Home Memphis Grizzlies Sunday, January 05, 2014

Discussion in 'January 2014' started by roscoe36, Oct 21, 2013.

1. nene

nene Second Round Draft Pick

Datome never ???

2. nene

CIAO ROSCOEEEEEE one time here many fans today ------

roscoe36 likes this.
  3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Nene, you should come into the Piston chat room to discuss the game with us Chat | Detroit Pistons Forum....or see at the top of the page

4. nene

Please --fired Maurice Cheeks

Mogilny likes this.
  5. nene

THks Dre i dont know this..remember many years ago...sry nex time I will come to chat....

6. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Another solid game by the Pistons. Unfortunatly the heavy legs after 5 days of practice let us down in the second half. Not even Billups or 8-31 shooting by the marque free agent signings could keep us in the game.

Cheeks big move was to limit Harrys minutes.

Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  7. LA Dre

I can't tell you if it was their worse performance of the season, but certainly the worst of 2014....and hopefully it can only get better.

The team jumped off to a 20-10 lead, until it was time to sub out Pope and Drummond, and the Grizz finished the qtr on a 18-7 run. We will put the blame on who ever was supposed to be checking Conley (Billups or BJ??) Either way Conley hit three from down town. Also who ever was not checking Jon Leuer who was hitting from the inside and out side and had a career game vs the pistons and in the end finished with a line of 23-8.

The Pistons rebounded with the starters in the second took a five point lead into the half. I am not sure what was said in the locker room, but the energy level for the Pistons dropped, and they got beat at their own game in the paint as they let the Gasol replacements beat them on the offensive boards and score on layups, and put backs. The Pistons relied on the jump shots again.....from afar or the turnaround prayer variety and hardly any of them fail through the hoop. The Pistons were out boarded 59-43....

Pope was 6-8, from the field and Bynum 3-11.....why is Bynum taking more shots than Pope in less minutes. Jennings was 2-14 and had 11 assists. 8 of those were in the first quarter....

Five losses in a row and they don't look like they are on the verge of turning it around. 14-20 so the coach's job is safe for now. :gaah:

8. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

This team has no direction and it doesn't look like things are changing. You all can take your pick on what reason or reasons.

Other teams are now sensing that they can just turn it up and the Pistons will fold.

Yes, the defense was bad (and worse--lost in terms of coverage) but the offense scored 11 points in the third quarter and 28 for the second half. After an 11 point 3rd quarter, the announcing team pointed out that Josh did not guard Randolph well near the end of the third quarter. Ok. We can continue the denial...

It goes beyond the little things now. Billips (I will always point out is a Piston champion) came in early in the game and the early lead evaporated. But this goes beyond Billips, or Singler or Andre being too young, etc. It goes beyond effort. The effort goes into a void as the team is just plain lost on both ends of the court.

The Panda and LA Dre like this.
  9. LA Dre

Unfortunately he is safe for now......but if he has some more 28 point losses at home or lose the next 10 at home then Gores will be firing both Cheeks and Dumars.....who should be sending secret text messages to Lionel Hollins asking how much he wants to coach a half of a season.

10. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Dre, I don't think the problem the last 2 games was effort. You can try all you want but in a team game, if you a trying hard without a system, the effort is more or less wasted. The opposing team with a system runs around and through your individual effort. The Pistons have no direction at this point and simply look lost.

The problem with the offense, in my opinion, is not jumpers. If anything, the offense is too stilted toward the inside especially in the 4th quarter. The problem with the offense (given limitations on 3 point shooting and youth) is that there is no systematic points of attack--no apparent design. It is a helter-skelter array of this and that (most one on one plays down low) that is easy to defend.

11. del

del Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Just an absolute pathetic performance after the Orlando and Washington embarrassments and then having 5 days to address it.

This team is at a cross roads and the buck absolutely stops with Joe and Mo. I hope Gores phoned them both after the game and gave it to them.

The scary thing for me, and I don't know how, but Mo has taken all the fun out of Andre's game. Added to that, he has started to take his effort guidelines from Monroe.

Joe needs to be out shopping Monroe for the best wing or 2 guard we can get and better bench players.
    Mo needs to build a team effort on defence for four quarters and forget about the offence for now.

12. LA Dre

Like Mo Cheeks said in his press conference, this team needs to figure out when they are down how to chip away a lead.....just like other teams have chipped away our leads.

If they could even match bucket for bucket at least I would see that they were trying, but we have guys that are afraid to shoot and then the guys that can't shoot.....and those long misses always end up as bucket on the other end.

13. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Coaching loss. Pure and simple.

Coach goes into the game with just one thing on his mind, when can he bring in his bench players. Mostly when he can bring in Singler.

Some say our team was not ready. Sure, if you include our bench players, like Singler, Billups, and Bynum, sure they were not ready to play. Indeed, they will never be ready to play. They simply can not play basketball too well for NBA standards.

How did our starters do, when no bench player was out there with them? First of all, our starters only played as a group for 8:46 in the first half. Barely enough time to have any stats for them. But they were plus 14 in the first half, if anyone cares to know. In any case, it certainly does not seem to be the case that anyone can prove our starting group was unprepared to play.

In the 2nd half, our starters played even less, so I will not even worry about that plus minus. Way too little time for them to draw any conclusions. But for sure, since they did not play as a group hardly at all in the 2nd half, nobody can say they were not ready to play. Just not enough data for the 2nd half.

Now, in contrast, we did have a lot of time in this game where there was a bench player involved. I can tell you for a certainty that our starting group was positive. So we lost by 28, so while we had bench players in, we were at the very least, 28 points negative.

Our bench rotation is not working. Coach will not address it, or maybe he has been told by Dumars not to address it. Whichever the case may be, do not put blame on our starters, who were quite prepared for this one, jumping out to a 20-10 lead to start the game, before coach started calling in the bench to muck it all up.

I will redo this report tomorrow after I watch the first quarter, which I missed.

Until then, stay warm. My county just called in all the trucks, pretty much nobody is suppose to venture out the next two days.

14. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

During the last 20 games KCP is shooting 39.2% and Singler 46.9% from deep. Move Singler to the starting lineup and increase the minutes of both players.

15. LA Dre

It's a shame when the only player making a headway on the bench is the guy we were suppose to get rid of...Stuckey. At this point I might be willing to take back Prince, but we already got to many lefties on the floor now that the opposing defenses have figured out how to stop....

16. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Sigh. Even in the first half when the Pistons were playing well I found it odd that the Griz, who struggle to score 80 ppg, easily topped 50.

I liked the zone they played in the 1st Q. That suits them.

If we begged Milwaukee would they give us Middleton back? The Pistons bench is rough.

I liked that Monroe and Drimmond played together a lot in the 2nd Q run.

What seed are the Pistons now?

Don't worry, the Pistons apparently have another 5 day break next week.

17. LA Dre

We shouldn't feel that bad....I am watching the post game Lakers show and both in studio hosts, Byron Scott and James Worthy both want a drink. :beer:
    The struggling Nuggets had lost 8 games in row.. but then beat a another supposed struggling team in MEMPHIS.....:bs: on Friday and then after trailing by one 60-61 to the Lakers tonight scored 77 points in the second half to run away from the Lake show 137-115. ......and you thought we had issues...If you score 115 points, you should win a game........Nuggets Nate Robinson had 3 dunks in the last 2 mins...

Lakers have lost 7 of 8 ....sound familiar huh? Only posted it here just to let you know that we aren't the only team with defensive problems.

18. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I got nothing. That was terrible. Even Mo admitted in the post game press conference that he had nothing either.

This was an off-season where you add either Jennings OR Smith adding both is looking like a mistake........neither can shoot the ball worth a darn and teams continue to pack the paint on us and dare/encourage/beg us to shoot from the outside.....we oblige them and lay enough bricks to build a new arena. Whether we win games comes down to whether or not 2 guys who are struggling to shoot 40% from the field can make shots....they can't!

19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Ok, I count 19 points Singler cost us in the first half. By not getting rebounds any other small forward would have gotten, not being in position on defense, not being able to address, in the least, a scorer around the basket. Minimal standards. Singler does not meet them.

Bad coaching in bringing in Billups, but not resting Jennings when he does so. This just flat out wastes Billups only possible value to us, a point guard who can keep the offense flowing when Jennings sits. Jennings had a real nice first half by the way. I believe he had all nine of his assists, for instance.

No real problems with our starters. No problem with strategy when the starters were on the floor, as we went inside a lot, as we are suppose to.

Singler did hit a triple, and scored a nice bucket, while otherwise giving up 19 points.

20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Who gave up the other 94 points?

Laimbrane and Menace like this.