1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Home Miami Heat Friday March 23 2012

Discussion in 'March 2012' started by roscoe36, Mar 18, 2012.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2012.
  1. Detroit

66.7%
  2. Miami

33.3%
  1. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

I almost voted Detroit. And then realised I wasn't asleep.

If we can't beat Denver when BEN GORDON IS SHOOTING 100% FROM BEYOND THE ARC then how on earth are we going to beat LeBosh Wades?

2. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

PS I found Ball Don't Lie tshirts on ebay. Is that anyone on here? Because I will be purchasing one.

3. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Maybe I should look. I always wanted one of those Wallacex2 shirts.

4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Big game tonight. It will be a good measuring stick to see where we're at.

5. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Pistons win tonight.........99-96. Stuckey lights it up........

6. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Stuckey is injured.

7. Nemo

yea.........I know. Somebody told me yesterday. I'm just trying to stay positive.

8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Almost there.....Full beat down in progress...Heat up 23 at the half...Pistons being outscored, out muscled and out hustled.

No BenG heroics, so no comeback....

9. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Im really hoping Frank gets his head out of his arse and deviates from his routine subs and at least tries daye or even cv tonight. The regulars look spent and are being destroyed at hustle. Maybe a spark froim our end of the bench briggade would help.

10. Nemo

We're still in this...We've out rebounded them and we've taken more shots so far.
    Go Pistons.......

11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Miami had a nice practice this evening. The real victory here is that we held every single one of their players below triple double level.

1 assist and 7 turnovers for Bengo? Ouch

Bench crew played really well though.

12. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

This game proves this team has a lot of fight in them. They were down 26 and came back to get within 9 thanks to the bench, but just couldn't get over the hump. Not that the refs helped any. Whistle, whistle, whistle. This game just felt like it had no real flow thanks to the abundance of whistles being blown every other possession. Suppose that's always going to be the case when playing the Heatles (recalls the phantom foul that led to Stuck fouling out in January) and this was at home. Imagine playing this team in Miami.

Brandon played fairly well, the Pistons' leading scorer today. He was aggressive early, and shot perfectly from range, finishing with 18/2. He got in foul trouble late in the first and played only 4 minutes before picking up his third foul late in the second. He picked up his fourth in the third after hitting his third trey, but when he came back in with 5 minutes left in the fourth he did ok. Did have 3 turnovers though.

After a stellar night in Denver, BG reverted to his usual self and turned the ball over a total of 7 times, twice in the crucial final 5 minutes of the game. He didn't shoot too badly, but the turnovers seemed to come at the most inopportune time for him. He also got burned repeatedly by anyone he guarded.

Greg had a quiet game after not getting off to the best start. He also only played 23 minutes with Frank opting to go with Big Ben at center to finish the game.

I think it's safe to say Max's hot streak is well over now as he was scoreless in 27 minutes, but grabbed 7 boards.

Tayshaun played like he wanted to win, but he was as much of a victim of the turnover bug as he turned it over 4 times and couldn't hit a shot when it counted. They probably shouldn't have gone to him as much as they did at the end, but with Greg out and BG being more likely to turn it over than hit a jumper, he and Brandon were the only real scoring threats. He had a bunch of good, wide open looks throughout the game, just couldn't knock them down. Overall a decent game for Tay. Had a very nice dunk in the second after Wade got one on the other end.

Ben played well. Made me cringe when he attempted to put the ball on the floor though I suppose being down as much as they were at the time, it was worth a shot.

Austin needs to play against Miami 100% of the time; he was 3 for 4 in 8 minutes. His defense was better than normal, but still subpar. He also wasn't getting the benefit of the whistle. Might have been a good idea to stay with him rather than go back to Tay, but it's obvious by now that Frank doesn't trust him.

JJ played pretty well on defense. On offense he got away with a few travels, and took a few too many jumpers. His hook shots never look like they're going in though.

Wilkins played really well. Solid defense, and he led the bench in scoring with 9.

Bynum - still hate his game. He contributed quite a bit to that big run by Miami in the second by not really moving the ball and having poor clock awareness. He played better in the second half, but he's still a ball hog. How did this guy leap frog over Walker D for backup point? It's pretty obvious a PG he is not.

Up next the Knicks, who just got blown out by Toronto :lol:. I'd be wary though, they're going to want to get back on track after that embarrassment and they've already blown us out twice this year. So long as the Pistons start with as much energy as they did tonight, it hopefully will be a better game than this one proved to be.

basketbills likes this.
  13. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Play Daye and CV. Gordon doesn't get results. Or just Daye if Villi cannot run without spraining his ankles

14. max

max All-Star

We really need to get more size up front. CV and Daye if they play well would help but without more size front its going to be hard to win. JJ may very well be worth the 4 mil/yr that he got but its not what we needed.

Great effort this game but when Monroe continues to be the only threat in the post then he's going to be the guy other teams know they have to stop to win. Need someone like Dwight Howard to play though this and thats not being fair to Monroe.

15. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Maybe Daye's life coach will only visit him when the Heat are in town?

Our own BillLaimbeer commented once that Daye has a spacey, glazed and dazed (say it like Walt Clyde Frazier) expression on his face during interviews. To me he has it during the games also. He didn't last night. He had expressions after a foul call against him that I'd never seen or noticed before and his eyes looked focused. It seemed like he was medicated.

I think most people would say that Monroe has been the Pistons best player (and 2nd best at worst) this year, but there have been numerous times this year when the team has played significantly better for extended stretches with Big Ben on the floor.

Will Bynum seems to have come down with the disease of passing to Ben Wallace late in the shot clock far from the hoop like he's Bob McAdoo that plagued the Pistons earlier this year.

I loathe Dwayne Wade and honestly would cheer if he announced he had cancer, but good lord is he explosive. He can be in full sprint from half a stride.

16. copper

copper Bench Warmer

I was wondering why the extra minutes for Ben and I looked back at the pvr and see that GM was out of position a few times on defense and was giving some real easy baskets to the heat. If Frank pulled him to show everyone on the team that they were all accountable and noone was above the hook? then good for him and it must be done to keep the players honest and accountable. I am disgusted at the inability to go anywhere but Tay when we need a basket. he never delivers regardless of how well he plays up to that point. I hope that Dayes solid play in limited minutes last night was what he needed to break into a legit shot at minutes and I am looking forward to seeing him in a legit shot to shine, ie playing with a drive and kick guard that can get him his spot up jumpers rather than trying to hit the turn and gun off the screen like he did last night.

17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Not sure Bynum deserves any criticism for his performance in this one. He has 3 times as many assists as our starting PG and one third as many turnover in less minutes.
    He also made twice as many free throws as any one else on the team.

When you have more assists than shot attempts, you are officially not a ball hog. Nobody else on the team was even close to that.

I agree that Walker Russell should get some more burn though. His .312 shooting percentage is a little gnarly, but he was really pushing the ball in the open court when he was getting minutes.

Pretty weak game from Monroe against a 2nd tier center. Got blocked twice in 5 shot attempts and turned it over 3 times in less than a half.

The Heat are really tough defensively and all ball movement grinds to a halt (for good reason, b/c when we passed it, they stole it).

18. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think Bynum must have played better in the second half when I turned away to watch some of the NCAA tourney games, cause in the second qtr he flat out looked bad out there and the heat were threatening to run away it.

By the time I tuned back to the game at the beginning of the 4th, the Pistons had shaved off the big Heat lead and much to my surprise there was Daye hitting a couple of jumpers. Maybe it is time to put CV back in the line-up to see what he can offer.

19. copper

copper Bench Warmer

bynum was pounding the crap outta the ball and was eating up clock like Tay then dishin at the last chance and getting lucky a few of his " leave your feet and hope someones open to pass to" assists. BK had at least 4 dimes left on the floor with beautiful dishes to Tay and BG and GM and JJ that got them open looks but they either fumbled it away or missed the bunny. Stat sheets dont show those as errors to the guy who missed or fumbled the pass, they show a turnover or no dime at all. Bynum is too small to guard anyone without the last name Boykins and regularly gets abused and if he isnt in attack mode breaking his man down and dogging him all the way up the court he is a waste of minutes.

round likes this.