Away Miami Heat Friday Jan 25 2013

Discussion in 'January 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

The biggest disappointment for me was that Wade didn't take out Stuckey and Max for the year with one of his trademark cheap shots.

2. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

did Rodney visit the dentist?

3. kpaav

kpaav Team Captain Forum Donor

Whenever your starting PF scores 2 points and snags 2 boards you have to like your chances against the defending champs.

BallDon'tLie, del, linwood and 2 others like this.
  4. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

There was a spot about Rodney's missing front tooth. Apparently he has to go without the tooth for a while until a replacement comes in. In the meantime he sticks his knocked ou tooth into his mouthpiece while playing.

5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Notice at the 17-18 second mark how excited Piston players, Max, CV, Magette and JJ are over the half court shot....I guess since they weren't coming in, they didn't need to be huddling with the coaches..

6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

So, Bynum is a better at driving than Stuckey. He's hitting his jumpers at least as good as Stuckey. He is a better passer than Stuckey, and he's just as bad a defender as Stuckey

THEREFORE

Will should sit so Stuckey can play ...

Makes perfect sense.

I've said it before and I will say it again. We had CV fail, we had Max fail. We had half of the roster fail. You can't beat good teams playing like that. Our problem is personnel (ours are fairly poor and don't fit together) and it is coaching (our coach isn't a difference maker) BUT the result of both of those, is that we lack consistency, night in and night out.

One night, CV can look like an Allstar. One night, Max can look like a starter. The next night, you wonder how these guys got into the NBA.

Two things need to happen.

We need to get better players and we need our existing players to improve.

Anyone who thinks Stuckey is going to improve is smoking something funny. He is what he is. A low %, low court awareness power guard with no point guard instincts. He's strong and tough, but he's not even top 20 at SG, and he's supposed to be our leading scorer.

I watch the games, I try to enjoy the games, and I hope we can sneak into the playoffs. But shuffling around who plays is like playing with the food on your plate. Nothing substantially changes and you're likely to make a bigger mess (if in the case of this team, that is even possible).

del, Woody, alexa032 and 4 others like this.
  7. LA Dre

This team can sneak in at # 8, but we need help and from the teams in front us to play poorly enough to sneak in....As you say we have Jeckyl and Hyde players looking like all-pros for a week and then semi-pros for the next week. Notice how different Moose's offense was between the Bulls game and the Heat game. Yeah the Bulls had better D, but still, it should not be that much of difference....

roscoe36 likes this.
  8. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Bosh claims he's a lock to make the HOF. Source: His friends.

Chris Bosh says he’s a lock to make the Hall of Fame | ProBasketballTalk

9. pgreenpacer

pgreenpacer Second Round Draft Pick

Do comedians have a HOF? If he makes it in then the entire 04' Pistons roster is a lock to go too....and people still debate whether Ben Wallace can make it in.

I hate Bosh.

Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  10. LA Dre

What is the state of our team if we get blown out by the Heat with two functionaling point guards, and the Celtics beat them in double OT without Rondo? Maybe it is better rivalry of a 1-8 match-up in the playoffs with the Heat and the C's than the Heat and the Pistons

11. del

del Bench Warmer Forum Donor

So a question around this. It seems obvious that the lack of good players playing with our 3 future franchise players will slow their progress, but the question I have is, will it ultimate mean they do not reach their full potential?

Also, will having a coach that can not read a game properly and trying to make players fit his system, rather than the system fit the players, have the same result?

I am really happy we have a combination of Drummond, Monroe and Knight to work with, but I am also equally worried the environment they are in, is one of the worst for their development.

Someone talk me down off the ledge...

12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The heat are pretty physically dominant. We hung in there for a long while. It was in miami. This was our first domestic blowout in a long while.

KGREG likes this.