*MEDIA* John Thompson Interview with Pistons

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Feb 10, 2006.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Coach John Thompson of Georgetown Hoya fame sat down and spoke with the Pistons starters in what I consider to be one of the best Stones interviews of the year.

CREDIT TO YROKffolohcin @ The Pistons Official forum for this Video/Audio excellence!!!

READ CAREFULLY

You must be a registered member (free) to download these links.
    You can register here, http://www.pistonsforum.com/register.php

Attached to this post is an MP3 of the audio from the video. It is a smaller download for those on dial-up. Frankly, the video is nice, but the audio is the meat of the interview. You will not miss out on much by only getting the audio.

If you would like to download the full video, follow this link.
    http://www.pistonsforum.com/forum.php?f=96

It's approx. 45 MB and in WMV format, playable in Windows Media Player and numerous other software video players.

I strongly suggest you download the MP3 and/or WMV video to your local PC to watch/listen. Trying to stream it from PF.com will probably result in choppy playback. You can right-click and choose Save As to do this.

The audio on this video (and MP3) is rough and although I tried to clean it up, rather than hold back while I tinker endlessly, I present it as I received it. My advice is to turn the volume down low. The lower the volume, the less distortion in the audio.

nJoy!

Attached Files:

2. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

thanks roscoe! this was a totally beautiful, even moving interview. made me proud to be a fan of these guys.

i think you are right about the video not being as important as the sound, but there was one facial expression that was priceless...at the moment in the interview after Rip says that Sheed's arrival took the pistons from "good to great" and that Sheed was the "final piece of the puzzle that we needed", sheed sort of looks away, half-modestly and half-shyly as he says "and you were the other four pieces that i needed"...sheed's expression when he says that...so sincere and so open...wow, it spoke volumes about how these five guys work together on the court and what holds them together

3. LA Sam

LA Sam Second Round Draft Pick

Thanks for the video, even though the sound left something to be desired.

My only comment was that I was dissapointed in their answer to the question about why are they so unselfish. They hemed and hawed, but never really came out with the only answer possible.

They are the way they are because that's the way the man at the top is(Joe Dumars). That man looks for and hires people that believe in the team concept(Larry Brown).

But it all starts and ends with Joe!!! Why in the world did they even have to think about that, and why couldn't anyone say it.

That bothered me a bit.