1. Summer League Starts SATURDAY July 1 More info HERE.

Dismiss Notice
  2. PF.com is also on Facebook. Follow/Like us Here.
    Dismiss Notice

Home Memphis Grizzlies - Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Discussion in 'March 2015' started by roscoe36, Mar 13, 2015.

1. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

RJ with 23 points, 20 assists, and 2 turnovers.

linwood likes this.
  2. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

20 assists are you kidding me

roscoe36 likes this.
  3. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

Maybe if RJ can do that on a regular basis, I might be okay with the Pistons keeping him.

roscoe36 likes this.
  4. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Great comeback for the win. Good signs. But it was a win we didn't really need.

roscoe36 likes this.
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

C-Bill likes this.
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yep I was about to say the same thing...all that time Moose wastes in posting up, a shooter could have had the ball in the bucket..

7. junior

junior All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Do we think Reggie liked having more room to operate without big Moose clogging up the lane?

C-Bill, LA Dre and roscoe36 like this.
  8. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Maybe a stretch 4 with a bit more size than Tolliver is the solution for this team.

C-Bill likes this.
  9. LA Dre

I am happy for them as they beat the number two seeded Grizz even though it was on their second game of a back to back

All of those fans who had purchased tickets for this one at least got a winner. Now if they can put together 15 more in a row to close out the regular season that might do the trick...other wise avenge one of those Sixer losses tomorrow and then if the goal is to taynk....go for it.

Pistons only team to have a player with with a 20-2o game this season assists wise and they did it twice with BJ doing it the game before he went down.

brofmfa, linwood and C-Bill like this.
  10. C-Bill

C-Bill All-Star

Interesting.
    Was a fun game to watch. As much as it is in our best interest to lose at this point, I just can't help but root for the win when I am watching. Especially with the Pistons trying so hard. Very nice defense tonight. Great help-outs, nice double-teams and recoveries.

With a little under two minutes to go in the fourth. Randolph ended up on an iso on Prince. I thought, "Oh uh," and " Come on, Prince!" Tay stuck with him and forced a very tough shot from Randolph. I like seeing old Tayshaun succeed:)

I wasn't sure they were going to give RJ the 20 assists. #18 was a fastbreak feed to Tayshaun, but Andre got a few fingers on it as the ball was on its way. So, I wasn't sure that one counted until they said 20 assists at the end.

How does Meeks get followed on every jumpshot he takes? Is it because he is so quick to his spots, ya figure? And, defender is sprinting to catch up? I would really like his game if he could consistently find his shot.

roscoe36 likes this.
  11. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

Flying under the radar is Dre's 16/16 game with 5 (!) blocks and a tidy 4/6 at the line. I haven't been watching in a while, but he seemed to have a handle on the paint area defensively (at least in the second half).

Also, KCP's 24 points on 16 shots, most of which came during their comeback in the third. Add in Tolliver's 4/9 from downtown and 7 boards (and his gritty play on defense), and it was a solid performance.

But tonight was RJ's night. With Moose out and re-focused on attacking, he looked like the franchise player he sees himself as. It would be nice for the Pistons' cap if he didn't really kick it in until next year.

12. BillLaimbeer

I really dislike watching Tay on the floor, but I have to admit, he was not terrible tonight.

roscoe36 likes this.
  13. LA Dre

The story behind the numbers......or the miscellaneous stats
    10 game losing streak ends
    Over came a 15 point half time deficit
    Only the 3rd time this year they had won a game after trailing at the end of three.
    Reggie 23 points, 20 assists, (13 in the second half), KCP 24 points, 1 assist (the first one of the game)
    First Piston win for Tay since he put his old uniform back on..and the first time he has scored in double figures (11)
    Pistons 3-10 since all star tanyk, trades break
    After splitting 4 FT's tonight, Meeks still an NBA best 119/130 for 91.5...just ahead of Step Curry 90.7 and Jamal Crawford 90.3
    Dre made the most FT's tonight> 4 (4-6) and another double-double with 16-16., his 38th of the season...
    Pistons shot 52.3% from deep..this usually translates to wins..which means they haven't shot that many games where they accomplished this :(
    Joel Anthony took up good spacing for over 9 minutes and his only stats in the box score was a -5 in the +/- no points, boards, fouls ...just 0's across the board...good job!
    Piston TV broadcast team grew to 3 members for 5 minutes as the injured Greg Monroe sat in with George and Greg to give some commentary

Bad night across the NBA as three teams destined for this seasons plays are beaten ....Pistons by 10 over the Grizz, Knicks by 4 over the Spurs in OT and Pelicans in a minor upset over the Bucks. The Rockets had to fight off the Magic and won by 7......all this means is that the Clippers are in trouble tonight playing the Hornets.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
    C-Bill and roscoe36 like this.
  14. BillLaimbeer

Also, we had a 10-game (5-year) losing streak to the Grizzlies that was broken.

C-Bill, LA Dre and roscoe36 like this.
  15. detteam

detteam All-Star

Losing a couple more ping-pong balls. Awesome

16. LA Dre

And one more... Pistons first team in awhile? to have two double digit losing streaks and a 7 game winning streak in the same season

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
    roscoe36 likes this.
  17. BillLaimbeer

I thought I heard them say that the Pistons were the only team to ever do that.

roscoe36 likes this.
  18. LA Dre

That's why I put a question mark on it cause I was sure what I heard...but they are a team of many first and only's

roscoe36 likes this.
  19. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Reggie was the straw that stirs the drink tonight. Nice night for Andre and KCP too.

roscoe36 likes this.
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'm bummed that I had to work late and didn't get to see an actual W. DVR'd it, but got tipped off on the score, which kills it for me.

I'm OK with a PG that isn't a 3-point shooter as long as we have 3 other shooters to space things out. RJ and Dre seem like a ridiculous P&R combo to me if the lane is open. Tonight, Tolliver replaced Monroe. Tolliver took 9 three point attempts and only 3 shots inside the arc. That right there has to open things up for the Dreggie .

Just glancing at the box score:
    - RJ with 20 assists and no other player on the team with more than 1. Pretty sure that has never happened before in NBA history.
    - RJ with only 2 turnovers for a 10:1 ratio. That'll do.
    - We attempted 33 three pointers. Was that the result of the spacing? The Pistons played their best basketball this year when Jennings, KPC, and Singler were getting off lots of threes. That pretty much died 11 games ago.
    - Dinwiddie was -14 in 13 minutes.
    - Drummond with 16/16/1/2/5 is pretty sweet. 50% shooting, 67% from the line, only 1 turnover, and +15.
    - Reggie and KCP had similar nights scoring-wise. Each had 8 FGs inside the arc, 2 outside, and neither got to the line (KCP 2-3 and RJ 1-1). That is a lot of inside scoring without contact. Maybe someone that actually watches the games can explain it (fast breaks?)

roscoe36 and Laimbrane like this.