade to try to contest that shot... but he actually did what he was supposed to do. Wade did the old Reggie Miller trick of kicking his legs out to draw contact. If anything, that should have been an offensive foul.
  2. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Lets not be too hard on him. He has a lot of room to grow, but a teacher he needs.

This was a good game for everyone to learn something. For instance:
    • The Refs (especially the secondary level) are not going to embarrass themselves in calling game ending decisions against a player like Wade. You won't have this crew in the playoffs.
    • The comments out of Wade about Stuckey means they go over the book on players. The book on Stuckey is right. It's only a big deal if you don't learn from it.
    • Curry now knows that Wade will draw either Rip or Wade when the game in on the line. The player who draws Wade will have trouble, because has superior quickness and most of all, outstanding jumping ability. Knowing this means you now have the ultimate decoy. You tailor your play call on giving the best option: either Stuckey (actually it will be AI) goes hard to the basket, Sheed pop out (depending on the point spread) for a three, or Dyess lines up for the short range jumper. Reversing this means Rip is the decoy.
    Stuckey was the wrong call for the last seconds, since he will have a hard time finishing. The best bet would have Tay drive into the paint for a soft shot and everyone crashes the boards. If Tay gets stopped, then Dyess is your next best option; again, everyone is crashing the boards. This isn't rocket science.
  3. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

You never know.
  4. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

After this game i've realized that it would be really hard for me if we had a "Wade" on this team.

I don't want to see any team win like this even if it's my own.

I guess after awhile the fans of CLE and MIA just delude themselves into thinking a specific way. A crab dribble becomes a "great move" . . .
  5. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

No. I hope he gets sentenced to coach the Clippers for eternity.
  6. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Heat got a bit lucky with this one no doubt, not just on the final play. It's hard to get too upset though, our guys played hard while short-handed and deserved to win.

Kwame 'Ray Allen' Brown and Max (couple of sweet rejections on JO, numerous O-boards) played well. Bynum and Afflalo continued to show they belong and Stuckey will start getting the calls once the Refs add him to their list.

At least we no longer look slow, old and predictable. We'll be a dangerous team in the playoffs. Hopefully Curry can get himself ejected in the first quarter next time. :cheers:

PS - JVG just became more irritating than Mike Breen. How is that possible? Those 2 just seem childish alongside Mark Jackson.

Mark Jackson 4 Pistons Coach in '10!
  7. Menace

Menace Bench Warmer

I hate Wade, he looks so arrogant. Like when he had those stitches underneath his eye and put a "Wade" sticker on it. WTF was that all about.
    There used to be times that teams had a great player but now it more seems to be that a great player just happens to be on a team.
    It's all about making money (greed) and not about the sport anymore.
    Stern did a nice job in bringing the NBA back to life when he started his job but he has taken it to far.

Pistons lost, got robbed but i still like the effort they seem to be playing with the young guys. I hope this summer the Pistons will be able to straight things out and we will be in for a great season after that. (even with MC, lol)
  8. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Hard to sleep after watching the time delayed broadcast late last night. Most of the calls Wade got probably were fouls, but then so were his two late blocks. Awful no calls.

Max's two blocks late in the game were seriously sweet. If the one hander gets sent back in your face, try again with two hands. Oops.

Can you imagine how effective Stuckey might be if the other team didn't know exactly what he was going to do every time he got the ball? Maybe Fllip's thousand page offensive manual was a bit of overkill, but maybe two pages is a little predictable.

I don't know how KB and AA stay up for games. It seems the better they do, the less likely it is that they are in the game when it matters. Max was playing well and deserved to stay in (though how your 4 can only manage one defensive board in 21 minutes is hard to imagine), but Kwame could have rested Dyess for at least a few minutes there.
  9. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

What drove me nuts about Wade was the s***-eating grin on his face. He knew he got away with it and was making a big show (high-fiving every single person on the bench, having stupid conversations with the fans) and rubbing it in.

I've heard he's literally the most arrogant person you'll ever meet (which i'm sure alot of athletes are), but he comes across as a stupid spoiled brat.

I feel slightly better now LOL.
  10. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

as much as it pains me to say this.. he makes james look humble
  11. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

What? Where is the 2nd page?
  12. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Page 1 - point guard waits until all five defenders are set to guard the lane and then drives

Page 2 - throw the ball to Prince on the wing and let him back down, and down, and down against whoever the defense feels should run over there

It's really only two pages because they use the really thick markers. If they had a decent Sharpie it would only be one page.
  13. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

14. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

not even close.

Wade isn't cocky as Lebron, and he isn't a **** eater like Kobe. Wade's a good guy.

The hatred for him stems from his treatment by the league and his dramatics (paul pierce, you suck for it too).

And I'd trade our three best guys for him. You would too. This year, he has ice in his veins and a killer instinct unlike any Piston ever.
  15. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I really can't stand him, never have. So arrogant and full of himself. Remember when before all interviews he used to quote the bible and give all praise to Jesus. He was such a family man and devoted husband and father. His public relations are now in overdrive since all of the bad press he has been getting lately. Not saying anything against the little boy during halftime but I wanted to gag. Wade looked so phony, the little boy was genuine though. The entire broadcast Sunday was about Wade. No wonder we did not get a call.
  16. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

wade does it all the time anod not just on shooting...yesterday he kicked his leg out on a routine pass (the one afflalo tipped and then took it the other way for a fast-break layup).
  17. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

As much as we complain about MC's lack of coaching skills, if ever there was a team that needs a new coach, it is the Clippers. To much talent on that team to get blown out by a shorthand Pistons team and talent less Raptors team on the same weekend.

Mike Dunleavy should give it up and turn the team over to someone else..like Van Gundy

Roscoe this is the first comment from the clippersforum.com that you indicated you were going to start last Friday....;)
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I think I'm just going to delete this game from my DVR and save myself the agony.
  19. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

lightweight

says the guy who slept through the game, lol
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I still think it's pretty impressive that we are in every single game without AI, Rip, and Sheed... and Amir.

We could easily be on a very impressive winning streak here. It's tough to ask guys like Stuckey and Bynum to come through in the clutch with no threats on the court with them to spread the attention.